ADVERTISEMENT

I wrote about why I think UCF was able to attack Tulane's "drop 8" defense compared to Tulsa's earlier in the season.

@Money_Milton thanks for sharing! Always love your posts. In your opinion, would attacking the middle of the field against Tulsa have made a big difference in the game or would their forcing pur WRs out wide still have made the passing game struggle?

Also, please correct me if my question indicates I'm not understanding something.

@Money_Milton thanks for sharing! Always love your posts. In your opinion, would attacking the middle of the field against Tulsa have made a big difference in the game or would their forcing pur WRs out wide still have made the passing game struggle?

Also, please correct me if my question indicates I'm not understanding something.
Ya, imo they were forcing UCF's WR's to the outside.. I believe UCF runs a load of option routes so if playing inside technique WR's supposed to run an out-breaking route.. but imo UCF needed to figure out a way to adjust to that and get control of the space back to make Tulsa adjust.. all kinda just my opinion I don't actually know if they're running option routes and what not, but from an observation stand point it seemed that way

Reactions: Knight Strength
Would be very interested in your UH analysis and why the run game was so successful against the number 1 rushing D in the AAC
I admittedly know next to nothing when it comes to running haha,, I've learned a good bit on identifying run types,, but I think opposing defensive fronts play a huge part in UCF's run blocking success.

They seem to have a rushing performance like this 2 or 3 times a year. Temple off the top of my head last year.

But the one thing I will say, you can see the effect of Heupel's WR spacing when the blocks are executed bc of how much space there ends up being in the 2nd/3rd level.

When it works it looks so good, but when it doesn't it looks bad

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Would be very interested in your UH analysis and why the run game was so successful against the number 1 rushing D in the AAC
Well maybe because Houston was spread wide. and they attacked our QB from outside positions online. This allowed the running game to dominate inside. All teams have tried this. Its why Hype needs to start with 2 tight end set to protect him. Throwing he is waiting to long. Run it And add short passes.. Our QB is absorbing damage. All I hear is the team was not ready for that defensive set. Change the offensive scheme for the beginning. Make defense say we were not ready for that.

Well maybe because Houston was spread wide. and they attacked our QB from outside positions online. This allowed the running game to dominate inside. All teams have tried this. Its why Hype needs to start with 2 tight end set to protect him. Throwing he is waiting to long. Run it And add short passes.. Our QB is absorbing damage. All I hear is the team was not ready for that defensive set. Change the offensive scheme for the beginning. Make defense say we were not ready for that.

Many of the successful runs were off tackle, not just inside.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT