ADVERTISEMENT

I was watching Matt Williams play for the Heat last night against Dallas.

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
Matt missed 2 shots (both 3 pointers) and he got burned under the basket for a layup.

Did I mention Pat Riley was there AND Eric Spolestra.

NOT GOOD.

They took him out and he did not play again. Heat lost.

That doesn't look updated. Says only 2 games played but he's closer to 5 games.
Some guys have 5 games on there. Also, the team record is on there through 5 games. Has he played only in 2 games? It seems odd that it's selectively updated?

Some guys have 5 games on there. Also, the team record is on there through 5 games. Has he played only in 2 games? It seems odd that it's selectively updated?
He's played near 5.issed the first game or 2. He also started 3 or 4 and it shows 0.

His slow start in Orlando may have been due to a nagging, minor ankle injury. He is still kind of inconsistent, on fire one game and ice cold the next. I hope he can do well enough to continue his NBA journey one way or another.

Too inconsistent against guys that aren't good enough for NBA. Best case scenario is to get invite to camp. Undrafted makes it that much tougher.

Too inconsistent against guys that aren't good enough for NBA. Best case scenario is to get invite to camp. Undrafted makes it that much tougher.
Unfortunately you're correct. Matt is too inconsistant. He'll shoot the lights out one game then miss everything the next. Defensive skills not too impressive either :-( Oh well.

Unfortunately you're correct. Matt is too inconsistant. He'll shoot the lights out one game then miss everything the next. Defensive skills not too impressive either :-( Oh well.
Yeah if he isn't hitting 3s you can't even tell he's on the floor. On offense he just runs to wing or corner and just stands there. Not even running a serious offense.

Yeah he started every game in Vegas. Went 6-9 from 3 in their last game. I'm sure Riley and Olestra are obsessing over the 2 missed shots.

I
What's the consensus? Can he play at this level or can't he?
if a team wants his roster spot for a guy to only come in with 1 minute left in each quarter to shoot 3s. Yes. But his defense makes him a liability. We'll see if anyone offers him a contract. He's good enough for the G League but time will tell for NBA roster.

I

if a team wants his roster spot for a guy to only come in with 1 minute left in each quarter to shoot 3s. Yes. But his defense makes him a liability. We'll see if anyone offers him a contract. He's good enough for the G League but time will tell for NBA roster.
He's terribly slow on Defense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT