ADVERTISEMENT

if your team posts back to back

Yeah, college recruiting is just weird. Bad programs like Kansas, Virginia, Oregon State, Rutgers, Vandy, Wake, Iowa State, etc... will still get better rated classes than us, including several 4-star kids. Even with all the winning, and high number of kids making it up to the next level. Last year's team had 7 kids that have gotten NFL snaps this season, drafted or undrafted.

Don't know why kids seem to be so enamored with the conference patch on the jersey, rather than the specific programs success.

All this says is that class rankings are overrated. Develop high character, hard working, motivated, ambitious. talented players that fit your system.

Other than the top 5-10 classes, it’s basically all the same from 15-60. Can you tell the difference from Pittsburgh and North Carolina from UCF?

Even FSU has a top 5 class every year and it’s not helping them for 2 consecutive years now

If we could send Lee Corso in the Knightro outfit on recruit visits I might believe you.

Our highest recruit this season isn't even in the top 10 of all time recruits.

That just goes to show you that the ratings are over rated. Many kids might have been late to grow and mature or had inadequate coaching. A lot of these kids are diamonds in the rough and it takes more leg work and analysis to find them.

undefeated season the recruiting will jump to the point that they can't ignore your team any more
Ummm, no. Recruiting isn't changing much at all. We already hit our 'ceiling' as a G5.

I.e., UCF recruiting has been where it's been since earlier this decade.

It didn't start with Frost. All Frost did was 'return' UCF to what it was. As Frost's incoming coaches' hats all said, "Make Central Florida Great Again"

E.g., UCF had a 5 year run 2010-2014 of 4x 9+ win seasons, 3 conference titles (+1 divisional) and 1 NY Bowl win over the Big XII Champion. 2013 was when UCF's best, all-time win over its highest ranked opponent, #5/#6, who was the most favored team in the history of the BCS (started at 3 scores, and moved even bigger after), alongside an earlier win against an AP top 10 team (who also destroyed a P5 in a major bowl), plus a 3rd game against a top 10 team in the same year (a loss against the final #4 by only 3 points).

I know the 2015 season makes everyone forget all that, but it is when UCF not only 'established itself' as one of the best G5 recruiting programs (usually higher than 5-10 P5s), but overtook Miami as the #3 fanbase in the state, and gained national TV ratings on-par with the Big XII median.

So ... no ... not much changes in the recruiting department. There's a huge P5 bias out there. If anything, the 'snub' by the CFP to keep us (and LSU and Washington State) ranked under an 1-loss Oklahoma (who has a far worse resume than #7-9) is a perfect example of why recruits are unsure of UCF.

I would even strongly argue that our Big East invite in 2011 got us the best classes in 2011 and 2012 ... until the Big East broke apart, and sold its name to the Catholic-7, while adding in more C-USA teams, rebranding itself.

as I said back to back undefeated seasons will have a impact. when your team us located in the middle of talent rich Florida. the recruiting will improve especially if your HC Stays.

as for recruiting ranking they are very subjective, for example. the recruiting class for Iowa between 13-15 were these
53rd
59th
58th
the top SR's in last years class that graduated were these
2* MLB Jewell 1st Team AA
2* RB Wadley had back to back 1000+ yards seasons
2* WR Vandenberg
left early OR played as a true SR
2* CB Jackson 1st Team AA
2* OLB Niemann

yet they all were top players for Iowa. plus most were multi year starters.

how many AAC Teams were in the top 25 this season?

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
as I said back to back undefeated seasons will have a impact. when your team us located in the middle of talent rich Florida. the recruiting will improve especially if your HC Stays.

as for recruiting ranking they are very subjective, for example. the recruiting class for Iowa between 13-15 were these
53rd
59th
58th
the top SR's in last years class that graduated were these
2* MLB Jewell 1st Team AA
2* RB Wadley had back to back 1000+ yards seasons
2* WR Vandenberg
left early OR played as a true SR
2* CB Jackson 1st Team AA
2* OLB Niemann

yet they all were top players for Iowa. plus most were multi year starters.

how many AAC Teams were in the top 25 this season?
Give that man a raise!

Reactions: ProAttitude
Schedule us bitch. Stop acting all tough and dodging the great UCF. What has ND done lately?
Ummm, were 11-0 and heading to the cfp playoffs. Do you follow college football? I'm quite sure ND is not dodging you. We played and beat 5 top 25 teams this year. Playing ucf would only drop our sos. I'm not sure if our players even know who you are. Sorry.

Ummm, were 11-0 and heading to the cfp playoffs. Do you follow college football? I'm quite sure ND is not dodging you. We played and beat 5 top 25 teams this year. Playing ucf would only drop our sos. I'm not sure if our players even know who you are. Sorry.
And we have won 23 in a row. 11 is less than half of that. Did you attend elementary school?

Playing the #9 team doesn’t drop your strength of schedule. Do YOU FOLLOW COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

The only player who seems to know Notre Dame is MM and he speaks the truth.

Notre Dame is dodging us.

Last edited:
And we have won 23 in a row. 11 is less than half of that. Did you attend elementary school

Playing the #9 team doesn’t drop your schedule. Do YOU FOLLOW COLLEGE FOOTBALL?

The only player who seems to know Notre Dame is MM and he speaks the truth.

Notre Dame is dodging us.
Yes I do follow college football. Here, let me explain it to you. It's not your record that constitutes your strength of schedule, it's the quality of your opponents. ND is regularly in the top ten sos, ucf meh not. I'm quite certain if you had played NDs schedule the last two years we wouldn't even be having this discussion because let's be honest, you would not be undefeated. Also no offense, but your defense is ranked in the 80s. Any playoff team would hang 60 on you. Sure you have speed and some skilled players. But run into speed, size, and talent if these playoff teams yiu have no chance. Sorry, it is what it is.

Yes I do follow college football. Here, let me explain it to you. It's not your record that constitutes your strength of schedule, it's the quality of your opponents. ND is regularly in the top ten sos, ucf meh not. I'm quite certain if you had played NDs schedule the last two years we wouldn't even be having this discussion because let's be honest, you would not be undefeated. Also no offense, but your defense is ranked in the 80s. Any playoff team would hang 60 on you. Sure you have speed and some skilled players. But run into speed, size, and talent if these playoff teams yiu have no chance. Sorry, it is what it is.
We would beat Notre Dame if they played us and are afraid to schedule us. That’s all that matters As far as SOS, you said that Notre Dames would drop if they scheduled UCF. That’s idiotic.

Any playoff team would hang 60 on us??

Another idiotic statement. Michigan didn’t hang 60 on anyone including SMU and Notre Dame couldn’t hang 20 on Pittsburgh and barely that vs Vanderbilt and Bowling Green or whatever cupcake you played

Reactions: Knight Strength
how do you know you are better than UCF? you don't. until you play them nobody knows.

for example Iowa was unranked and wiped OSU out 55-24, supposedly OSU was/is more talented than Iowa. hmmm here is why your comments are way off.

Reactions: Mikesi
We would beat Notre Dame if they played us and are afraid to schedule us. That’s all that matters As far as SOS, you said that Notre Dames would drop if they scheduled UCF. That’s idiotic.

Any playoff team would hang 60 on us??

Another idiotic statement. Michigan didn’t hang 60 on anyone including SMU and Notre Dame couldn’t hang 20 on Pittsburgh and barely that vs Vanderbilt and Bowling Green or whatever cupcake you played
Ya I'm sure that's it ND is afraid of you lol. ND played both of those teams you mentioned without our starting qb and starting stud rb As far as the sos not sure how else to explain that to you. But he tell yourself whatever you want. Oh, please don't talk about playing cupcakes. Does ucf play anything but cupcakes lol?

Ya I'm sure that's it ND is afraid of you lol. ND played both of those teams you mentioned without our starting qb and starting stud rb As far as the sos not sure how else to explain that to you. But he tell yourself whatever you want. Oh, please don't talk about playing cupcakes. Does ucf play anything but cupcakes lol?
You can’t talk shit if you won’t play us. We have one common opponent and it’s not even close, so all of your arguments fail. No facts

UCF would beat Notre Dame this year. Other than Michigan, NDs schedule hasnt been that tough.

You know your team is good when a Notre Dame Troll crashes your board for 12 posts

A team that’s been around for over 100 years

Learn how to capitalize proper names....jeez....ND's academics are worse than I've been told.

Says the moron whose team just barely beat Pitt.....LOL....what is your ND degree in? I'm getting a feeling you are one of "those"....never taken a college course.
I grew up a half mile from the ND stadium I am a graduate and have been to over 150 home games thanks for asking. Degrading yourself to personal insults speaks about your level of class. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the rest of your season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT