ADVERTISEMENT

Indians and Redskins To “Review” Name

Dumb. Once again, white people are telling people of color that they should be offended because they're too stupid to know better. 9 out of 10 native Americans don't find the name offensive so why should it be an issue?

Should every state and city who's name is derived from an Indian word be renamed as well and changed to a European based term?

Dumb. Once again, white people are telling people of color that they should be offended because they're too stupid to know better. 9 out of 10 native Americans don't find the name offensive so why should it be an issue?

Should every state and city who's name is derived from an Indian word be renamed as well and changed to a European based term?

I just think the name is stupid in general. Nothing to do with the history. I just think a Redskin is a dumb team name. Much like chargers, 49ers and packers

Redskin is not an “Indian word”. It’s a derogatory term used to refer to North American Indians.

The National Congress of American Indians has been calling for a name change for a long long time.

http://www.ncai.org/resources/ncai-publications/Ending_the_Legacy_of_Racism.pdf

Has nothing to do with white people telling someone to be offended.

I think that they should be called the Kneelskins. That would be popular

I think that they should be called the Kneelskins. That would be popular
Redtails

redtails.jpg

Every team should just be named City Football Team to avoid any outrage. Actually football might upset some since it’s really Soccer’s word. So City Hand-Pass Run Sports Team

Reactions: AAC6800
...and right-wing, white, males, are the most upset about the name change. Hmmmm...

Every team should just be named City Football Team to avoid any outrage. Actually football might upset some since it’s really Soccer’s word. So City Hand-Pass Run Sports Team
Or better yet let’s just not have names logos and mascots that are caricatures of groups of people. Shouldn’t be too hard. Nobody blinked an eye when New Orleans changed name from Hornets to Pelicans but at the mere thought of changing an obviously derogatory name that Indian groups have been lobbying to change for 6 decades people are up in arms.

Do you find it ironic that you post about logical fallacies all the time, but then you also write this post? If you're going to play that game, you should be consistent.

Do you find it ironic that you post about logical fallacies all the time, but then you also write this post? If you're going to play that game, you should be consistent.

Oh forgive me for not using the *** of sad. Seriously, does nobody sense sarcasm on this place or is everything taken literally. I said in the beginning of the post I think Its a Stupid team name and liked the post that said all team names are dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Knowing Snyder, if he changes the name its probably going to be a not so subtle F U to the people that have given him crap about this.

Update Indians are doing the same per the Athletic.

I imagine, Chiefs, Braves, Blackhawks, Seminoles are soon to follow

Seminole tribe in FL has supported FSU. I think there’s another Seminole tribe in like OK that doesn’t like it though? Don’t remember the full story.

Seminole tribe in FL has supported FSU. I think there’s another Seminole tribe in like OK that doesn’t like it though? Don’t remember the full story.

The same seminoles that brought their black slaves with them on the Trail of Tears? Or were they Cherokee or chocktaw? I lose track of who the good guys and bad guys are any more

People like just don’t understand what a “peaceful” protest is. Arrest them all!

Protesters demonstrating against President Donald Trump's arrival in the Black Hills for the Mount Rushmore fireworks display were met with resistance from law enforcement, pepper sprayed and arrested after they blocked a highway to the monument with vans for nearly three hours Friday.

A handful of protesters were arrested after blocking Highway 16A

People like just don’t understand what a “peaceful” protest is. Arrest them all!

Protesters demonstrating against President Donald Trump's arrival in the Black Hills for the Mount Rushmore fireworks display were met with resistance from law enforcement, pepper sprayed and arrested after they blocked a highway to the monument with vans for nearly three hours Friday.
It's their land! Native lives matter!

Once again a white man is trying to tell us what Native Americans think lol

Let me explain the difference b/w Redskins and the other names. Braves, Warriors, Chiefs, Vikings and Seminoles refer to a POSITION or a group of respected WARRIORS. The Redskins name references a SKIN COLOR/Race.

Something is going on in Redskinsville. The 3 minority owners that own 40% of the team want to sell

is Daniel Snyder having a change of heart?

Let me explain the difference b/w Redskins and the other names. Braves, Warriors, Chiefs, Vikings and Seminoles refer to a POSITION or a group of respected WARRIORS. The Redskins name references a SKIN COLOR/Race.

The seminoles name needs to be wiped from the history books, period. They were vicious slaveowners.

Redskins is the only one that is offensive. Everything else makes them warriors and heros. Woke white people have to ruin everything.

I hope he doubles down and keeps the logo. Says “the name was offensive, nobody said anything about the logo”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT