ADVERTISEMENT

In Darriel Mack Jr. WE TRUST...

I respect your opinion, but we aren’t going to make drastic changes to an offense that Mack’s just getting used to and can barely handle as it is. We aren’t going to install a bunch of new stuff

Jones isn’t an option

I have confidence in Mack throwing 15 to 25 yds accurately with no pick 6's. The key is mixing it up and keeping Memphis guessing. Timing, execution and few penalties will help. I think we can win this.

Reactions: Mikesi
A QB needs timing and rhythm with his receivers. That's why there's been a few drops and missed opportunities. A full week of practice will help some of that so explosive plays may come. Milton has been getting all the reps with these guys so that's why they look so fluid. Mack doesn't turn it over and moves the sticks. With how good Memphis can be on offense I think a more ball controlled game might serve us better anyway.

Him or that other bust tyler harris

Man, for all the good things GOL did for us, he could not recruit that position at all.....from the statue kid, Harris, Flores. Greco, Calabrese, Weatherford, Harry Potter Troy Green.....so many misses.

Bortles and Gordfrey were the only hits (he inherited Moffett and Isreal so they don't count)

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Man, for all the good things GOL did for us, he could not recruit that position at all.....from the statue kid, Harris, Flores. Greco, Calabrese, Weatherford, Harry Potter Troy Green.....so many misses.

Bortles and Gordfrey were the only hits (he inherited Moffett and Isreal so they don't count)

This should tell you what GOL didn’t do. Look at what the program has done since he has left.

When Mack was first recruited many envisioned a camp battle for the starting QB position between Mack and KZ during his senior year. Now that Mack is getting meaningful experience this season, he would certainly be in a position to challenge. Unfortunately, it's doubtful that KZ is running the offense next summer. We will have a much better idea after the next few games and spring camp what we really have in Mack. KZ will be coaching Mack during this time :)

Also, our team has to continue to learn how to trust the system and the process rather than a single player. No choice here either. It has to happen. We have some really good depth at many positions next season. It will be interesting to see who winds up in the #2 QB slot. Also, our kicking game has 2 seniors graduating. I believe we're far from all is lost. We saw a champion team playing in the USF game.

When Mack was first recruited many envisioned a camp battle for the starting QB position between Mack and KZ during his senior year. Now that Mack is getting meaningful experience this season, he would certainly be in a position to challenge. Unfortunately, it's doubtful that KZ is running the offense next summer. We will have a much better idea after the next few games and spring camp what we really have in Mack. KZ will be coaching Mack during this time :)

Also, our team has to continue to learn how to trust the system and the process rather than a single player. No choice here either. It has to happen. We have some really good depth at many positions next season. It will be interesting to see who winds up in the #2 QB slot. Also, our kicking game has 2 seniors graduating. I believe we're far from all is lost. We saw a champion team playing in the USF game.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agree

Reactions: UCFBS
He doesn't have KZ's instincts (who does?)
He doesn't have KZ's late Junior-season instincts. But KZ Freshman v. Mack Jr. RS Freshman? I'm liking Mack Jr. more.

but he did throw some nice long balls and there were a lot of drops. The receivers didn't seem ready for the velocity of his throws.
I'm really looking forward to Mack Jr. playing, win or lose. I think the kid is solid.

I said the same thing about Holman, and stood by him until his senior year -- when I agreed KZ needed time on-the-field now.
Mack Jr. is just getting started earlier, but I like his abilities and growing experience, more than Holman and -- again -- more than where KZ was his Freshman year.

I'm more than ready to be proven wrong, and KZ would give us a better chance to win.
But I'm looking forward to Mack Jr., with the running game and defense, showing us what we're made of.

I don’t expect as many Big passing plays, obviously, but I do expect more QB runs to move the chains.
If they stuff the box with 8, then I see big passing plays.

If Mack Jr. moves from hitting 1 of 3 to 1 of 2 ... then Memphis is in for a serious amount of butt kicking.
The question is ... what happens when we move to a P5 in a NY Bowl game after that?

I hope we get Oklahoma or West Virginia, ironically enough.

If they stuff the box with 8, then I see big passing plays.

If Mack Jr. moves from hitting 1 of 3 to 1 of 2 ... then Memphis is in for a serious amount of butt kicking.
The question is ... what happens when we move to a P5 in a NY Bowl game after that?

I hope we get Oklahoma or West Virginia, ironically enough.

I’m hoping we get Oklahoma. Heupel will love that. ESPN could sell that angle really well - the prodigal son has returned!

Reactions: UCFBS
I’m hoping we get Oklahoma. Heupel will love that. ESPN could sell that angle really well - the prodigal son has returned!
Yeah, actually (and totally forgot), they'll want that if it lines up well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT