ADVERTISEMENT

Impossible free healthcare coming to India

Yeah, but does India have a MOTHERFUKING SPACE FORCE!!!!?

Who needs healthcare when you can have a Space Force?

Reactions: UCFhonors
Yeah, but does India have a MOTHERFUKING SPACE FORCE!!!!?

Who needs healthcare when you can have a Space Force?
Since I'm the family "space guy", I've been gleefully telling everyone that brings it up in my family that I'm enlisting in the Space Force and hope to get stationed on Mars.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Since I'm the family "space guy", I've been gleefully telling everyone that brings it up in my family that I'm enlisting in the Space Force and hope to get stationed on Mars.

Get in line.

space-shuttle-door-gunner-patch-acu_1.jpg

Reactions: UCFRogerz
India's solution won't work everywhere around the world. But it takes care of India's needs. Props to the Indian government for recognizing and addressing an issue regarding healthcare.

free healthcare is a good idea. implementations never work out. it will likely be a miserable failure. there will be rationing of medicines. there will be long wait times in hospitals. itll probably take forever to get a needed surgery. but dont worry, they will just need to raise taxes to make everything better. when it continues to suck, dont worry, they just need to raise taxes to make everything better....

free healthcare is a good idea. implementations never work out. it will likely be a miserable failure. there will be rationing of medicines. there will be long wait times in hospitals. itll probably take forever to get a needed surgery. but dont worry, they will just need to raise taxes to make everything better. when it continues to suck, dont worry, they just need to raise taxes to make everything better....
They have public healthcare already this money is for use in private care centers. They realize the public health care centers aren't doing a good job and rather than dump money into more of them they are taking a capitalist approach while still providing for those in need.

Color me shocked - FC got something ass backwards yet again.

This is nothing like what your Bernie Bro is suggesting, which is already proven to be economically unfeasible here. This is India essentially subsidizing the poorest people to seek out private insurance, since the already "free" public heath care is so horrid and shitty in India, and it is exclusively for the poorest of Indians which insanely totals 500 million people.

A county of 1.3B has almost half of their populace living in total poverty but hey - FREE HEALTHCARE!!!!

This is also nothing like the comprehensive and amazing care we have in the US; this is addressing the most basic care to simply keep people from dying as they do at greater rates and in greater numbers in India. It's a $7000 check annually.

But meh- the US is exactly like India so WHERE'S MUH FREE HEALTHCARE??

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin
Color me shocked - FC got something ass backwards yet again.

This is nothing like what your Bernie Bro is suggesting, which is already proven to be economically unfeasible here. This is India essentially subsidizing the poorest people to seek out private insurance, since the already "free" public heath care is so horrid and shitty in India, and it is exclusively for the poorest of Indians which insanely totals 500 million people.

A county of 1.3B has almost half of their populace living in total poverty but hey - FREE HEALTHCARE!!!!

This is also nothing like the comprehensive and amazing care we have in the US; this is addressing the most basic care to simply keep people from dying as they do at greater rates and in greater numbers in India. It's a $7000 check annually.

But meh- the US is exactly like India so WHERE'S MUH FREE HEALTHCARE??

I love how shockingly uninformed you are that you continue to repeat this lie. It really shows how skullfukingly ignorant you are, gobbling down that Fox News. The Koch brothers study you are referencing actually shows it will save the US trillions of dollars by switching to Universal Healthcare. Yet you are completely oblivious to this, and continue to straight up lie about it to advance your agenda.

Props to Indian government for recognizing the unique gaps in their healthcare system and making changes.

You honestly think we have the best health system in the world?

I will admit we likely have some of the very best doctors in the world but not the best overall health system.

Universal Healthcare has it's problems - but so does ours. It's one of those things where I'm not sure there will ever be "perfection" - well - maybe until scientific inventions someday down the road.

I will take the living conditions of the USA and the state of our health care system over "free" health care like they have in India now, or in Thailand, or in any of those other countries and the living conditions they have in those countries.

Visit those countries .... to borrow a politician statement ... they are a shithole. I guess you can't have it all.

I will admit we likely have some of the very best doctors in the world but not the best overall health system.

Universal Healthcare has it's problems - but so does ours. It's one of those things where I'm not sure there will ever be "perfection" - well - maybe until scientific inventions someday down the road.

Yes, absolutely we do. In terms of access to care, delivery of care, doctor quality, research quality, speed of receiving treatments needed, infrastructure, and other associated aspect - we have the best in the world. I would put that part of our health care economy against any country in the world. There's a reason that people flock here from around the world to receive a myriad of treatments, including the US being the prominent cancer care country in the world.

What we constantly struggle with is how to pay for it and what method of doing that is best. We pay more simply because we DO have the best health care delivery in the world. There are issues with how insurance works, how the government has regulated competition out of markets, and in general just how f'ing complex the insurance networks are.

Of the 12.2% of Americans between 19-64 who still don't have insurance, the majority of that is elective. People choosing not to buy health care. We're very close to having a system that not only delivers the best care in the world but assures that those who really can't afford insurance but WANT it, get it. And it does not require something asinine like Medicare for All.

we have one of the best. if you factor in the sheer size of our system then yes i think it might be the best.

a lot of other countries benefit from our system and we end up paying extra for it. i have a problem with that. europeans pay a fraction of the price for the same drugs we do even though we developed and created them. i have a big problem with that. i have a problem with the insurance companies in general. if we lowered how much gov was involved in health care, i think it would get a lot better and cheaper. it could all be better and cheaper.

look at lasik. its been around for a couple decades now. no insurance has ever covered it. in that time frame, the procedure has gotten better all while the price has gone down dramatically.

a lot of other countries benefit from our system and we end up paying extra for it. i have a problem with that. europeans pay a fraction of the price for the same drugs we do even though we developed and created them. i have a big problem with that.
This is actually damn true. Research and development is expensive and companies that develop the drugs that save lives need to be rewarded with mountains of money. That's a no brainer. When Europe controls prices it hurts us back home because they still need to fund that research and development.

This is actually damn true. Research and development is expensive and companies that develop the drugs that save lives need to be rewarded with mountains of money. That's a no brainer. When Europe controls prices it hurts us back home because they still need to fund that research and development.
if trump were able to get the price of drug xxxx that was developed in the us at the same or close to the same price as they pay in europe for the same damn thing would you give him credit for that?

if trump were able to get the price of drug xxxx that was developed in the us at the same or close to the same price as they pay in europe for the same damn thing would you give him credit for that?
I give Trump credit for everything he does. Why would I stop for this?

I have 0 problem with drug manufacturers making money. They are advancing the human race.

I give Trump credit for everything he does. Why would I stop for this?

Trump, nor any other politician can do anything to improve the medical field. Things like GoodRX do and its a product of the free market at work. All the government can do is make things more convoluted, more expensive, and/or lower quality of care.

Did a politician have anything to do with my last prescription purchase going from 340 bucks a month to 28? Nope. The market did that.

Trump, nor any other politician can do anything to improve the medical field. Things like GoodRX do and its a product of the free market at work. All the government can do is make things more convoluted, more expensive, and/or lower quality of care.

Did a politician have anything to do with my last prescription purchase going from 340 bucks a month to 28? Nope. The market did that.
Prescription prices are fair. And the market should decide.

Take 2 sugar pills and call me next month..

Lol why's that? I can't be excited about a developing nation taking care of their citizens without preferring their system to America's?
you made it seem like they will do it better than our current system. medical tourism is a real thing. why not prove that you believe in their system more than our current one? or is our actually better than theirs?

you made it seem like they will do it better than our current system. medical tourism is a real thing. why not prove that you believe in their system more than our current one? or is our actually better than theirs?
Ours is better than India's obviously. Only an idiot would think it's not.

but theirs is freeeeeeeeeeee.........
For the poorest 500M. You think I qualify in the poorest 500M Indians? I wouldn't qualify for free if that same system was brought here. However, I am a man of empathy and I feel for the struggles of the poor so I support it.

Yes. My company offered 3 plans and I picked

Has nothing to do with what I said
Lol you picked which of 3 options from the same company your employer bought for everyone in the work place. That sounds like the free market to you?

By the way what you said is that I want the government to take control of the whole health care system which isn't true.

Lol you picked which of 3 options from the same company your employer bought for everyone in the work place. That sounds like the free market to you?

By the way what you said is that I want the government to take control of the whole health care system which isn't true.

It is, since you routinely praise single payer

Smh

It literally is. It means the government controls every aspect of health care delivery. Go look up “NHS” in the UK.

Sometimes you’re stupid on another level
It doesn't. It means one entity pays. NHS isn't what anyone is advocating for except in Republican liberal boogeyman nightmares

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT