ADVERTISEMENT

If UCF’s Rise to the Big 12 Feels Fast, That’s Because It Is

SQn.gif

So 7x what the AAC paid out or roughly $43 million per year more than the AAC? How much more money is that than what Miami gets btw?

UCF does not get a full share this year or the next. We likely are more in the low 20's for the first 2 years. That said it is still a huge lift. That becmomes much more in 2026.

Still keep pinching myself every once in awhile that we're actually in the Big 12!

I wonder if this conference jumping would've gone even faster for us had we beaten Auburn, Ole Miss, GaTech, Nebraska etc. back in the late 90's.

Or did we go as fast as we could have?
If we won all of those we would have more Bowl appearances and higher rankings. Yes we would have been Big East in place of USF as well. Other than that I think we’d be in same spot right now. Or we would have gone ACC years ago and desperately trying to get out.

Still keep pinching myself every once in awhile that we're actually in the Big 12!

I wonder if this conference jumping would've gone even faster for us had we beaten Auburn, Ole Miss, GaTech, Nebraska etc. back in the late 90's.

Or did we go as fast as we could have?
not sure it would have mattered bc UCF leadership at the time wasn’t all in on what they thought UCF Football could be by most fans accounts back then

And USF only got in the Big East bc of Leeroy Selmon and their basketball arena

Last edited:
Poolside's right. It took a hell of a visionary as pres. and a giant shove in all aspects of UCF to get us here. After all, we embarrassed the Big XII's champion- they never were close other than 0-0, and when pretend expansion came--- no call. Had we a Hitt years before, we might have replaced usf, but we've had a few stumbles-- message parlors, paying absolutely useless QB's mothers etc. Either way, we finally got it right and are probably 'the last man up'. Should things go the way many think, SMU and San D ST. will be invited into the newest member of the G-6 or 7 or whatever with the 2 giants and the Big XII which will 'surprise' talking head morons every now and then and be in the Nat. Championship. And usf will watch teams from the Sun Belt, others from AAC and maybe a MWC or MAC get in the championship while they sit wondering WHY?

Reactions: Yaes
Poolside's right. It took a hell of a visionary as pres. and a giant shove in all aspects of UCF to get us here. After all, we embarrassed the Big XII's champion- they never were close other than 0-0, and when pretend expansion came--- no call. Had we a Hitt years before, we might have replaced usf, but we've had a few stumbles-- message parlors, paying absolutely useless QB's mothers etc. Either way, we finally got it right and are probably 'the last man up'. Should things go the way many think, SMU and San D ST. will be invited into the newest member of the G-6 or 7 or whatever with the 2 giants and the Big XII which will 'surprise' talking head morons every now and then and be in the Nat. Championship. And usf will watch teams from the Sun Belt, others from AAC and maybe a MWC or MAC get in the championship while they sit wondering WHY?
Yormark was just in Memphis. They could be next.

The opening paragraph was a reference to the Coaches Tour event that we ( the NYC Chapter) co-hosted a couple of weeks ago ..,,,,

Aw yea, Daniels mentions how we're the youngest P5 for the 3rd time on the show in a row. I guess it's good PR for those that don't know, but christ, get a few other talking points.

I'll say it again with no shame, we've been lucky to have him for 29 years but he's not nearly the God's gift most people on here make him to be. A blow-hard, hair-dying wind bag if I've ever seen one at times.

Last edited:
Aw yea, Daniels mentions how we're the youngest P5 for the 3rd time on the show in a row. I guess it's good PR for those that don't know, but christ, get a few other talking points.

I'll say it again with no shame, we've been lucky to have him for 29 years but he's not nearly the God's gift most people on here make him to be. A blow-hard, hair-dying wing bag if I've ever seen one at times.
I have never been much of a fan. He has this arrogance about him where he thinks fans can never complain about anything

Reactions: PositYourself
Come on guys, really? Mark is great for the most part and we are lucky to have someone like him repping UCF. Have you seen or heard the people usf puts out on their ESPN+ to call games? Wow, yeah we are lucky to have him.

I will agree though, enough with the youngest P5 talk. We are here, time to act like we belong.

Ill take Mark over Beth Mowins everyday.

Many fans turn on Marks broadcast for audio and mute their TV.

Not something. We should be negative about. Mark has been here for what 20 years. Probably longer than you. He will be hard to replace when the time comes.

I'd take a machete to the head over Mowins.

Yesterday Daniels said he's been at UCF for 29 years.

I don't know. There's just something that rubs me the wrong way about him....maybe it's his holier than thou tone at times.

Probably has to listen to newer fans that expect perfection every season and have meltdowns when it doesn't happen. In with the good, out with the bad.

I have never been much of a fan. He has this arrogance about him where he thinks fans can never complain about anything
I don’t know if a lot of UCF fans realize how lucky we are to have Marc Daniels. IMO, he’s one of the very best at everything he does and also a great cheerleader for everything UCF. I agree that he sometimes sounds arrogant during his radio show and sometimes while doing commentary during a 3 and a half hour baseball game, but it’s often just good-natured banter with his co-host or color commentator.
Bianchi refers to him as the “consummate professional” and it‘s obvious that he’s well respected by all his peers. It’s hard to be the smartest one in the room and not come across as arrogant.
As far as fans… He’s always sticking up for UCF and it’s passionate fan base but he doesn’t sugar coat anything either.
He also has an uncanny ability to recall even the most trivial events in UCF history, and he is extremely knowledgable about all things UCF and sports in general.
With all our ups and downs over the last 29 years, Marc Daniels has been the one constant that always comes through at a very high level. Try listening to a UCF baseball game with a “fill-in” and you’ll realize how good he really is. 😉

Exactly my point about the baseball specifically. I’ve watched some ESPN+ games of other AAC teams and made me very thankful for Marc. I don’t see the arrogance some talk about, no way he’s more arrogant than our fanbase so any arrogance by him should play.

He’s a top notch, a knowledgeable UCF rep. Does he mention UCF’s youngest P5 climb too much, sure but who cares. Just b/c you listen to all things UCF and hear him say that, the national audience doesn’t so to them it probably isn’t repetitive.

We are very lucky to have him. Same for Bianchi for those that try to trash him. He’s a homer and every local media market needs a homer. Go ask a usf fan how much they wish they had a Bianchi or Beede to favorably cover their college team in the local media.

Ill take Mark over Beth Mowins everyday.

Many fans turn on Marks broadcast for audio and mute their TV.

Not something. We should be negative about. Mark has been here for what 20 years. Probably longer than you. He will be hard to replace when the time comes.
God beth mowins is atrocious. Id rather rub my sac with sandpaper than listen to any of her broadcasts

Beth Mowins is Freddy Kruger on a chalk board. Even if she actually had a non-annoying voice, she doesn’t seem to have a grasp of the game or schools being covered. Like even if she didn’t have an annoying voice, I find her either super unprepared about the schools/players and/or very unknowledgeable about the game in general.

Reactions: beelit47
LOL. Haters Gonna Hate. I'll take any UCF coverage. We need more. Good and Bad.

And, criticizing Marc D should automatically be dismissed as trolling just to troll.

God beth mowins is atrocious. Id rather rub my sac with sandpaper than listen to any of her broadcasts
I’m watching Cavs Magic and ESPN thinks Mowins and another woman are great announcers to kick off playoffs. It’s terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT