ADVERTISEMENT

If Frost leaves I hope he fails at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-MontCityKnight2

Silver Knight
Dec 21, 2007
Here is why. Not because I hate Nebraska fans (although they are annoying), but because this utter insanity needs to stop. I hate all of these coaches thinking they need to jump ship after a couple short but successful years in the AAC.

I want every coach that was successful in the AAC to flop in the P5. Maybe, just maybe this madness will stop.

Look at all the successful AAC coaches who have either flopped or are struggling in P5):

Kevin Sumlin (flopped. Fired.)
Butch Jones (flopped. Fired.)
Brian Kelly (in and out of hot seat)
Tom Herman (Texas fans already getting antsy)
Matt Rhule (flopping majorly)

These coaches leaving add to the perception that we are a crappy league and is a huge reason we get no respect in the CFP.

The only way I can see this message stopping is if the coaches themselves realize they can kill their careers by going to the P5 and flopping.

UCF is offering P5 $$ to stay in Orlando. Why not build something here?

Here is why. Not because I hate Nebraska fans (although they are annoying), but because this utter insanity needs to stop. I hate all of these coaches thinking they need to jump ship after a couple short but successful years in the AAC.

I want every coach that was successful in the AAC to flop in the P5. Maybe, just maybe this madness will stop.

Look at all the successful AAC coaches who have either flopped or are struggling in P5):

These coaches leaving add to the perception that we are a crappy league and is a huge reason we get no respect in the CFP.

The only way I can see this message stopping is if the coaches themselves realize they can kill their careers by going to the P5 and flopping.

Your mean. Good luck Saturday.

Nebraska is in the Big10 now, they can't rely on non qualifiers and Jucos to fill 80% of the roster like the Lawrence Phillips days. In the Millennial Tinder age this job is a lot harder than most think. Even our Nole and Gator friends think he's insane if he takes that job.

The Scott Frost-to-Nebraska rumors took another step forward Wednesday, as a news conference to announce the hiring of Frost is reportedly scheduled for 4 p.m. Saturday.

I think Frost is going to be a little busy at 4:00 on Saturday...

The Scott Frost-to-Nebraska rumors took another step forward Wednesday, as a news conference to announce the hiring of Frost is reportedly scheduled for 4 p.m. Saturday.
So they play a Champ game and he turns around and leaves within a half hour? I've seen some dick moves in my day, but that would be at the Bobby Petrino end of the scale.

Yes That is why Scott will have a presser on monday, but ANNOUNCING him on saturday will happen! See what his previous mentor did at UCLA announce saturday presser monday... DING DING DING we have a winner

No way an announcement is happening on Saturday. Would be quite a low life move.

Nebraska is in the Big10 now, they can't rely on non qualifiers and Jucos to fill 80% of the roster like the Lawrence Phillips days. In the Millennial Tinder age this job is a lot harder than most think. Even our Nole and Gator friends think he's insane if he takes that job.
PQs and JUCOs filled up 80% of the roster during LPs time? Name 5 of them.

Gators and Noles all agree that Nebraska is a better job than UCF.

No way an announcement is happening on Saturday. Would be quite a low life move.
Just telling it like i heard it. I dont believe SF will be announcing it himself but rather our AD will be holding a presser to announce the hire and then let everyone know on monday we will have a presser with SF present. It is all about getting as much media as possible for current commits on the fence and some others ;)

I think Herman will end up doing well. He has a good recruiting class coming in & Austin, Texas to sell. Scott will have that fat slob Larry the Cable Guy hanging around practice and 15 degree January nights on OV weekends.

Awesome since either you're calling your AD Oinks an assfaced liar, or everything been's done via the Ouija board since there's been no contact yet.

Its a move that has to be made. Once UCF wins the championship, SF needs to start thinking about his new job. The announcement on Saturday will let all of the current and available recruits know that its official. The presser on Monday will allow SF to address everyone in Lincoln and hit the ground running

Reactions: GOBLUEDAVID
I love Orlando. Been there quite a few times. I think your team is getting completely f*&ked by rankings. Has UCF attempted to join acc, power5? Shouldn’t be too long. I didn’t know much about UCF until October or so. I imagine the rest of the country has been the same way. I was in Chicago and Minneapolis for fellowships and residencies. Offer positions at universities, Mayo Clinic, before returning to the homeland. I am from small town Nebraska. I met Frost in gateway mall when I was a kid. He signed a flier for a sale and made such an effort to find a pen. Was a good due back then. What he did for UCF not sure why anyone would wish for him to fail. It’s business and family. Home. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that but if he was leaving nebraska I’d feel the same way. Again, sorry you’re getting boned by rankings. Always happens to the nonp5. I think Boise got screwed way more after such a long run of success.

We absolutely have to win this game Saturday for the program. Get to the NY6 bowl and at least be competitive or win it.

UCF Football has it's sights set on big things in its future and we WILL be getting a P5 birth sooner than later.

Our 11-0 record, ranking, number of fans at the UCF/USF and TV ratings have opened up a lot of eyes

We need to keep winning and remember:

UCF football and UCF > Any Coach

I love Orlando. Been there quite a few times. I think your team is getting completely f*&ked by rankings. Has UCF attempted to join acc, power5? Shouldn’t be too long. I didn’t know much about UCF until October or so. I imagine the rest of the country has been the same way. I was in Chicago and Minneapolis for fellowships and residencies. Offer positions at universities, Mayo Clinic, before returning to the homeland. I am from small town Nebraska. I met Frost in gateway mall when I was a kid. He signed a flier for a sale and made such an effort to find a pen. Was a good due back then. What he did for UCF not sure why anyone would wish for him to fail. It’s business and family. Home. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that but if he was leaving nebraska I’d feel the same way. Again, sorry you’re getting boned by rankings. Always happens to the nonp5. I think Boise got screwed way more after such a long run of success.
“Has UCF attempted to join the acc, power5?” Are you kidding me? Of course they have, every day. But sadly we can’t join the conferences of such power houses as Wake Forrest, Oregon State, Iowa State, Purdue, Boston College, Northwestern, and others. The concept that a school like Oregon State gets tens of millions more dollars yearly than UCF makes me sick. I’m just rambling at this point.

Who the hell is Ryan McCrystal?

Nebraska plays in the Big Ten West, they recruit leaps and bounds better than their division rivals. Beat Wisconsin and they are in the Conferencne Titlw game.

Reactions: gobigredd

Who is this? This is a positive post...

LMFAO the guy you are posting tweets about is about as worthless as lemmy or mikesi posting here on the forums. do you think that because it is on twitter that it is somehow meaningful? let me break out my typewriter and get cooking on some good ones for ya.

Jury is still out on Fuente
2016: 10-3
2017: 9-4 so far

The team is really going to be his starting next year....his recruits. I guess we'll see what happens.

So Op you state that the reason why the AAC doesn’t get any respect is because your coaches get jobs in the power 5 conferences and then flop......so you want Frost to also fail so that what.....it proves your coaches suck? How about this -root for him to succeed so it that the image of your conference improves!

LMFAO the guy you are posting tweets about is about as worthless as lemmy or mikesi posting here on the forums. do you think that because it is on twitter that it is somehow meaningful? let me break out my typewriter and get cooking on some good ones for ya.
Nice to read that you are still thinking about me. I was getting worried. So.., everything that YOU post is worthwhile? Not! Please, go get your typewriter (whatever that is) and get cracking. Can't wait

You were able to only take 2 prop 48 players a year-so not quite possible to fill 80% of your roster that way!

If the first poeple to hear is anyone but those players that is about as low class as you can get. He has to appease the needs of N’s fan base that he would do that speaks volumes about him and all the talk he has given these players that he “loves”. I hope it’s totally false. If he leaves he leaves, I get it, it’s what he wants in the place he wants. I’m disappointed about it for sure, but damn that’s cold.

If the first poeple to hear is anyone but those players that is about as low class as you can get. He has to appease the needs of N’s fan base that he would do that speaks volumes about him and all the talk he has given these players that he “loves”. I hope it’s totally false. If he leaves he leaves, I get it, it’s what he wants in the place he wants. I’m disappointed about it for sure, but damn that’s cold.
He’s going to inform them at halftime apparently.

I don't blame anyone for the sentiment. That's how I feel about Pelini even though he was fired.

But it should at least be factored in that he's going to his alma mater. Seems like it would/should be more maddening if he was leaving UCF for Florida or Florida State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT