ADVERTISEMENT

I can tell you that Danny White and Dr. Hitt are not happy with Frost

Mikesi

Diamond Knight
Oct 17, 2013
They cannot be happy with Frost stealing 2 recruits, all the coaches and some support staff

If we lose to Auburn, they may throw a few digs in some way and tell him to hit the road and he’s not welcome back. That they didn’t appreciate his actions.

If we lose to Auburn, they may throw a few digs in some way and tell him to hit the road and he’s not welcome back. That they didn’t appreciate his actions.

Even if we win, come Jan 2nd it is #ScottZFG. Make no mistake DW did what was best for the players in terms of giving them their best shot at a win and that is where this ends. Beyond that he is the most 2 faced, disingenuous, conniving POS that only cares about himself going forward and doesn't give 2 shits about the state of UCF football beyond Jan 1. I think the players are very aware of this and hopefully buy into and rally behind CJH immediately following the bowl. And it would be outstanding to have DW interviewed by the national media to set the record straight on how crappy CSFs departure really was.

Even if we win, come Jan 2nd it is #ScottZFG. Make no mistake DW did what was best for the players in terms of giving them their best shot at a win and that is where this ends. Beyond that he is the most 2 faced, disingenuous, conniving POS that only cares about himself going forward and doesn't give 2 shits about the state of UCF football beyond Jan 1. I think the players are very aware of this and hopefully buy into and rally behind CJH immediately following the bowl. And it would be outstanding to have DW interviewed by the national media to set the record straight on how crappy CSFs departure really was.
I really do believe this and hope Danny White is true to form and takes the high road with some subtleties against the way Frost handled this. I also hope that Heupel is a hit when interviewed and I hope he gets into the ESPN broadcasters box. That would be huge. This is a huge stage and it’s his chance to shine and even overshadow Frost in some ways as Frost will be busy coaching.

They cannot be happy with Frost stealing 2 recruits, all the coaches and some support staff

I don't think it is a surprise that he took the whole staff with him. That's just part of the business. Poaching recruits is a different story. Frost should have the professionalism to not touch recruits thst were already committed to us. Now in some of these cases maybe the kids wanted to follow him. We are not privy to all the communications so all we are doing is speculating. Recruiting is a nasty business and sometimes you just have to frown upon certain things and move on. We're not unique in having recruits poached by a coach that leaves.

At this point, you just put your trust in the new staff to pull in some additional guys.

Reactions: knightraveler
1. Most of the staff Frost took with him, he had hired through ties he made over many years.
2. Losing a couple of 3-star shouldn't cripple our program.

SF - He gone. Enjoy the bowl and let it go...give the next staff your support by being patient.
I don't think it is a surprise that he took the whole staff with him. That's just part of the business. Poaching recruits is a different story. Frost should have the professionalism to not touch recruits thst were already committed to us. Now in some of these cases maybe the kids wanted to follow him. We are not privy to all the communications so all we are doing is speculating. Recruiting is a nasty business and sometimes you just have to frown upon certain things and move on. We're not unique in having recruits poached by a coach that leaves.

At this point, you just put your trust in the new staff to pull in some additional guys.
That’s all cool, but I don’t have to like it. The recruiting part and the Tweet “likes” didn’t sit well with a lot of fans.

The difference between DW and the typical fan site poster is that DW understands how the game is played and he appreciates the effort that frost put in for the program. I can guarantee you that while DW may be upset that he lost a head coach, he isn't mad about losing recruits to that coach and he is definitely not as vindictive as most of the people here are.

The difference between DW and the typical fan site poster is that DW understands how the game is played and he appreciates the effort that frost put in for the program. I can guarantee you that while DW may be upset that he lost a head coach, he isn't mad about losing recruits to that coach and he is definitely not as vindictive as most of the people here are.
If he was vindictive about this stuff, he couldn't then objectively do his job. He'd be stuck dealing with the past, and the present. Thankfully, he seems to always be focused on now and the future, and not the past. That is good, sound leadership. As they say, adapt or die.

Reactions: leodisflowers
PS, I don't think White should say anything except perhaps that it wasn't handled as well as the press thinks it was. He doesn't need to tarnish his good image taring the poop from Nebraska.

Reactions: Mikesi
Beyond that he is the most 2 faced, disingenuous, conniving POS that only cares about himself going forward and doesn't give 2 shits about the state of UCF football beyond Jan 1.

Jimbo Fisher says hi

I may be speculating, but you certainly are as well. Again, upset/not happy and vindictive are 2 different things

The OP stated that DW may get a few digs in. He won't, because he isn't vindictive. He appreciates what frost brought to the program and wishes him the best. If he did, he would be putting himself in a position where coaches may think twice about working for him. Clearly he is smarter than that and is handling the situation in a classy and professional manner. He understands exactyy what frost leaving means in all areas including recruiting.

Honestly DW is focused on the future right now. If the players Frost flip truly didn’t have there hearts into UCF it’s probably for the best. Let Heup get his own guys for his own system.

Lol you sir an idiot. My one and only post.

Your new coach gave even less notice he was leaving, how do you feel about that? how do you think he should be treated seeing how he left his Missouri recruits and team?

So easy to throw stones at one guy while whitholding the biggest for the ones truly deserving

@Mikesi So now you want to believe everything being "reported" previously this was not the case.

Lets pretend beckton was offered 350k what would make one of the guys who said they "hate" the cold move? clearly heuples offense is going a different direction and it was not going to advance him at all. He is comfortable in Frost's system and was getting a real raise. Gas is cheaper than Electricity. Putting clothes on is easier than trying to walk naked to cool off. The offense you know is not going to be there next year. I fear for UCF i really do because of Frost i am a true fan, i wont claim to have any part of their success regardless of who is there because i had no part in raising current, past coaches. Quit with the double standards. Heuple couldnt possibly bring a whole staff to the AAC even if he was HC at a p5, it just doesnt flow that direction! Stepping backwards isnt something you do as a staff unless you are fired, even then it is rare. Look at our previous coaches... none of them brought their entire staff and none have been offered a promotion to a P5 gig. Such is life but Heuple recruited kids to Missouri to play in his style of offense and now is not lthere anymore ... but there is no outrage from UCF for this he left with NO warning. UCF had friggin 2.5 months of warning for cryin out loud!

Last edited:
Reactions: GILL T
Your new coach gave even less notice he was leaving, how do you feel about that? how do you think he should be treated seeing how he left his Missouri recruits and team?

So easy to throw stones at one guy while whitholding the biggest for the ones truly deserving
It’s not the same. One is a head coach and one is an offensive coordinator. Additionally, Heupel grabbbed one coach. Frost grabbed 9 and support staff that he didn’t even bring
In. Not a good comparison

It’s not the same. One is a head coach and one is an offensive coordinator. Additionally, Heupel grabbbed one coach. Frost grabbed 9 and support staff that he didn’t even bring
In. Not a good comparison
So you think Frost should have said screw you, if you dont get hired on by the new coach and you dont get promoted you have no place in my staff even though you helped me achieve everything we had at UCF??

Get real.

So you think Frost should have said screw you, if you dont get hired on by the new coach and you dont get promoted you have no place in my staff even though you helped me achieve everything we had at UCF??

Get real.
Once again, you don’t have the facts. Beckton at least was going to be retained and didn’t get promoted as part of Nebraska’s new staff. Additionally, the timing was crappy.
Reports state that guys left and were recruiting even before the AAC championship game on UCFs dollar.

DW made a decision when he hired SF, that potential long term UCF upside was greater than the downside of SF leaving, taking all coaches, flipping recruits within 2 years. Despite all the serious SF BS over last few weeks, going 12-0 into Peach and giving #18 the chance to shine on a National stage tells me DW’s initial calculus was 100% correct.

If DW takes any digs at SF, he will look weak and petty. You want to sell your program as being elite and attractive to the nation, you don't do it by acting like some scorned lover. Sends a terrible message to the current staff, and any prospective staff in the future.

Reactions: Knightlighttight
There are some truths in this world. The sun will always rise in the east. Black and gold are the two best colors and Danny White does not seem to be a bridge burner ,but a bridge builder.

You all know if the Heupe lives up to it , we will be needing a new coach in 4-5 years which could be the time Nebraska chews up Frost and spits him out. Most, if not all of us would want Frosty to come home again to this place. And, y'all know it too.

DW will lead us to the promised land. With or without JH (hopefully with) JH has to prove himself, DW already has.

DW is going to take the high road. He may say it didn't happen they way it was portrayed but thats it. He is not going to take digs at Frost or Nebraska. It doesn't help him obtain his goals for this program and he is a very calculated guy.

Happy or not Frost has connected Nebraska with UCF. Their will be some common bond regardless. At least we existed first.

the Cornhusker fans' will keep visiting and bothering us like a little brother...thats it!

From now on we should call Scott Frost's Nebraska Cornhuskers "little brother".

As much as im selfishly mad SF left, I’m happy with where he has left this program. He brought in or inspires talent and led this team to a level I didn’t think possible at the beginning of the season.

As to how he left not sure if I’d welcome him back if that ever came to pass.

I’m also interested to see how SF does at Nebraska and how CJH does here. If CJH is consistently able to get us to major bowls it would make me wonder if we over valued GOL.

I like calling them little brother...when they come whining back.
So if you are big brother, and your parents wronged both you and your little brother, but he was too little to remember, and they call little brother back ... wouldn't you still welcome him back, after they wrong him again, knowing he had 'learned his lesson'?

Unless Frost always has 10+ win seasons, with at least a marque win against Michigan, Ohio State or whomever is tops that season, I think Nebraska will wrong Frost at some point. That when we welcome him back and say, "We understand why you wanted to try to please them at least once. And now you know why."

That's how we should approach this. Being an overbearing 'big brother' does nothing.

So if you are big brother, and your parents wronged both you and your little brother, but he was too little to remember, and they call little brother back ... wouldn't you still welcome him back, after they wrong him again, knowing he had 'learned his lesson'?

Unless Frost always has 10+ win seasons, with at least a marque win against Michigan, Ohio State or whomever is tops that season, I think Nebraska will wrong Frost at some point. That when we welcome him back and say, "We understand why you wanted to try to please them at least once. And now you know why."

That's how we should approach this. Being an overbearing 'big brother' does nothing.
What?

Nebraska trolls hijack our board and we're the overbearing brother?
Go back to the Water Cooler and work your Medved schtick.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
This is how it works @UCFBS . Nebraska trolls visit our boards again.
What is it that little brother wants?
Frost having difficulty winning at Nebraska.
Poor little brother struggling in the real world.
Frost and Nebraska doing ok.
Way to go little brother!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT