ADVERTISEMENT

I come in peace looking for opinions

What you have to remember is that this is the BCS 2.0

Utah threatened an antitrust lawsuit against the BCS, they laid out the cards for the basis of it. When they created the Invitational, they worked around all of those.

I'm not sure, what legal action could be taken. The truth is, all the conferences signed up for this BS. Most of the G5 didn't like it, but they also couldn't afford to not take the bribe.

Aresco could have not signed on, but where would we be now? The "playoff" would still be happening. UCF and Houston wouldn't have played in NY6 bowl games. The would be G4 would all split the $$$ we turned away.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Houston is a mystery as they came from the old SWC same as SMU and the SEC was/is considered a power conference. USF came from the BE and they were a P5 conference.

Navy always plays P5 teams on a regular basis, the AAC has just as much right to be a part of the Power conferences. the problem is ESPN Mouth breather Klatt can get away with saying G5 teams have no right to play in the CFB playoffs.

Boise State also threatened taking it to congress. this is my thoughts that the Conference Commissioners of every G5 takes the CFB Committee to court and get Congress in involved,

Houston is a mystery as they came from the old SWC same as SMU and the SEC was/is considered a power conference. USF came from the BE and they were a P5 conference.

Navy always plays P5 teams on a regular basis, the AAC has just as much right to be a part of the Power conferences. the problem is ESPN Mouth breather Klatt can get away with saying G5 teams have no right to play in the CFB playoffs.

Boise State also threatened taking it to congress. this is my thoughts that the Conference Commissioners of every G5 takes the CFB Committee to court and get Congress in involved,

The "system" is definitely crooked, the problem is the G5 conference commissioners are all accomplices.

I just don't know where you get or what congress could possibly do.

Could a WWE wrestler sue the WWE because he wasn't scripted a title shot?

No.

Just like the wrestler, our only recourse is to get the public behind us. PR is the only weapon left for the G5.

how many of you feel it will take a act of Congress for UCF or any so called G-5 team to make the CFB playoffs?
Just FYI, we've had a lot of people "come in peace" lately that were actually trolls.

Don't be surprised if UCF fans are a little prickly with outsiders these days...

Just FYI, we've had a lot of people "come in peace" lately that were actually trolls.

Don't be surprised if UCF fans are a little prickly with outsiders these days...
nah UCF Honors and I get along and I agree that UCF is getting screwed in the polls so they will never get a shot at the CFB playoff.

Reactions: UCFhonors
maybe but Congress controls the purse strings on every finecial aid package out there.

student loans, pell grants just to name a couple. pull those then let these school find the money to support the student body as a whole..

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
maybe but Congress controls the purse strings on every finecial aid package out there.

student loans, pell grants just to name a couple. pull those then let these school find the money to support the student body as a whole..

Congress is never going to entertain the idea of doing any of that over football games.

Congress is never going to entertain the idea of doing any of that over football games.
they did when Boise State screamed bloody murder. their State representives got involved and were about to intro a bill about this very thing, get enough state legislative people involved and that will shake up a lot of these people. these schools are listed as Tax Exempt and if Congress were to revoke that status that would put a major hurt on all the P5 teams.

so yes Congress can and does have the power to stop this discrimination

Could a WWE wrestler sue the WWE because he wasn't scripted a title shot?

Not a very good comparison. The WWE are professional entertainers/athletes. The P5 cartel are using NCAA athletes to produce a multibillion dollar industry where the athletes do not receive money, goods or services. At the very least all D1 teams deserve a shot to play for a legit championship.

Not a very good comparison. The WWE are professional entertainers/athletes. The P5 cartel are using NCAA athletes to produce a multibillion dollar industry where the athletes do not receive money, goods or services. At the very least all D1 teams deserve a shot to play for a legit championship.
It's actually a very good comparison. The universities are the wrestlers, the conferences are the agents, and BCS LLC is the WWE.

The WWE says look, we're going to do a WrestleMania annually with a 4-way match for the championship.

We're going to cut you a $1M check every year. If we ask you to wrestle for the belt or the undercard, we'll give you $3m more.

Or you could get nothing annually and try to draw a crowd at state fairs.

Once you agree to take that $1M and you've taken that $3M a few years, in what legal basis can you sue the WWE for not putting you in the match for the belt?

What you have to remember is that this is the BCS 2.0

Utah threatened an antitrust lawsuit against the BCS, they laid out the cards for the basis of it. When they created the Invitational, they worked around all of those.

I'm not sure, what legal action could be taken. The truth is, all the conferences signed up for this BS. Most of the G5 didn't like it, but they also couldn't afford to not take the bribe.

Aresco could have not signed on, but where would we be now? The "playoff" would still be happening. UCF and Houston wouldn't have played in NY6 bowl games. The would be G4 would all split the $$$ we turned away.

I’m not so sure all conferences signed up for “this.” The commissioners were induced into signing on based upon the representation that every team had a chance at the playoffs. Now it appears that non so called P-5 teams don’t have a meaningful opportunity to participate in the playoffs as the CFP committee keeps moving the goal posts for non P-5 teams. There might be an argument for fraud in the inducement as a result, setting aside the contract and allowing a suit to proceed under an antitrust theory.

It's actually a very good comparison. The universities are the wrestlers, the conferences are the agents, and BCS LLC is the WWE.
Not a great comparison. Wrestling involves professional actors and is supposed to be fake. College football involves public universities and is supposed to be real.

Just the threat of a lawsuit or legislation is noise that the CFP doesn't want. That doesn't mean that they'll back down immediately, but they would if you did it right.

A path that has been used in the past is that most college football programs are public universities. It's not that difficult to get a politician to look into why one state university is preventing another from getting more money and publicity.

I’m not so sure all conferences signed up for “this.” The commissioners were induced into signing on based upon the representation that every team had a chance at the playoffs. Now it appears that non so called P-5 teams don’t have a meaningful opportunity to participate in the playoffs as the CFP committee keeps moving the goal posts for non P-5 teams. There might be an argument for fraud in the inducement as a result, setting aside the contract and allowing a suit to proceed under an antitrust theory.
It would be tough to prove the G5 don't have a shot, which is why there are no ballots, no record of any kind of what goes on in the committee room.

Not a great comparison. Wrestling involves professional actors and is supposed to be fake. College football involves public universities and is supposed to be real.

You're really hung up on this amateur thing. That doesn't matter at all. That's an issue between the players and the universities.

This is strictly between BCS llc, the conferences, and maybe the individual universities.

If you don't like the WWE, make it UFC, still the same thing.

It would be tough to prove the G5 don't have a shot, which is why there are no ballots, no record of any kind of what goes on in the committee room.

Agreed it would be tough to prove, however, the committee mouthpieces have made statements that appear to be changing the criteria for inclusion an in each instance it appears to disadvantage any non P-5 team. That establishes a track record of subjective decisions that favor P-5 teams. The jury, if in fact the suit got past the pleading stages, would be the ultimate arbiter of facts.

the best rule that should be installed is that a team has to win their division at the least to eligible. Alabama has failed to do this twice and ended up winning the title.

the same thing happened with OSU didn't win their division and still played in the CFB Playoff.

how can a team be named the National champion when they can't even win their Division.

this is the way to prove collusion to keep the G5 teams out.

We're going to cut you a $1M check every year. If we ask you to wrestle for the belt or the undercard, we'll give you $3m more
In the Attitude era, the G5 teams would be defending the Hardcore belt with 24/7 rules. They got something to do, but theyre still a joke.

The fact that a team that didn't win their division got in and won the championship means they will never NOT consider a team that didn't win their division.
no it means the P5 will get picked over a undefeated G5 team every time.

this is my problem with how its set up now. giving so called P5 Team preferential treatment. but then that is just my IMHO

no it means the P5 will get picked over a undefeated G5 team every time.

this is my problem with how its set up now. giving so called P5 Team preferential treatment. but then that is just my IMHO

????

These non-division winners have gotten in over P5 Conference champs 3 times. It has nothing to do with G5 teams.

The WWE says look, we're going to do a WrestleMania annually with a 4-way match for the championship.

We're going to cut you a $1M check every year. If we ask you to wrestle for the belt or the undercard, we'll give you $3m more.

Or you could get nothing annually and try to draw a crowd at state fairs.

Once you agree to take that $1M and you've taken that $3M a few years, in what legal basis can you sue the WWE for not putting you in the match for the belt?
you do realize the WWE is fake and for entertainment only. also its main events are pay per view only. in my opinion the old WWF was more entertaing and fun to watch. since the WWE took over I quit watching.

how many of you feel it will take a act of Congress for UCF or any so called G-5 team to make the CFB playoffs?
Not an Act of Congress, just the US DoJ (like TCU) or at least the Florida AG (like Utah).

I don't see the latter happening, with Florida, FSU and Miami 'influence,' unlike in Utah's case.
But the former could really happen at some point ... if Sessions (Alabama) is removed.

the best rule that should be installed is that a team has to win their division at the least to eligible. Alabama has failed to do this twice and ended up winning the title.

the same thing happened with OSU didn't win their division and still played in the CFB Playoff.

how can a team be named the National champion when they can't even win their Division.

this is the way to prove collusion to keep the G5 teams out.

you do realize the WWE is fake and for entertainment only. also its main events are pay per view only. in my opinion the old WWF was more entertaing and fun to watch. since the WWE took over I quit watching.

Like I said, replace WWE with UFC if you are looking for absolute accuracy. I used WWE for theatrics, plus it's kind of unfair to paint the UFC as corrupt as the CFP.

Reactions: UCFBS
to respond to some of this. there are 65 teams in other states that can get this started, but here is a interesting thought
lets say for insance one of the service academy's were to go undefeated and were jumped by a 1 loss non division winner.

do you think that congress wouldn't get involved?
Army is a Independent and is 7-2
Navy play some pretty solid teams is 2-7
US Air Force is in the MWC and Utah ST is ranked #14 @ 8-1 and Fresno State is # 16 @ 8-1

to say the G5 does not deserve a shot at the CFB Playoff is flat out wrong

every conference has their weak teams that the conference Champion feast on every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT