ADVERTISEMENT

Impossible free healthcare coming to India

The United States is one of the few super powers, but let's change it to be like India. The gov't is so good and running things...LOL

Reactions: UCFWayne
[laughing]

So the government is the only authorized entity to pay for all health care expenses - but they don’t control every lever of delivery and eventual rationing?

Hilarious
Correct. It's not that complicated. They don't control hospitals or doctors or surgery centers or any medical care providers. All they do is pay the bills and set the rules.

I’m still trying to figure out how markets work for every product and service except for Healthcare insurance and roads.

I’m still trying to figure out how markets work for every product and service except for Healthcare insurance and roads.
Well the good news for you is that it's been solved already by many dozens of economists and all you have to do to end your frustrated confusion is open a book.

Market fundamentals for the helathcare industry have been out of whack since the inception of group insurance and was only exacerbated by medicare. Even just looking at the pay rates between part A and part B are screwy, but if the seller isnt negotiating with the buyer then prices will, and have, risen to the point of crisis.

Well the good news for you is that it's been solved already by many dozens of economists and all you have to do to end your frustrated confusion is open a book.

There are no legitimately brilliant economists alive today. They have almost all bought into post-keynesian theories.

Tell me how you would respond if the federal government came into your business and said you were going to have to cut your billing by 40% across the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT