ADVERTISEMENT

I was involved in an auto collision today

HuffyCane

Golden Knight
Dec 25, 2004
Someone failed to stop at a light and collided with the stern portion of my automobile.

So two questions:

1. Am I a homophobe for refusing to say "I got rear-ended today" because I am sick of the Bevis' in this world snickering when I say it?

2. I have been in seven automobile accidents. 2 head on at over 30 mph. A t-bone at over 40. a fender bender at a stop light and I've been struck three times total like the one today. What about everyone else?

Before anyone asks, yes I am seeking medical attention, yes I need it, yes I think and hope I will be alright.

Two.

once a usf student drove into my bumper. I got one 2 inch cut in bumper, but she totaled hers.

the other was me not looking ahead and I ran my car under a suv. no major damage for both cars.

Stern? Driving a land boat?

Glad you're ok though, accidents suck.

I've only been in one accident, stuck in the middle of a pile up, my friend smashed into the back of me and totaled his MGB. That car was awful bad luck though so I'm probably lucky it didn't kill me. I am going to thread jack only because the story of my '97 T-Bird is amazing to me.

1. My mom smashed into the side of it in the driveway with her Excursion, she was rushing out of the driveway because I had just broken my wrist at a soccer game... I had $3500 in damage, she got a small scratch on the bumper. I still laugh when I see that scratch.
2. Delivery truck tore off the back bumper at work.
3. Coworker side swiped the front bumper.
4. Formerly mentioned accident.
5. Someone smashed into the rear bumper in a parking garage at UCF, no note, nothing.
--- Sold the car to my parents/sister.
7. Front wheel fell off when she was driving in SH.
8. She got rear ended and totaled it in her first few weeks at UCF.

Probably will be sore for a couple of days, then be ok for 10 to 25 years when you find out you need neck fused.

I got rear-ended twice in one day in two different cars.
1 head on my fault. I hydroplane around a curve and was just along for the ride at that point.

Rear-ended once so hard it tore the seat out of the floorboard.

Head on by a stoned driver at 40mph in winter Park at midnight.

As a passenger with a drunk guy driving us into the woods at 50mph and we missed everything.

Tboned once.

As a passenger in high school when the girl driving down a dirt road at night decided she was going to try to kill palmetto bugs with her windshield. Lost control about two seconds later and darn near put us in one of those twenty foot deep flood management canals when I grabbed the wheel and Jersey us into a cow pasture instead

This post was edited on 1/29 6:45 PM by Game_Day_Sports

ITT: we find out who sucks at driving defensively

I've rear-ended one other vehicle - because I was blinded by the setting sun and couldn't see (I was only going about 5-10 and slowing down already and thought I had a bit more distance to the car in front of me; no damage to his truck, but my Elantra's front end was smashed) - and got sideswiped by a hit-and-run driver while stopped at an intersection (he tried to squeeze around me going about 40 as I was waiting to turn right for a pedestrian in the crosswalk. I've had a fair share of close calls, but never been involved in a severe crash.

I can't believe you're posting here before seeking medical attention.

I've been in four. Rolled a friends Mustang into a ditch at 3 am two weeks before my 16th birthday. Got rear ended sitting at a stoplight just off the veterans. Got rear ended as I was turning right at a stoplight. And got nailed in the drivers door in a construction zone.

1. I hope you are okay

2. Do you think the fact that you have been in so many accidents says anything about your driving ability, the ability of those around you, or do you just not pay attention.

I didn't realize there were so many women and Asians on this board.

1. Hope you're ok.

2. I've never been in anything I'd consider a serious accident. I have been rear-ended (uh, huh, huh...rear-ended) at very low speeds and I was side-swiped on I-4 near the EW Expy interchange. The side-swiper tried to pay me off. He asked me many times to follow him to an ATM so he could just give me $$. At one point he went into his trunk and there were a few of those canisters that people use to do whippets. I don't know, maybe he was just a barista that really loved his job. Anyway, I looked up his name when I got home and saw that he had been arrested several times for reckless driving, throwing a missile (that one freaked me out...until I realized that it could've been a rock or something) at someone, false imprisonment and a couple of other things.

Im still sore, but OK I guess for now. CT Scan and what not next week.

I guess I should have clarified that I've never been in a one car accident, found at fault, or been the actual cause of any collision. Im just always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Originally posted by goodknightfl:
Probably will be sore for a couple of days, then be ok for 10 to 25 years when you find out you need neck fused.
Already been down that path. Flew to Thailand and got it taken care of for less than my deductible here, including flight and a month in a Westin. Thanks Obama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT