ADVERTISEMENT

How does this compare to 2013/2014?

OlearysRosacea

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 4, 2017
Has UCF arrived? Do you see more coverage from the media both national and local? Are your coworkers discussing this more or is still a little pat on the back like "Congratulations for winning the Special Olympics"?

I definitely see more people discussing this team and everything surrounding the CFP controversy. I'd even say this team is being elevated into new heights with essentially a bandwagon following that didn't really exist beyond students/alum/locals. Seems like they've made a lot of new fans. I wonder if they measure metrics of how many social media followers they had prior to the first game of the season and now.

Social Media changes everything. So does 13-0. You can argue 12-1. You can't argue 13-0.

They wont admit it, but the CFP Committee will be influenced next year should UCF go undefeated again.

Just take a look at any comments section on ESPN discussing the "cartels invitational." There are a lot of people claiming us National Champs.

Hell even our social media pages seem to be infiltrated with haters. That's new for us. Unless the usual USF troll got onto those pages, NO ONE ever showed up to get into serious arguments in the past because, well, it's UCF. But now you're seeing a huge discussion pool on Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It's good. Danny White and the athletics dept is entering new territory here.

I think we've raised more eyebrows, but we haven't "arrived." I think we will have arrived if we join a P5 conference, or have more success like this every single year. I'm just imagining a scenario where for whatever reason, Heupel and the staff/team don't fully gel and we have 4-5 losses next season - we'll just be yesterday's news.

I honestly think we’d have more respect if it wasn’t for the 0-12 season. Everywhere I’m hearin the pundits give credit to Frost for turning around a “bad” team/program. No one is mentioning that we won the fiesta just 4 years ago. I think GOL set the program back with the key decision and the 0-12 season. Next year we’ll get to see more if it’s the coach or the program. Problem is next year everyone will be gunning for us.

I honestly think we’d have more respect if it wasn’t for the 0-12 season. Everywhere I’m hearin the pundits give credit to Frost for turning around a “bad” team/program. No one is mentioning that we won the fiesta just 4 years ago. I think GOL set the program back with the key decision and the 0-12 season. Next year we’ll get to see more if it’s the coach or the program. Problem is next year everyone will be gunning for us.

Yeah I hate the whole 0-12 angle from the media. I know it was lousy but the focus on it is so big that it takes away from the program's accomplishments. Everything is 0-12 to 13-0! As if the program was in shambles forever and suddenly made it to a bowl game for the first time ala New Mexico this year. I do like updated the UCF Football Wikipedia page to reflect a "claimed National Title" under the accomplishments.

Who gives a shit about 0-12. It is a single season recognition for national championships. Auburn played for a mythical national championship a year after they were 1-11 and nobody batted an eye. UCF is 2 years removed from 0-12.

In 2013/14 I think we all were just glad to be there. To win is was icing on the cake. To be honest i went to the Fiesta Bowl because I thought that was going to be the only time UCF had to be in a NY6 bowl because the BCS and automatic berth for the Big East was going away.

This time UCF showed up. Not only the team, but the fans, the administration, public relations, everything. We acted like a big boy program because for the first time we ARE a big boy program

I have friends from everywhere saying we should have been in playoff. In 2014 even after we won they said we had a good little team that couldn't beat an SEC team. This year is different. They put up a stat of undefeated teams in BCS era and after I think, only about 8 of them with us and Boise.

I have friends from everywhere saying we should have been in playoff. In 2014 even after we won they said we had a good little team that couldn't beat an SEC team. This year is different. They put up a stat of undefeated teams in BCS era and after I think, only about 8 of them with us and Boise.

Just wondering if they had the same thought before we beat Auburn. I know other people are saying that we should have been in the playoff only after we beat Auburn and showed that we deserved a chance from the beginning. I am sure some of those same people were saying we did not stand a chance against Auburn in the first place.

Just wondering if they had the same thought before we beat Auburn. I know other people are saying that we should have been in the playoff only after we beat Auburn and showed that we deserved a chance from the beginning. I am sure some of those same people were saying we did not stand a chance against Auburn in the first place.
I'm not sure who thought before but I think a few people did just because we were undefeated. Most SEC fans say we play high school teams.

Reactions: Knight Badger 80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT