ADVERTISEMENT

I hope we get lined up with Oregon in a bowl game just due to this comment.

Dude compared us to an FCS school, “lower program”. What a clown. I’ve never rooted against a UCF player who transferred, but I will this year. God he’s so hate-able.

Talking about winning like we all don’t know he’s only in it for himself. Lol, he can’t win a big game either, folds like a beach chair.

Please Dear Football Gawds let UCF get lined up with Oregon in a bowl game. CFP or not....

I can't believe DG 'lowered' himself to play for us out of High School. What a kuk and what a way to stick your foot in your mouth. I guess he forgets how UCF came very close on upsetting Oklahoma last season. "Oklahoma stopped a two-point attempt in the closing minutes and his No. 6 Sooners held on to beat UCF 31-29 on Saturday."

And, in Men's Basketball beat #23 Oklahoma last season as well.

• Love
Reactions: Yaes and Knight59
well if the oddsmakers are correct Oregon will be playing in the College Football Playoff

He transferred there for a reason

Reactions: Robert0122
Oh, Dillion Gabriel is a great Quarterback...no doubting that. I wish he was still playing at UCF. Can you imagine how good we would be the past couple years? There is also no doubting that Oregon is a great football team now and in the past. But, that comment is an obvious dig on UCF. I'm an Oregon fan somewhat. They shook up the college football world a few decades back and still do. & Thank you Ducks for Scott Frost!

The problem here is the perceived arrogance of DG. Maybe he isn't arrogant and just slipped or intentionally put some hate on his former team. That is why if Princess Karma has a say in it she will line up UCF vs Oregon in Game 1 of the CFP and hosted in the Bounce House. Wouldn't that be something? Start writing up that quote on banners now! :p

"I've been at a lower program in UCF and you look forward to these sorts of games." -Dillon Gabriel

In fairness to DG on this point (though not a fan of his anymore in general), one could argue that we were a "lower program" when he played here. Not anymore, of course, but we were fighting for respect in the AAC back in those days.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Lower by what standards? In DG's first season in 2019, UCF finished ranked #17. (per wikipedia)

Oregon finished #11 and Oklahoma #4. So I guess UCF is 6 rankings in the top 25 lower than Oregon was.

That is not too much of a difference in my opinion. Maybe DG's perception is different since he is getting paid way more money to play at Oregon than he would be at UCF. So, I guess UCF is lower in Qb salary than Oregon. So, 'In all fairness' you guys are right, UCF is lower in that as well.

However, 2019 UCF was Div 1 fbs, just like Oregon, just like Oklahoma. In the national perception, media eyes, etc, sure UCF is lower to them. But, in all due respect DG is wrong saying UCF is lower like the Idaho Vandals.

He's a kuk for not recognizing that and putting a dig into his former team they recruited him and took a chance on a lefty out of Hawaii. Then got his health back and supported him thru his injury. Yea for him. But, I say he is kuk for that comment. He should said lower level like usf instead. Then he would have been on our good side. :p

geezus H kringle, you guys making me sound like UCFHonors. Tighten it up around here. We got a game tonight and don't take no sh*t from any trolls or opposing teams. (at least not until after the first KJ Jefferson Interception).

LOL. Just kidding. Love Dillon Gab (amazing qb) and I hope he plays well this year. It will be interesting. And, as a side note, and speaking of former UCF-Qbs and the Big10, Mikey Keene, Fresno State, game 1, @Michigan. Another game to keep tabs on!

In fairness to DG on this point (though not a fan of his anymore in general), one could argue that we were a "lower program" when he played here. Not anymore, of course, but we were fighting for respect in the AAC back in those days.
I’m reading between the lines…UCF had lower sock sales than Oklahoma and Oregon, thus “lower program”. We are a flip flop wearing people here in FL.

Lanning may be the next superstar coach ..I doubt they lose 4 games even with the tougher conference

I agree he shouldn't have said "lower program". I'm just saying the point he was trying to make is not totally untrue: In those days, we didn't get the chance to play P5 teams that much because we were stuck in the AAC playing the likes of Temple, Tulsa, Navy and the hapless Cows. So the players and our fanbase got a little extra psyched for P5 opponents. Just being in the Big XII has changed a lot for the better... our schedule, our recruiting and our attendance for starters.

UCF was a top 25 football program while DG was in High School and while he played at UCF. What lower program is that again? I'm not getting it. He was wrong, 100 percent comparing us to the Idaho Vandals. Try again.

Reactions: Knight59
Does Oregon play Iowa this year? That would be a fun game to watch karma to take place. That Iowa defense might have 3 INTs and a handful of sacks on DG the Brand.

UCF was a top 25 football program while DG was in High School and while he played at UCF. What lower program is that again? I'm not getting it. He was wrong, 100 percent comparing us to the Idaho Vandals. Try again.
Aside from the shot at UCF being a lower program, which we both agree on ... I think we are just interpreting the rest of the comment differently.

I think he is right in what he said but it was an unnecessary shot at UCF and proves that he’s a dickhead. He has no loyalties to UCF.

Reactions: DeezKnights
As has been pointed out, UCF wasn't in one of the power conferences back when he was here.

I would have worded it different, but I don't believe DG meant to slam his old school.

Reactions: DeezKnights
Now the Idaho coach is on my sh*t list due to putting UCF down in this comment:

“The one thing that we’re gonna try to do with some of ours this year is, especially guys who are younger players — and we started a lot of younger players in this game — is have that ‘one more year’ thought,” Eck said. “Our guys went to Oregon State, Cal, UCF and Cincinnati, they weren’t going to premier destinations. ‘Wait another year. Don’t go to a bottom-half Power 4 school.'”

"Linebacker Xe’ree Alexander, who led the Vandals as a true freshman with 75 tackles and two forced fumbles last year, left for UCF. "

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F

“The one thing that we’re gonna try to do with some of ours this year is, especially guys who are younger players — and we started a lot of younger players in this game — is have that ‘one more year’ thought,” Eck said. “Our guys went to Oregon State, Cal, UCF and Cincinnati, they weren’t going to premier destinations. ‘Wait another year. Don’t go to a bottom-half Power 4 school.'”

"Linebacker Xe’ree Alexander, who led the Vandals as a true freshman with 75 tackles and two forced fumbles last year, left for UCF. "
UCF constantly getting disrespected..remember when our entire athletic department had swagger?
giphy.gif

now we got fans saying ‘wait 7 years’

That coach is just bitter bitch. As for DG, UCF has been rising for years. Meanwhile, he'll run out of eligibility and move to a lower station in life renting boogie boards on the beach.

I am an optimist. The bottom half of the power 4 is still better than being an Idaho Vandal. 😆

Yall I have been bleeding black and gold now for over 35 years. We are not an elite program . We have been put down before and until UCF wins the BigXII and advances in the play offs UCF will continue to suffer these kinds of put downs.

Here is another truth. When you denigrate others to elevate yourself it speaks more about you than it does about them. If Gus said he was going to retire tomorrow you don't think that Idaho coach wouldn't be thinking what a cherry gig it would be to land the job at UCF? He is just bitter I suppose. UCF is going places , Idaho not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT