ADVERTISEMENT

Human Sexuality

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Rather than respond to a wack-job like Beelit47, here's a new thread with a broader context for discussion for anyone so inclined.

First off, our society has learned more about human sexuality in the past 50 years than in all centuries of mankind combined before then. Back in my college days in the mid-1970s, I can recall a whole bunch of zealots hitting the airways with the notion that homosexuality was A CHOICE and instead of something people of both genders were 'born' with. This worked for them for a few decades of political debate until we learned that human sexuality is a broad spectrum that can range from a person being 'totally heteorsexual with zero same-sex attractions to totally homosexual with zero opposite sex attractions. This troublesome fact tended to shut up all those vocal 'CHOICE' folks when they realized they were 'outting themselves' as being bisexual. Oops. :)

The whole gay marriage thing certainly brought out a whole lot of angst and anxiety across the county. But things actually quieted down once the naysayers realized the civilized world hadn't come to an end once it became legal. Fortunately for them, all this 'trans' business has given them a new lease on life.

I find it interesting that conservatives say they want Government out of their lives -- and yet want to tell the LGBTQ community and pregnant women how they should live their lives. Huh? What's wrong with this picture???!? I find it equally interesting that people of many Christian denominations believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ -- yet become Old Testament 'fire and brimstone' evangelists when it suits them. Huh? What happened to the Golden Rule??!?

I imagine we'll always be confronted by the "crazyhole"s and "beelit47"s of the world who are triggered to spew their hatred towards people who are (supposedly) different from them. I find it ironic that they're the first one's to point at others and call them mental ill.

Last edited:
Rather than respond to a wack-job like Beelit47, here's a new thread with a broader context for discussion for anyone so inclined.

First off, our society has learned more about human sexuality in the past 50 years than in all centuries of mankind combined before then. Back in my college days in the mid-1970s, I can recall a whole bunch of zealots hitting the airways with the notion that homosexuality was A CHOICE and instead of something people of both genders were 'born' with. This worked for them for a few decades of political debate until we learned that human sexuality is a broad spectrum that can range from a person being 'totally heteorsexual with zero same-sex attractions to totally homosexual with zero opposite sex attractions. This troublesome fact tended to shut up all those vocal 'CHOICE' folks when they realized they were 'outting themselves' as being bisexual. Oops. :)

The whole gay marriage thing certainly brought out a whole lot of angst and anxiety across the county. But things actually quieted down once the naysayers realized the civilized world hadn't come to an end once it became legal. Fortunately for them, all this 'trans' business has given them a new lease on life.

I find it interesting that conservatives say they want Government out of their lives -- and yet want to tell the LGBTQ community and pregnant women how they should live their lives. Huh? What's wrong with this picture???!? I find it equally interesting that people of many Christian denominations believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ -- yet become Old Testament 'fire and brimstone' evangelists when it suits them. Huh? What happened to the Golden Rule??!?

I imagine we'll always be confronted by the "crazyhole"s and "beelit47"s of the world who are triggered to spew their hatred towards people who are (supposedly) different from them. I find it ironic that they're the first one's to point at others and call them mental ill.
TL;DR, live and let live. Be proud of your heritage, religion, customs, things that get your rocks off, whatever... Just be humble about it.

Be proud of your heritage, religion, customs, things that get your rocks off, whatever... Just be humble about it.
Why?

My wife and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this fall. Will that be rubbing our heteorsexuality and marital status in other people's faces?

Why?

My wife and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this fall. Will that be rubbing our heteorsexuality and marital status in other people's faces?
Congrats!

No it's not. However, if you buy a few build boards, ask NHL teams to wear 40th anniversary jerseys, plaster over tv commercials including Nickelodeon for kids, arrange for Disney to celebrate for a week, add it to a beer can, then perhaps you've crossed a social decency line.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
Who the hell cares about this shit? I know I don't. Wanna get married? Go ahead. Wanna chop off your pecker and be a woman? God bless. Just leave me the fukc alone.

All I really care about is providing for my family and myself. The rest of this is simply noise to me, quite frankly.

-

However, if you buy a few build boards, ask NHL teams to wear 40th anniversary jerseys, plaster over tv commercials including Nickelodeon for kids, arrange for Disney to celebrate for a week, add it to a beer can, then perhaps you've crossed a social decency line.
Crossed a social decency line? I'm sorry how other people choose to legally live their lives offends you so damn much.

Knighttime Joe and I don't always agree but he's nailed this one. Why do you care?

I find it beyond ironic that the same people who shout to the world they want the government out of their fukcing lives are the same ones who wanted the government to ban gay marriage, require a woman to be carry a pregnancy to term, and fukc with the rights of trans kids.

Crossed a social decency line? I'm sorry how other people choose to legally live their lives offends you so damn much.

Knighttime Joe and I don't always agree but he's nailed this one. Why do you care?

I find it beyond ironic that the same people who shout to the world they want the government out of their fukcing lives are the same ones who wanted the government to ban gay marriage, require a woman to be carry a pregnancy to term, and fukc with the rights of trans kids.
You're a broken record just looking for attention like too many others in society... I'm in the stfu camp and live your life, let others live theirs in peace, which means keep your religion, sex preference, guns, morals, customs, ethnicity, holidays and voting tendencies to yourself. Show respect, earn respect.

When you start messing with beer cans you are crossing a line and you can’t cross back. Remember when Starbucks triggered people with their cups? Effectively cratered the company.

Legality is not the only measure of behavioral acceptance in society.

Disordered, unethical, or immoral behavior never affect just one person.

Who the hell cares about this shit? I know I don't. Wanna get married? Go ahead. Wanna chop off your pecker and be a woman? God bless. Just leave me the fukc alone.

All I really care about is providing for my family and myself. The rest of this is simply noise to me, quite frankly.

-

So you’re saying that transes and married gays should live in caves and not emerge

Emerge, but tone it down a bit.

giphy.gif

I find it interesting that conservatives say they want Government out of their lives -- and yet want to tell the LGBTQ community and pregnant women how they should live their lives.

You paint with a pretty broad brush at times.

I bet if you speak with conservatives, particularly non-evangelicals, you'll find most don't care what LGB people do with their 'personal' lives, however take exception to the expectation of acceptance & participation of personal views & initiatives.

I personally DGAF who gets their rocks off looking at buttholes... But don't expect me to share in your enthusiasm with rainbow hockey jerseys and drag queen strip shows. People reading scripture on the street corner through a blow horn bother me too.

Everyone should strive for the 'Live and Let Live' i.e. 'keep your $hit to yourself' society.

You paint with a pretty broad brush at times.
Shouldn't freedom for all be freedom for all? If you want 'small' government -- one that stays 'out of your life,' why shouldn't that apply to everyone and not just you?
I bet if you speak with conservatives, particularly non-evangelicals, you'll find most don't care what LGB people do with their 'personal' lives, however take exception to the expectation of acceptance & participation of personal views & initiatives.
That sounds fine to me until we get to the part of your post about "expectation of acceptance." A gay couple shouldn't need YOUR acceptance to marry and have kids.
I personally DGAF who gets their rocks off looking at buttholes... But don't expect me to share in your enthusiasm with rainbow hockey jerseys and drag queen strip shows.
No one is expecting you to. On the other hand, we don't need people using the tools of government to prevent others from "living and let live." Conservatives in state government who want to waste public time and money obsessing over drag shows is truly bizarre.
Everyone should strive for the 'Live and Let Live' i.e. 'keep your $hit to yourself' society.
I would agree except I have a sneaking suspicion you and I have different definitions of what 'keeping your sh*t to yourself' means. :)

Last edited:
Shouldn't freedom for all be freedom for all? If you want 'small' government -- one that stays 'out of your life,' why shouldn't that apply to everyone and not just you?

That sounds fine to me until we get to the part of your post about "expectation of acceptance." A gay couple shouldn't need YOUR acceptance to marry and have kids.

No one is expecting you to. On the other hand, we don't need people using the tools of government to prevent others from "living and let live." Conservatives in state government who want to waste public time and money obsessing over drag shows is truly bizarre.

I would agree except I have a sneaking suspicion you and I have different definitions of what 'keeping your sh*t to yourself' means. :)

"No one is expecting you to [accept & participate]" ...you playin'?

I support anyone's right to be who they want to be... my question is, to what extent do I have to participate in your self image?

Last edited:
"No one is expecting you to [accept & participate]" ...you playin'?
Awaress/Support ribbons and other symbols are about as common in our modern sports world as it gets. If your employer (the league or the franchise) wants to show support, it makes sense to play along if you want to stay in their good graces.

I'm guessing some NFL football players weren't thrilled to wear pink-striped uniforms in support for breast cancer awareness but they did. They weren't being asked to make commercial messages, just to wear a special uniform. It wasn't a big deal.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, support for LGBTQ is a civil rights issue. It makes sense for ANY business trying to grow its customer base to make gestures that communicate support for all of their fans. A small patch on Tampa Bay's uniform sleeve seems pretty damn innocuous if you ask me. But stupid A-holes have a right to behave like stupid A-holes. If they want make a public spectacle and cause their franchise and the league embarrassment, looks like they can do that too. Bravo, guys!*

Awaress/Support ribbons and other symbols are about as common in our modern sports world as it gets. If your employer (the league or the franchise) wants to show support, it makes sense to play along if you want to stay in their good graces.

I'm guessing some NFL football players weren't thrilled to wear pink-striped uniforms in support for breast cancer awareness but they did. They weren't being asked to make commercial messages, just to wear a special uniform. It wasn't a big deal.

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, support for LGBTQ is a civil rights issue. It makes sense for ANY business trying to grow its customer base to make gestures that communicate support for all of their fans. A small patch on Tampa Bay's uniform sleeve seems pretty damn innocuous if you ask me. But stupid A-holes have a right to behave like stupid A-holes. If they want make a public spectacle and cause their franchise and the league embarrassment, looks like they can do that too. Bravo, guys!*
This impartial bystander boycotted the NFL when a player knelt.

• Haha
Reactions: NinjaKnight
Be good little employee and toe the line... Got it.
158 years ago, southern plantation owners were whining about having to "toe the line" too.

When it comes to civil rights, there's way too many people who still don't 'get it.' If it's not about their rights, they don't care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT