ADVERTISEMENT

I may get engaged but:

Blue-Raspberry-Pop.png

Didn't you recently say you've been divorced two or three times? Maybe it's time you go with the long play. Give it 6-10 years.

I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a ring. Thoughts?*
You're a lib so it shouldn't be hard for you to come up with an argument that rings are simply an antiquated artifact of stupid conservative culture and tradition.

Reactions: UCFBS
Catholic and divorced 2-3 times tell me that it means nothing.

Well, I don't know how many times he's been divorced or the reasons why. That's one of those rules that seems to have been optional for too many married Catholics.

Well, I don't know how many times he's been divorced or the reasons why. That's one of those rules that seems to have been optional for too many married Catholics.
I don't either and I agree. I really wasn't intending to be judgmental...it was more of an extrapolation. :)

I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a ring. Thoughts?*
I bought my wife her 10 year ring** from Israel Diamonds. Just picked the stone and the setting. They did a great job.
- https://www.israel-diamonds.com/

Alternatively, if you frequent Manhattan, there is the Diamond District.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/47th_Street_(Manhattan)#Diamond_District

**This was back in 2007, so I cannot speak for them over the past decade.
My "2 months salary" in college ($6/hr back in 1995) assured my wife she was screwed on her engagement + band. I promised her a bigger ring at 10 years. Of course, she is frugal as f---, so even at 10 years, she turned it down. So I finally got her a 2.3 caret ruby set on platinum. It had a run of calcium, which brought the gemstone cost way down, but they set it so one cannot see it, as it's on the side facing down, into the setting.

Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT17
I'll never understand getting married more than once. If I ever get set loose again, I'll be free forever.
For me, it's more like not being able to find another woman who will put up with my sh--. I only half joke. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT