ADVERTISEMENT

How many games does the CFB season exist before being cancelled?

This is not going to be a happy ending for Frosty and NGEbraska

Huh? Assuming this is a one or two year hiccup, your math doesn't work.
How many businesses in lincoln go under if we don't have football Saturdays in the fall? How many upline businesses go under? How many families go bankrupt?

How many businesses in lincoln go under if we don't have football Saturdays in the fall? How many upline businesses go under? How many families go bankrupt?
But what's the alternative? Lose 50+ million a year for what? ....to play a few games this fall? Does this mean you want home games with full stadiums?

Then what happens after that? Where's the money come from to pay Frost and his coaches? What happens to the proposed new Football Complex?

The B1G Commish is in shit right now considering he was caught lying about the vote being unanimous not to play, and he and his wife just blessed his son to play this season at Miss State. There's also a rumor going around that OSU is trying to organize a mini B1G season but Governor Karen in Michigan is blocking it.

Just a typical season.

Meanwhile UCF is practicing and GT just announced 20% fan capacity for our first game.

The B1G Commish is in shit right now considering he was caught lying about the vote being unanimous not to play, and he and his wife just blessed his son to play this season at Miss State. There's also a rumor going around that OSU is trying to organize a mini B1G season but Governor Karen in Michigan is blocking it.

Just a typical season.

Meanwhile UCF is practicing and GT just announced 20% fan capacity for our first game.
Nobody knows if any of this stuff is true, but it makes for good drama. All we really know is that the vast majority of players and their parents want to play this fall and that Warren is avoiding questions. The Big10 really screwed the pooch thinking that everybody else would just fall in line.

Nobody knows if any of this stuff is true, but it makes for good drama. All we really know is that the vast majority of players and their parents want to play this fall and that Warren is avoiding questions. The Big10 really screwed the pooch thinking that everybody else would just fall in line.

Don't worry, we'll invite Frosty to attend the UCF v Clemson CFP Final.

Just a typical season.

I always heard the vote was 10-2, not unanimous. I also dont understand why people keep bringing up his son. His son is an adult and playing in a different conference, Warren has no authority to pull his son from the team. Regardless, this whole thing is kind of pointless to really even talk about right now. If the SEC, ACC, etc have seasons with no major hiccups then it will be easy to say the Big 10 made the wrong decision. If all those conferences do have major issues, it will be easy to say the Big 10 made the right decision. We just kind of have to see how it plays out.

This certainly hasnt helped the Big 10. In saying that, it is possible they have made the right decision. UNC already canceled in person classes less than a week after students arrived on campus, ND has had clusters, etc etc. I think people are under the impression that these decisions to play were the end all be all of this, but we have absolutely no idea if the season will actually end up being completed.

This certainly hasnt helped the Big 10. In saying that, it is possible they have made the right decision. UNC already canceled in person classes less than a week after students arrived on campus, ND has had clusters, etc etc. I think people are under the impression that these decisions to play were the end all be all of this, but we have absolutely no idea if the season will actually end up being completed.
Can't disagree with any of that. I still go back to what I thought we should have done from the very beginning: take this 2 weeks at a time. The whole approach of looking at things 6 or 8 months out is silly. They canceled the parade of roses in July because of Covid. What? How does that make any sense? Can you imagine any of these decision makers being a military General? You have to take the information on the ground and adapt in real time, not make a long term strategy having no idea what will happen in the interim.

Can't disagree with any of that. I still go back to what I thought we should have done from the very beginning: take this 2 weeks at a time. The whole approach of looking at things 6 or 8 months out is silly. They canceled the parade of roses in July because of Covid. What? How does that make any sense? Can you imagine any of these decision makers being a military General? You have to take the information on the ground and adapt in real time, not make a long term strategy having no idea what will happen in the interim.

I think potential lawsuits also drove some of these decisions, and I think players making demands probably didnt help either. It is almost a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. I had a friend who moved his daughter into UK last week for her freshman year, and in a matter a days she, and like half the students on her dorm floor all tested positive. Hopefully I am wrong, but I just dont see anyway they are going to be able to control the spread of this on college campuses.

I always heard the vote was 10-2, not unanimous. I also dont understand why people keep bringing up his son. His son is an adult and playing in a different conference, Warren has no authority to pull his son from the team. Regardless, this whole thing is kind of pointless to really even talk about right now. If the SEC, ACC, etc have seasons with no major hiccups then it will be easy to say the Big 10 made the wrong decision. If all those conferences do have major issues, it will be easy to say the Big 10 made the right decision. We just kind of have to see how it plays out.

It's a terrible look for a commissioner to shut down his entire league due to player safety concerns, and then bless his son to go play in a league that wasn't shut down. It's a terrible, terrible look. At the very least he could have said that he doesn't approve but can't stop him.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
It's a terrible look for a commissioner to shut down his entire league due to player safety concerns, and then bless his son to go play in a league that wasn't shut down. It's a terrible, terrible look. At the very least he could have said that he doesn't approve but can't stop him.

The only way it is a terrible look is if you think he has the authority to pull his adult son from the team, which he clearly doesnt. It is ridiculous to think the decisions he makes at his job should be based on what his adult son is doing in another part of the country.

What exact quote are you referring to anyway? The only thing I see he said they had to make a difficult decision. For all we know he tried to convince his son not to play, and his son decided to play anyway.

The only way it is a terrible look is if you think he has the authority to pull his adult son from the team, which he clearly doesnt. It is ridiculous to think the decisions he makes at his job should be based on what his adult son is doing in another part of the country.

Pretty sure I already addressed that point with my last sentence above.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Pretty sure I already addressed that point with my last sentence above.

It isnt a real issue. This is just people disagreeing with the Big 10's decision not to play, and pilng on. His son has absolutely nothing to do with whether the Big 10 should or shouldnt be playing.

It isnt a real issue. This is just people disagreeing with the Big 10's decision not to play, and pilng on. His son has absolutely nothing to do with whether the Big 10 should or shouldnt be playing.

OK thanks for the opinion, you may want to check in with B1G fans since they don't seem to agree.

OK thanks for the opinion, you may want to check in with B1G fans since they don't seem to agree.

You are meaning to tell me fans dont agree with something? Wow, that never happens, so obviously you have a great point.

It’s either safe for his son to play or it’s not

if the B1G can’t play, then he can’t condone his son playing

Reactions: UCFKnight85
Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. The big12 released their schedule this morning and the best nebraska could do is play 5 games against the conference. That being said, there are a lot of Nebraskans that would be very happy if we left the Big10 and tried to put a season together. Not playing is going to do a heck of a lot more damage economically than just losing the 50 million we get from the big10 network.
Are they working to get 5 more games? Even if the other 5 are in the spring it's worth it.

First game played tomorrow.

B1G and PAC12 bufoons now infighting over their decisions.

8 husker players filed suit yesterday and the judge is giving the conference til Monday to respond why they can't expedite discovery. In the meantime, they're scrambling to put a season together so they don't have to release documents on the decision making process. I shit you not, their lawyer actually said that making that information public would cause "great harm" to the conference.

The Big10 can play now and have a scapegoat if things go south. On the flipside, if they don't it guarantees a heck of a lot of football fans in swing states vote for him. Bold strategy

Auburn hasn't practiced most of last week bc an outbreak with an entire position group. I don't get why so many are eager to watch a watered down season. Memphis's best player opts out along with UCF's goal line QB. This non stop Big10 media blitz is just red meat for morons that follow Clay Travis.

Auburn hasn't practiced most of last week bc an outbreak with an entire position group. I don't get why so many are eager to watch a watered down season. Memphis's best player opts out along with UCF's goal line QB. This non stop Big10 media blitz is just red meat for morons that follow Clay Travis.

Because some football is better than no football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT