ADVERTISEMENT

I HATE s. florida

You cows better enjoy 5-2 or 6-2, because if you can get past this year, I strongly believe that this rivalry is going to take a turn against you for many years. Just stop ducking playing us in years that we have been good. Like 2010 and 2012. Those would have been UCF wins.

Wasn't UCiF pretty good when they lost 64-12?

Yes and you ducked us when we were decent and you guys sucked. Part of the reason it's 2-5.

So what you are saying is that IF we played in those years you guys would have won? Do you have any other IF wins? What about IF you guys played Bama in those years? Ohio State? Or do you just dream about beating USF?

So what you are saying is that IF we played in those years you guys would have won? Do you have any other IF wins? What about IF you guys played Bama in those years? Ohio State? Or do you just dream about beating USF?
No., what I'm basically saying is that USF ducked us for so many years that to brag about a better record with a sample size of 7-8 games is lame.

Ok.., we have won 2 out of the last 3,
Since the series started again.

Obviously, USF doesn't offer any very good classes in statistics, and if you took one, you didn't do very well.

Ugh.., do I dream about beating USF??? No..,, I dream about losing to USF. WTF??? How stupid is that talk.

You do realize that of Temple wins today, then you will have 0 conference championships in your entire history.

This will be the first time ever that you may get 10 wins. If you beat us or a bowl win. Ever!

There has never been a USF football team that has ended a season ranked.
Ever!

Come back to this board after you have any accolades worth even showing your face for. Right now you have none.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Lol, saw these this morning.

"I don't always talk to a USF grad, but when I do I ask for large fries".

How do you get a USF grad off your porch? Pay him for the pizza.

I don't get why everyone hates USF grads, who else is going to drive our shuttle buses.

USF Geography Lesson: Tampa = South Florida ???

geography.png

You do realize that of Temple wins today, then you will have 0 conference championships in your entire history.

This will be the first time ever that you may get 10 wins. If you beat us or a bowl win. Ever!

There has never been a USF football team that has ended a season ranked.
Ever!

Come back to this board after you have any accolades worth even showing your face for. Right now you have none.
Your wrong about that. We have finished the season ranked.

The state got every other university named right. That's a pretty good percentage.

Wasn't UCiF pretty good when they lost 64-12?

You've got it all backwards. UCiF is a myth. You see, we've got the trophies to prove it. Now USiF is another matter. As in:

"if USF could ever win a trophy"
"if USF could have made it to a BCS game"
"if USF earned their way up through the college football system instead of buying their way in".
"if USF could stop stealing other school's traditions, like the Longhorn's hand gesture"
"if anyone in Tampa gave a rip about USF you might have your own stadium"
"if USF graduated anyone that knew how to spell, your presentation to the BIG 12 wouldn't have been such a laughing stock"

USF blew it This was their year with Mack and Flowers. The Temple loss and mediocre showing at home against FSU cost them an access bowl and top 10-15 ranking. Mack will probably leave, Adams is graduating, so next year it will be all on Flowers shoulders.

USF blew it This was their year with Mack and Flowers. The Temple loss and mediocre showing at home against FSU cost them an access bowl and top 10-15 ranking. Mack will probably leave, Adams is graduating, so next year it will be all on Flowers shoulders.
Unless Flowers decides to go into the NFL draft and/or their coach gets an offer.

Their greatest achievement is their record in an 8 game series with their rival. Their 2nd greatest achievement is coming in 2nd in the division of the conference we have already won twice. Congrats.

Our greatest achievements are winning a BCS Bowl game. Finishing a season in the Top 10. Winning multiple conference championships in multiple conferences. Having a Top 3 NFL draft pick.

But hey, congrats on having a winning record against a team that has actually accomplished something.

It was not an 8 game series. It was a series of drubbing by USF under Jim Leavitt a decade ago, a cowardly refusal to play us once we became good again, and an even record the past 4 years once USF was forced to play us in the conference.

Their greatest achievement is their record in an 8 game series with their rival. Their 2nd greatest achievement is coming in 2nd in the division of the conference we have already won twice. Congrats.

Our greatest achievements are winning a BCS Bowl game. Finishing a season in the Top 10. Winning multiple conference championships in multiple conferences. Having a Top 3 NFL draft pick.

But hey, congrats on having a winning record against a team that has actually accomplished something.
2-6

Keep clinging to the past bruh. USF just beat y'all again. Act like it doesn't matter, but I know it stings [laughing]

USF fans are very disappointed. But they can always come here and have something to brag about. They can't go anywhere else though...

Does anyone know off the top of their heads what the record in the Michigan v Michigan ST rivalry is? How about Stanford v Cal? Oklahoma v Oklahoma St? Besides their fan bases?

No, no one does. We know who "little brother" is based on which side of the rivalry hasn't won championships.

Enjoy every second of it. You deserve it. But know you're nothing more than the team that beat a team that has actually accomplished something outside of the rivalry.

If you are intent on being "big brother", there's this way of looking at it...

You're the big brother who accomplished nothing who still brags that you can beat your little brother who has already lived out all of your dreams.

8 games isn't a very good rivalry. Especially with a 4 year break or whatever it was. We can say we are 2-2 in the last 4 games. Who's to say that we wouldn't be 3-1 in those dodged years and looking at 5-7 going forward.

8 games isn't a very good rivalry. Especially with a 4 year break or whatever it was. We can say we are 2-2 in the last 4 games. Who's to say that we wouldn't be 3-1 in those dodged years and looking at 5-7 going forward.
USF prez blocked us from getting into the Big East and ended our series, then pretended to be all nice when their premier conference fell apart and they needed us. It was so sweet revenge to see her discomfort as UCF blew out their favored basketball team at the dedication of USF's refurbished arena a few years ago. Sleazy ex-politician university presidents are what Florida specializes in. This state's always been dead last in per capital funding of higher ed, universities per capita, class size, you name it. Move over Arkansas and W. Virginia -- we got ya beat.

Reactions: UCFProud
I appreciate a good story that has no basis for fact.

UCF dates
1979-2006

Come on guys give USF their due. They have no other place that they can go where anyone will pay any attention to them. Our board is the only place where they can claim an "accomplishment" . 6-2 is as good as it gets for USF apparently. Oh, and #2 for a week 9 years ago.

Current sport comparisons for 2016-2017:
Men's Soccer: USF
Football: USF
Women's Volleyball: UCF
Men's Basketball: TBD
Women's Soccer: USF
Women's Softball: TBD

Your wrong about that. We have finished the season ranked.
Technically, you lost your bowl game and were not ranked in the FINAL poll (which is the only one that counts). However, you can add the regular season ranking accomplishment to your #2 for 7 days one if that makes you feel better.

Technically, you lost your bowl game and were not ranked in the FINAL poll (which is the only one that counts). However, you can add the regular season ranking accomplishment to your #2 for 7 days one if that makes you feel better.
I think he means this year. USF must win their bowl game to be ranked. It's a similar situation to UCF in 2010

I think he means this year. USF must win their bowl game to be ranked. It's a similar situation to UCF in 2010
Actually he was replying to your comment about how no USF team has finished the season ranked ever (which is true). He was saying they did finish the season ranked. While they did finish the regular season ranked, they played Oregon (I believe) in their bowl game and lost and were not ranked at the end of the season in the final poll, which is all that matters. Therefore your statement is still 100% correct.

While this year, they will probably be ranked in the playoff poll (which is all that matters right now) going into their bowl game and must win to remained ranked, but they still yet to finish a season ranked in the final poll.

But under Leavitt, the had a way of pulling an early season upset to attain a ranking -- then always crashed and burned November. Didn't they reach, like, 5th ranked one year? It was their coach and QB who made our games grudge matches because they knew how to push our buttons. It was personal then.

I get that UCF usf is a rivalry and fans will talk smack, but if we're legit talking about this rationally and logically, can a USF fan really claim that their program has been better/has more accomplishments than ours?

I'd say other than being in the Big East and your head to head record against us, you can't deny that the superior accomplishments favor us. If you took away the UCF name, and someone said in the past 6 seasons, we will give you a BCS bowl win, three (3) 10+ win seasons, 2 top 25 rankings at the end of the season, and 3 conference titles, there is no way you would say "We'll pass."

But if you want to center your argument around our head to head record, that is fine. Also, since you will probably say this, you have had 3 more players drafted than us since 2010 and spent time in the big east. congrats.

The other part of the argument is what teams did the two teams beat to compare them over the same time they played:
Team A:
- @Clemson (bowl)
- @Notre Dame
- @FSU
- @Miami
- @Auburn
- Top 10 Louisville
- Top 10 W. Virginia

Team B:
- Georgia

Team A is 6-2 over Team B in head to head.

The other part of the argument is what teams did the two teams beat to compare them over the same time they played:
Team A:
- @Clemson (bowl)
- @Notre Dame
- @FSU
- @Miami
- @Auburn
- Top 10 Louisville
- Top 10 W. Virginia

Team B:
- Georgia

I'm all for blind homerism but Team B does have a few more impressive wins.

just off the top of my head:

- Baylor (bowl)
- @Penn State
- @Louisville (only loss)

Reactions: UCFan07
Team A:
- @Clemson (bowl)
- @Notre Dame
- @FSU
- @Miami
- @Auburn
- Top 10 Louisville
- Top 10 W. Virginia

Team B:
- Georgia

Whaaaat? Forget a few for team B?
Top 10 Loserville.
Top 10 Baylor
Top 20 Houston
Penn State (would have been ranked if not banned postseason)
NC State
BYU
Boston College

Yea this is ineptly leaving out major wins: Must be convenient to leave out #6 Louisville, #6 Baylor, Penn St, BC, NC State, Georgia

Team A:
- @Clemson (bowl)
- @Notre Dame
- @FSU
- @Miami
- @Auburn
- Top 10 Louisville
- Top 10 W. Virginia

Team B:
- Georgia

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT