ADVERTISEMENT

How much do we think EDC will affect this week's attendance?

OlearysRosacea

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 4, 2017
I know most people here are old farts, but EDC Orlando is a music festival this weekend that is fairly big all things considered. I know the argument that there is simply too much to do in Orlando on any given weekend is tough to grasp for many, but I imagine this will put a huge dent into the student section at the very least. I'm hoping it's a well attended game but it had just occurred to me that EDC was also Friday and Saturday this week, and that's a big deal to the kids. It's up to the older folks and families to really step it up this weekend.

clip.gif

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Yes Orlando has a lot of entertainment options but the excuses are getting old. This is a Top 10 quality team and the students need to realize the urgency needed to keep this Program at this level long term. You could argue that a Noon Kickoff is the only window that would work assuming they set the alarm clock and get their asses in the Stadium.

No one is showing up to EDC at Noon. Crowds get big 5pm-Midnight. This is not a 3-5 team, it deserves a full student section.

Yes Orlando has a lot of entertainment options but the excuses are getting old. This is a Top 10 quality team and the students need to realize the urgency needed to keep this Program at this level long term. You could argue that a Noon Kickoff is the only window that would work assuming they set the alarm clock and get their asses in the Stadium.

No one is showing up to EDC at Noon. Crowds get big 5pm-Midnight. This is not a 3-5 team, it deserves a full student section.
The problem is that it is a multi-day event, so assuming kids go Friday night no way in hell they wake up for the game let alone tailgating.

It will take away some of the student attendance, for sure.

I know most people here are old farts, but EDC Orlando is a music festival this weekend that is fairly big all things considered. I know the argument that there is simply too much to do in Orlando on any given weekend is tough to grasp for many, but I imagine this will put a huge dent into the student section at the very least. I'm hoping it's a well attended game but it had just occurred to me that EDC was also Friday and Saturday this week, and that's a big deal to the kids. It's up to the older folks and families to really step it up this weekend.
Honestly the line up kind of sucks, only expect it to barely hurt it since its an early game.

Honestly the line up kind of sucks, only expect it to barely hurt it since its an early game.

Disagree and disagree. It's a noon game sure - but I bet you a bunch of people will be watching it online. It's a rave - people aren't even getting to sleep until 4-5am.

Can't harp on the students. They have been showing up all year on average than the non student fans except maybe AP. Nobody as a whole showed up for that one lol.

Disagree and disagree. It's a noon game sure - but I bet you a bunch of people will be watching it online. It's a rave - people aren't even getting to sleep until 4-5am.
last sets all end midnight or earlier. sure some idiots will stay out til 2 at latest, but you wont find any parties in orlando past that really that affect a majority of fans.
PLus the fact they are students, istayed out til 2 downtown, got home 3-4 and got up for 6AM tailgates...i still could and i dont have it in me like i used to...no excuse.

Me too ^. I would have no problem going to the game. I would probably be late into the game tailgating a bit too much but I would never just turn around and not go like a lot do today. Course I was at the citrus bowl where you can buy the $5 beer inside.

last sets all end midnight or earlier. sure some idiots will stay out til 2 at latest, but you wont find any parties in orlando past that really that affect a majority of fans.
PLus the fact they are students, istayed out til 2 downtown, got home 3-4 and got up for 6AM tailgates...i still could and i dont have it in me like i used to...no excuse.

It ends at 12a. The “stuff” in their bloodstream doesn’t end at 12a.

Never heard of any of those bands. Now if Texas Hippie Coalition, Steel Panther, and Zakk Sabbath were playing, I might be interested.

We got on buses at 10am to drive downtown to watch a D1-AA team play in the Citrus Bowl in front of 3,000 AFTER a Friday fraternity party.

2017 students...do better.

In fact the leftover kegs from Friday night made it down to the Citrus Bowl parking lot.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Does Nebraska ever get EDC?
Lincoln, Nebraska or Ames, Iowa doesn't have this option for students. so ofcourse they'll continue to watch bad football in the freezing cold

DOIBhLHX0AApT8g.jpg

any DJ worth seeing isn't till after 5pm. Anyone that shows up to an Electronic Music Festival at Noon is sucking on a Baby Pacifier all day while rolling in the mud.

Reactions: Miltonian
It ends at 12a. The “stuff” in their bloodstream doesn’t end at 12a.
Again, not enough to keep a college student down. If anything, wake up, start all over with drinking and other "activities" nice and early, warm up in the bounce house (which would IMO feel pretty sweet after said acitivities), then head to tinker after.

Lincoln, Nebraska or Ames, Iowa doesn't have this option for students. so ofcourse they'll continue to watch bad football in the freezing cold
Exactly. There's absolutely nothing to do there and it's the only game in town for the past 100 years. That's why they get 80,000 fans to see them lose to Northern Illinois.

So, there will be nothing to do for a young coach, 28 year old wife and young son. People in 2017-8 want to get out and do stuff. That's why more people live in the Greater Orlando metropolitan area than all of Nebraska

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT