ADVERTISEMENT

In hindsight, should have stayed with McClain..

I hate to agree with the Auburn troll. You guys don’t like Gus or his offensive style, which is whatever. I wouldn’t call it innovative by any means, but it is routinely in the top 25 offenses in the country. It wasn’t our offense that went 6-7 last year or lost 4 & 5 games the last 2 years before. It wasn’t our QB either, as much as you all love to blame that. It was our defense, which had a pretty big overhaul after last season through recruiting/portal and coaching as Gus went nuclear.

You guys don’t like Gus, his offense is gimmicky, isn’t your cup of tea and he’s no longer “innovative”….but let’s not call his offense not effective b/c in reality it is. If we had any type of defense that could tackle the last 3 years we’d have been really good with at least 1 Conference Championship.
Heupel's offense was top 10 in scoring in 2019 and 2020, top 3 in yards per game in those years. Technically Malzahn has been a downgrade.

Gabriel gets knocked for putting up huge numbers but not winning games, Malzahn is essentially the equivalent. When it comes to pivotal moments he uses trick plays that failed multiple times last year that led to losses.

Reactions: PositYourself
Heupel's offense was top 10 in scoring in 2019 and 2020, top 3 in yards per game in those years. Technically Malzahn has been a downgrade.

Gabriel gets knocked for putting up huge numbers but not winning games, Malzahn is essentially the equivalent. When it comes to pivotal moments he uses trick plays that failed multiple times last year that led to losses.
I don’t disagree with you on any of that. But Gus has had a top performing offense that can’t be denied. That is why the media and pundits talk about it, b/c it is consistently in the top 15. You could say Huepel’s offense is even more gimmicky than any other offense out there. His rocket paced offense was detrimental to the defense that was already paper thin, he either went 3 and out or scored in a minute. Same Gus offense of running up the middle and throwing down the sideline, just without the trick plays and at a super speed pace. Heupel was also really stubborn while at UCF but from what I noticed he has drastically changed his approach at TN.

With a true freshman QB. Then year 2 west undefeated. That exceeds Gus career.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Dude, you can't freeze frame one year of success from a "fairy tale" season. Ya'll been living too close to Disney World for too long. The story of college football goes on. The pages turn whether you are ready or want them to or not.

GUS IS THE COACH NOW. frost is chillin in st. louis.

"The Ex-Nebraska coach" has moved on: https://www.grandrapidsmn.com/aroun...cle_103ac727-b428-592d-ab17-d2938b59d771.html

I hate to agree with the Auburn troll. You guys don’t like Gus or his offensive style, which is whatever. I wouldn’t call it innovative by any means, but it is routinely in the top 25 offenses in the country. It wasn’t our offense that went 6-7 last year or lost 4 & 5 games the last 2 years before. It wasn’t our QB either, as much as you all love to blame that. It was our defense, which had a pretty big overhaul after last season through recruiting/portal and coaching as Gus went nuclear.

You guys don’t like Gus, his offense is gimmicky, isn’t your cup of tea and he’s no longer “innovative”….but let’s not call his offense not effective b/c in reality it is. If we had any type of defense that could tackle the last 3 years we’d have been really good with at least 1 Conference Championship.
You know ball. I really appreciate this nuanced, well-reasoned perspective.

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT