ADVERTISEMENT

Infrastructure Spending: Who are the true Conservatives?

You‘re saying we don’t need to do something about our crumbling infrastructure? (FYI, the Biden proposal calls for 2 trillion in spending.)

The only difference between Democrat spending and Republican spending is that the Dems want to pay for infrastructure improvements up front. Those fiscal conservatives in the GOP spent 6.4 trillion on our Middle East wars without ‘inconveniencing‘ the American People by having to pay for it at the time.

But let me guess, THAT deficit spending was a-okay, right guys?
There is 2 trillion for infrastructure and another 2 trillion for Green bill. thus the 4 trillion. Yes we need to do infrastructure, we are always doing it, but most of the 2 trillion does not go to roads n bridges. You could get the same bang for 1/3 of the amount being proposed. And the bottom line is we don't have any of this money. If you want to raise taxes you need to start with a regressive tax, Raise Both Medicare and Social security taxes by .25%, That will add a few years to solvency in those systems, Then add 5 cents to gas tax, Then raise taxes on Upper incomes as well. Raising taxes on Corporations is a direct tax on the middle class. It may or may not be a good idea, but drop the BS about it taxing the rich, that cost will directly go into the cost of everything that everyone buys

The gas tax allows for some new spending on roads, doesn't pay off any deficit.
The SS/Medicare tax buys time with those programs, doesn't pay off any deficit.
Taxes on Corps and Upper income should go 100% towards reducing deficit.

No new spending period. and all Senators, congress people, and prez should lose all federal benefits. No Pension, No health Insurance, No paid vacations or flights home, No travel expense, Nothing outside of their office. They are not federal employees, they are independent contractors hired to do a job for 2, 4, or 6 years.

You act like this is a "liberal thing." 'Conservatives' have done more to increase the federal debt than those wild-eyed, free-spending Democrats have.
I agree Republican Prez have been worse but only because Republicans have usually controlled the congress when Dems have the white house. The fight has always been Republican legislature vs Dem Prez with Reps holding down spending, problem is when republican presidents get in republican legislators cave on the spending, and if Dems are in control the negotiate for more spending for social things, in order for Prez to get what he wants. Obama ran the deficit way up the first 2 years when he had full control over both houses, This year is a perfect example of why split government is good. Dems own it all and are spending every thing they can get their hands on.

Obama ran the deficit way up the first 2 years when he had full control over both houses,
Didn't Obama get sworn in during the financial crisis of 2008, the worst since the Great Depression?

I'm guessing you already knew that. :) If my retirement account is any indication, the Obama Administration pulled the country out of a big hole.

I agree Republican Prez have been worse but only because Republicans have usually controlled the congress when Dems have the white house. The fight has always been Republican legislature vs Dem Prez with Reps holding down spending, problem is when republican presidents get in republican legislators cave on the spending, and if Dems are in control the negotiate for more spending for social things, in order for Prez to get what he wants. Obama ran the deficit way up the first 2 years when he had full control over both houses, This year is a perfect example of why split government is good. Dems own it all and are spending every thing they can get their hands on.

This isnt true at all, at least not in recent history. Bush had the house and senate for 6 of his 8 years, Trump had the senate for 4 years and the house for 2, and they both ran up the debt massively.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
This isnt true at all, at least not in recent history. Bush had the house and senate for 6 of his 8 years, Trump had the senate for 4 years and the house for 2, and they both ran up the debt massively.
Congressional Republicans only remember they're fiscal conservatives when a Democrat takes the White House. :)

Reactions: chemmie
Congressional Republicans only remember they're fiscal conservatives when a Democrat takes the White House. :)
Do congressional democrats ever remember that they are fiscal conservatives? Or are they always OK with racking up more debt?

Do you think the truth matters to these morons? goodknightfl has never made a single truthful post on this board despite thousands of attempts. They are brainwashed by OAN and fox news

That is what I said, Republicans controlled the house and senate while Republicans had office, They generally spend more with a Rep Prez, and if Dems control them they want more social spending so debt skyrockets either way. Dem presidents have tended to have to deal with a Republican congress, With a Dem in office they suddenly remember spending trillions or billions you don't have isn't a good thing so they fight to keep down spending.

this is my quote.

I agree Republican Prez have been worse but only because Republicans have usually controlled the congress when Dems have the white house. The fight has always been Republican legislature vs Dem Prez with Reps holding down spending, problem is when republican presidents get in republican legislators cave on the spending,

• Haha
Do you think the truth matters to these morons? goodknightfl has never made a single truthful post on this board despite thousands of attempts. They are brainwashed by OAN and fox news
I have never watched OAN, and I don't get cable or Fox news.. And once again Cubs wasted his college time not learning reading comprehension.
I agree Republican Prez have been worse but only because Republicans have usually controlled the congress when Dems have the white house. The fight has always been Republican legislature vs Dem Prez with Reps holding down spending, problem is when republican presidents get in, republican legislators cave in on the spending, . once again my quote that he read what he wanted rather than what was stated. I blamed Rep Prez and Rep Congress for over spending. Split government is good.. always has been.

I have never watched OAN, and I don't get cable or Fox news.. And once again Cubs wasted his college time not learning reading comprehension.
I agree Republican Prez have been worse but only because Republicans have usually controlled the congress when Dems have the white house. The fight has always been Republican legislature vs Dem Prez with Reps holding down spending, problem is when republican presidents get in, republican legislators cave in on the spending, . once again my quote that he read what he wanted rather than what was stated. I blamed Rep Prez and Rep Congress for over spending. Split government is good.. always has been.

So you manage to be completely retarded on your own? I'm almost more impressed, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt assuming you are just another brainwashed idiot boomer. Where do you come up with your hilariously idiotic takes then?

That is what I said, Republicans controlled the house and senate while Republicans had office, They generally spend more with a Rep Prez, and if Dems control them they want more social spending so debt skyrockets either way. Dem presidents have tended to have to deal with a Republican congress, With a Dem in office they suddenly remember spending trillions or billions you don't have isn't a good thing so they fight to keep down spending.

this is my quote.

I agree Republican Prez have been worse but only because Republicans have usually controlled the congress when Dems have the white house. The fight has always been Republican legislature vs Dem Prez with Reps holding down spending, problem is when republican presidents get in republican legislators cave on the spending,

Instead of being so convoluted on this, why not just say Republicans spend a shit load of money.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Back to the original question The people who run up the deficit the least, while taking the least taxes are the conservatives. Democrats want to spend 3.7 Trillion, while raising taxes just guessing 1 Trillion, for a 2.7 trillion dollar hole. Republicans want to spend 1 Trillion with no tax increases, for a 1Trillion dollar deficit. Neither position is conservative, but a 1 Trillion in new debt is smaller than 2.7 trillion.

• Haha
Back to the original question The people who run up the deficit the least, while taking the least taxes are the conservatives. Democrats want to spend 3.7 Trillion, while raising taxes just guessing 1 Trillion, for a 2.7 trillion dollar hole. Republicans want to spend 1 Trillion with no tax increases.
So MORE borrowing is the answer?

Yeah boy, those Republicans are really fiscally conservative! :rolleyes:

Back to the original question The people who run up the deficit the least, while taking the least taxes are the conservatives. Democrats want to spend 3.7 Trillion, while raising taxes just guessing 1 Trillion, for a 2.7 trillion dollar hole. Republicans want to spend 1 Trillion with no tax increases, for a 1Trillion dollar deficit. Neither position is conservative, but a 1 Trillion in new debt is smaller than 2.7 trillion.
We collected more tax revenue under Trump than any other presidential term.

We collected more tax revenue under Trump than any other presidential term.

Tax revenues go up almost every year, that has nothing to do with Trump. Obama collected more taxes than any president before him too, as did Bush, Clinton, Reagan etc etc, and in all likeliehood, Biden will collect more than Trump when all is said and done.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Tax revenues go up almost every year, that has nothing to do with Trump. Obama collected more taxes than any president before him too, as did Bush, Clinton, Reagan etc etc, and in all likeliehood, Biden will collect more than Trump when all is said and done.
I'm aware. I just find it funny when people act like the tax cuts led to a bigger deficit. Didn't happen. We just kept spending more and more.

Lol, I love the rationalization for why tax cuts are bad. One guy will say that they are bad because they don't grow the economy enough, the next guy will say they are bad because GDP growth outpaced % of tax revenue. The only number that matter is the actual raw number of dollars.

Lol, I love the rationalization for why tax cuts are bad. One guy will say that they are bad because they don't grow the economy enough, the next guy will say they are bad because GDP growth outpaced % of tax revenue. The only number that matter is the actual raw number of dollars.
Exactly right, and there is no such thing as a corporate tax. All corporate taxes are paid by the customers who are generally middle class workers.

Depends if they are giving the $1T to their friends but some of the $2.7T get to the people

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT