ADVERTISEMENT

I broke down how Memphis’ offensive strengths attack UCFs defensive weaknesses with analytics/gifs

Good job, champ.

1st and second down will be so critical in this game. If they can force Memphis to pass on third downs they should be successful.

A big question I have is if the defense has finally settled in to Shannon's scheme and that's the reason for recent success. I hope so. I also hope they realized the mistakes they made in the last game and have a plan to adjust. You can't move into a nickel against this type of run team, so I don't know how they could fix the middle of the field against the pass. Maybe more Gilyard.

Good job, champ.

1st and second down will be so critical in this game. If they can force Memphis to pass on third downs they should be successful.

A big question I have is if the defense has finally settled in to Shannon's scheme and that's the reason for recent success. I hope so. I also hope they realized the mistakes they made in the last game and have a plan to adjust. You can't move into a nickel against this type of run team, so I don't know how they could fix the middle of the field against the pass. Maybe more Gilyard.
Agreed... I wrote about 1st and 2nd in the first preview I did for the first game, tried to avoid talking about the same points so I would 100% agree there have to make white beat you in obvious passing downs.

Also agree with you on the nickel... when Memphis rolls out 2 tight ends there is no reason UCF shouldn’t be matching personnel. I’d say throw in SBB for Causey and have SBB cover one of the tes if they split out.
Having Causey in there does no good bc he can’t cover a tight end due to his size and having him in a LB pos presnap is an automatic disadvantage

Reactions: Happy Hands
Agreed... I wrote about 1st and 2nd in the first preview I did for the first game, tried to avoid talking about the same points so I would 100% agree there have to make white beat you in obvious passing downs.

Also agree with you on the nickel... when Memphis rolls out 2 tight ends there is no reason UCF shouldn’t be matching personnel. I’d say throw in SBB for Causey and have SBB cover one of the tes if they split out.
Having Causey in there does no good bc he can’t cover a tight end due to his size and having him in a LB pos presnap is an automatic disadvantage
I could see that as a plan. I wonder how aggressive they will be with sending an extra man on third if the TEs stay put. Not matter what, I think Davis, Conners and Evan's are different players than they were a month ago. I think it is sinking in for Davis and Conners that their UCF days are almost up and they are past the midseason blah.

I could see that as a plan. I wonder how aggressive they will be with sending an extra man on third if the TEs stay put. Not matter what, I think Davis, Conners and Evan's are different players than they were a month ago. I think it is sinking in for Davis and Conners that their UCF days are almost up and they are past the midseason blah.
Connors stood out a lot when I was chatting the USF game, I’m not sure if his stats showed it but he had a really good game

I’ve been waiting in finishing lol. Hit a major wall, probably not my best effort, but I got through all the games so had to do something. But appreciate it !
Your worst efforts are not only better than any taking heads on TV, but virtually anyone doing analytics using FPI and simple math.

Matchups and execution matters most. And you load it all up, end to end.

Excellent analysis. Thank you for your time. You should get an internship with an NFL team, or college team. See how they are approaching analytics, or help a program that has never fully used them to their advantage. Prove your value, learn what helps them, and start your own consulting business. There is a lot of money out there to be had with all the college programs.

Hell, I wonder if sports agencies use analytics with their clients to show their value to potential teams?

Your worst efforts are not only better than any taking heads on TV, but virtually anyone doing analytics using FPI and simple math.

Matchups and execution matters most. And you load it all up, end to end.
Kind of why I want to get into more of this, than that kind of analytics.

Reactions: UCFBS
Excellent analysis. Thank you for your time. You should get an internship with an NFL team, or college team. See how they are approaching analytics, or help a program that has never fully used them to their advantage. Prove your value, learn what helps them, and start your own consulting business. There is a lot of money out there to be had with all the college programs.

Hell, I wonder if sports agencies use analytics with their clients to show their value to potential teams?
That’s the goal, preferably college I just like it so much more than NFL ball. And I’ll agree that there’s a lot of money and it’s poorly spent. These programs hiring guys like Mack Brown because they are “proven” is a joke. Kingsbury and these younger coaches run circles around those guys and it shows. We don’t exactly know how Heupel is going to turn out, but it was at least an innovative hire just as Frost was.

And I work well worked now that the season is over for PFF and I know they have NCAA teams as clients and worked for a company stats last year who also has teams and they definitely touch on a lot of the stuff I mention, but I think I go a little further than they do (I got a lot of what i do from combining what they both do) and if you guys like the NFL and like this kind of stuff you should follow Warren sharp on Twitter he was kind of the whole reason I started doing this

Reactions: Knight Strength
@Money_Milton Great write-up!

It looks like your website has been hacked or someone has guessed your login. There are several spam nonsense articles posted after the analysis.

http://power6analytics.com/abortion-advent-part-of-your-essay-13/

http://power6analytics.com/the-secrets-of-optimal-choice-cbd-revealed-40/

http://power6analytics.com/this-author-wordpress-style-is-most-suitable-for/
Thanks !

I know I’ve been deleting them as much as I can I have to pay for some spam protection just haven’t gotten around to it lol

Kind of why I want to get into more of this, than that kind of analytics.
I'm sure it takes you a long time without more automated data to input into tools as well -- especially feeding in the per-play setup and results.

I'm sure it takes you a long time without more automated data to input into tools as well -- especially feeding in the per-play setup and results.
It takes me about 5 and a half hours to chart the whole Game (off and def) about an hour and a half to put tables together and look for trends in excel and about an hour to write with about an hour and a half of procrastination thrown in there haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT