ADVERTISEMENT

I find it hilarious when fans of P5 schools say that 30 teams playing our schedule would go 22-0

I'd argue it comes from a combo of ignorance and arrogance. I think some of the top P5 teams would have a higher percentage chance of going undefeated with our schedule. But I also think those fans don't really follow G5 teams aside from the sacrificial cupcakes they stomp yearly, and teams like last year's Memphis or USF would give any P5 team a run for their money.

The real question is could those P5 teams do it with our TV money, a G5 recruiting tag and resources? The real answer is probably not. Now could UCF compete in say the ACC with more TV money and a P5 recruiting tag. We could compete this year without the P5 tag or the money. It is apples to oranges they are comparing not apples to apples like. UF vs Bama.

Why isn't Boise or Utah State or Troy winning 22 games in a row if it is so easy?

Reactions: Mikesi
The real question is could those P5 teams do it with our TV money, a G5 recruiting tag and resources?

It amazes me how little people are aware of the money side to this argument. They just picture Bama, how it is today, and Tua throwing TDs at will against whatever random G5 school they can imagine.

The most laughable argument is the Vandy topic. That one might be the most egregious. Vandy has been over .500 a whopping 4 times in the last 40 YEARS, and in each of those seasons they've had losses of 4, 4, 6, and 4. That argument speaks volumes to the blindness of G5 detractors.

Reactions: Mikesi
I would add Rutgers to the mix. Rutgers would not be competitive in the American right here, right now. The bottom dwellers of the BIg 12 would struggle beating members of the American. The P5 G5 is circular logic. They declare themselves as P5, they get money because they are P5, so because they play P5 they are clearly better and because they are better they get money. Because G5 doesn't get money well it's because they are worse and round and round it goes.

The truth is they know a legitimate 16 team playoff with automatic bids for all conference champions and 6 at large bids for top ranked non champions scares the crap out of them because in years like this year and last year teams like UCF can compete and win. A legitimate playoff exposes them to the sham this P5 G5 arbitrary divide truly is.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I'd settle for a Committee that represents ALL of the FBS schools, not just the Power 5 conferences. Why does no one talk about that? One AD from every conference, an independent AD and 2 at larges.

Reactions: UCFhonors
As long as the talking heads give UCF a hard time about the schedule the comments will not go away anytime soon. Watching the Buffalo game last night they had a commercial promoting the game this weekend. The announcer said, UCF 2017 National Champions " Wink, Wink" :sunglasses:

I'm so sick of hearing all this. Perhaps we counter with any of the teams in the power 5 have a higher chance of players getting arrested or having their coach be suspended and being a distraction? Or maybe that are players are smart as evidenced by their GPA and graduation rate and that's why were are so successful? I'm so sick of hearing that their stuff don't stink! BTW, why do they keep stealing our coaches if they're so good????

"Or maybe that are players are smart as evidenced by their GPA and graduation rate andthat's whywere are so successful?"

Hashtag couldnt have said it better myself.

The real question is could those P5 teams do it with our TV money, a G5 recruiting tag and resources? The real answer is probably not. Now could UCF compete in say the ACC with more TV money and a P5 recruiting tag. We could compete this year without the P5 tag or the money. It is apples to oranges they are comparing not apples to apples like. UF vs Bama.
Hey! You're back dude :)

You just can't underestimate the resource disparity.....this post all day long

even some of these Power 5 Programs don't stand up for themselves on at least getting a shot in a real postseason format, guess they are entertained watching Clemson & Bama be in the same spot every year for the next decade

I'd like to know the last time a G5 team won 20 in a row.
Bama won 26 in a row in 2015-2016.
FSU won 29 in 2012-2014.
Miami won 34 in 2000-2003.
That's it for streaks of at least 25 since 2000. I can't seem to find any further info for streaks shorter than 25.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT