ADVERTISEMENT

How many people do you know who have gotten the Rona?

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
I am interested in seeing how many of you know someone who has been affected. And yes, before the stay-at-home chuds chime in, I realize this isn't scientific and I am not going to say at the end of this: "SEE, IT'S NOTHING!!!" I am genuinely interested...

I know four people:

1. My buddy's wife got it first at the end of March. We were pretty worried because she has fairly bad asthma. She was very sick for two days and then no fever, no symptoms. She still tested positive for it one month after she got it. No one in their house got it, however (my friend or their two kids).
2. Neighbor down the road. He's over 65. Recovered at home.
3. A buddy, early 40s. 10 days out of work, recovered at home.
4. My wife's friend, early 40s. Girl is in some serious shape and does marathons and all that shit. Hospital for a week, no taste, no smell, skin burned, covid fingers and toes--knocked her ass out.

Last edited:
Sorry, most people here don't know anybody that lives in a NYC rest home.

I know 1 person that has tested positive, and she's in Texas. My town of 8,000 supposedly has 33 positive tests, but im willing to bet that there are hundreds that have had it. Myself included.

Don't know any confirmed. Know a few who have questions, including me. I got a strange flu type bug last week of Feb, dry cough, sore throat, elephant standing on upper chest, and moderate temp for a week. 95% it was a strange flu, but was just before any test were available, so who really knows. A week before I got sick I got a hug from a long term customer who had what she thought was a cold, she had just got back from a trip to China... YEAH!!

2 confirmed and one probable (myself). I was not able to get tested despite having a fever of 104 and it being exactly 5 days since I had flown back from Germany and after having visited Spain and Italy.

"If you want a test you can have a test" my ass

No one. And my sister is an ARNP who came into direct contact with a COVID patient during an in house visit due to a disclosure fuk up. She tested negative.

My company has 6,000 people between the US and Canada and 7 total people tested positive.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I talked to a friend a few months ago that I hadn’t seen in 2 years to ask him if he was still giving away his Bowflex machine. He said that he is sick and probably has the Coronavirus, but the hospital didn’t have the test available.

He recently recovered

Otherwise, I know absolutely NO ONE and I work in a field that I should have seen and heard of a lot of cases.

Explanation??

It’s just not that prominent in some counties in Florida. That’s why I wasn’t a fan of extended, strict lockdowns EVERYWHERE

Luckily I don’t know anyone. I posted a few weeks ago that a friends mom passed away after a car accident and it was listed as COVID. She died a little while after the accident (week or two?) and the death was absolutely from complications after the accident. I’ve seen a TON of posts on facebook about people pissed about this exact situation - even people that tested negative! I’m not saying it’s a hoax, not saying it’s not a big deal.... I’m not saying anything like that but I would love to see if we ever get more accurate numbers. It goes both ways, early on there weren’t tests available so people that had it weren’t tested and there are plenty of reports that people are being told to list covid on just about everything.

Luckily I don’t know anyone
Don't know any confirmed
I know 1 person that has tested positive, and she's in Texas.
Looking promising!
usatsi_10511374-2.jpg

No one. I have a coworker who’s father contracted it while in a NJ nursing home. Didn’t make it a week after first symptom. The whole family was exposed between the ride to the hospital and subsequent visits in hospice. It’s an Italian family so that’s a good number of people. None of them contracted the virus.

I am interested in seeing how many of you know someone who has been affected. And yes, before the stay-at-home chuds chime in, I realize this isn't scientific and I am not going to say at the end of this: "SEE, IT'S NOTHING!!!" I am genuinely interested...

I know four people:

1. My buddy's wife got it first at the end of March. We were pretty worried because she has fairly bad asthma. She was very sick for two days and then no fever, no symptoms. She still tested positive for it one month after she got it. No one in their house got it, however (my friend or their two kids).
2. Neighbor down the road. He's over 65. Recovered at home.
3. A buddy, early 40s. 10 days out of work, recovered at home.
4. My wife's friend, early 40s. Girl is in some serious shape and does marathons and all that shit. Hospital for a week, no taste, no smell, skin burned, covid fingers and toes--knocked her ass out.
I like it Joe. The hysteria prevalent from day 1 has people thinking they’ll contract the virus as soon as they step out of their homes. This is a good example of perspective.

Wow. More “No ones” than expected

I bet Shookster and FC know thousands

I know no one that has contracted this virus. The masks and social distancing have been waaaaaay more effective than anyone could have ever imagined.

after this weekend those social distancing karens stopped complaining about protesters and needing to stay home save lives...

Just got an office email saying someone has tested positive, so updating my count to 3.

Yawn. None. Work volume is nearly fully back to normal

Tbh i know friends of friends that i have heard had covid. Aunt works in a hospital and has seen bad cases, yet, most bad cases end in a hospital whereas 90% of cases resolve with rest, tylenol, and gatorade.

i had a really bad sinus infection in february and live outside of atlanta. Maybe i had it, maybe i didnt. Wife had similar and sinus infections usually arent contagious. Am i worried about covid? NO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT