ADVERTISEMENT

I got to storm the court and was on TV!!!!

Illinois fans are laughing at the storming of the court. They don't realize it had little to do with the opponent and more to do with heading to NY for the NIT final 4. Illinois State and Cincinnati were better wins, and this wasn't even an upset based on UCF being 4 point favorites. The excitement was in the fact that UCF has never made it the far in a postseason tournament. We would have stormed with a win over any opponent.

Illinois fans are laughing at the storming of the court. They don't realize it had little to do with the opponent and more to do with heading to NY for the NIT final 4. Illinois State and Cincinnati were better wins, and this wasn't even an upset based on UCF being 4 point favorites. The excitement was in the fact that UCF has never made it the far in a postseason tournament. We would have stormed with a win over any opponent.
Yea thats a guarantee, it was more about the excitement and the atmosphere and nothing to do with Illinois. I even saw an Illinois fan down there. Everyone wanted to be a part of the celebration!

Noooooooooooooo
Finally smoked you out on this, Storm. Of course, you are correct. This was more a "Hooray for Us" coming out moment on national prime-time TV. The Cincinnati win was strictly about beating a ranked team for the first time in 6 years as well as finally gaining AAC credibility.

You're not an idiot. You've seen a lot of ups and downs and I admire your passion. Maybe one day you'll be hugging Frost.
The PA announcer cautioned fans that security would step in on anyone whose behavior exceed acceptable bounds.

Is there a fine the school gets for storming the court? I know for football its expensive and we will never be able to do it again. But seems like b-ball it happens more often.

A major game this season had it's outcome reversed when premature storming resulted in a foul being assessed and free throws shot.

Is there a fine the school gets for storming the court? I know for football its expensive and we will never be able to do it again. But seems like b-ball it happens more often.
I'm still wondering why we don't storm baseball and softball? if we ever win our regional and qualify for the CWS are people going to storm the diamond?

I'm still wondering why we don't storm baseball and softball? if we ever win our regional and qualify for the CWS are people going to storm the diamond?
Whatever happened to the "cutting down the net" ritual? And then some player wearing it around his neck.

Illinois fans are laughing at the storming of the court.

And then they see this: "The Knights don’t even have a full allotment of scholarships, have about half the budget of Illinois and don’t even charter flights like many teams do in their own conference."

Reactions: UCFProf
And then they see this: "The Knights don’t even have a full allotment of scholarships, have about half the budget of Illinois and don’t even charter flights like many teams do in their own conference."
That ain't even the half of it, though! U. of Illinois' $80+ million athletic budget, though only half of Ohio St. and Michigan's, gets a 5% subsidy from student athletic fees ($74/student each year). UCF's (and USF's) is well over 40% subsidized by student fees (over $400+ /year for students)! UF students pay even less than Illinois while FSU students fund 12% of the athletic budget. In other words, Illinois' athletic revenue is nearly four-times ours. Much higher ticket prices and much bigger stadium and arena attendance. Yet we ran the Illinois off the floor in the first half with basically 5 guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT