ADVERTISEMENT

INTERVIEW: Former Asst. Coach Paul Lounsberry on 1st Week of UCF Football Practice

ucf1

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
On this week's Sons of UCF LIVE: We talk UCF Football Media Day.

Plus, we get perspectives from former Assistant Coach Paul Lounsberry after he attended this week's Practices.

All this and more can be found here.

Reactions: tjb74
Sounds like it might be Marshall at RG and Rubelt at RT.
I was thinking Brooks at RG and Marshall at RT.
Hope it all finally comes together for Paul this year. He is very easy to root for.

Hope it all finally comes together for Paul this year. He is very easy to root for.
Most of the preseason depth charts have been calling it. Everything we saw during the spring suggested it. I think Kight, Medley, and Marshall are the top three offensive linemen (perhaps in that order). Rupelt may be the fourth best. Kitler ain't bad.

I think the overall depth is worse than it was last season. Herb Hand said he had never had as many guys who could step up and play as he had last year.

However, the quality of the Oline contributors is probably better than it was last season.

Last edited:
Agree with you on Paul - easy to root for! TT

The Audio Version of this week's Show can be found here.

The Audio Version of this week's Show can be found here.

Trace, you asked Roof a fair question. The obvious answer is Roof is the run game coordinator and Addison, the pass game coordinator. Roof calls the run fits and Addison the coverages. I don't understand why Roof was unforthcoming with information unless he just wants his "defensive coordinator" title to sound like more than it really is.

Gus has set the UCF defense with this format since he arrived in Orlando with Travis Williams calling the fronts and David Gibbs, the overages in 2021 and '22. Ernie Sims called the fronts and Gibbs, the coverages in '23.

TWill set the Arkansas defense up the same way: https://www.arkansasrazorbackfootballcamps.com/coaching-staff.cfm

Travis Williams | Defensive Coordinator
Marcus Woodson | Co-Defensive Coordinator

Woodson spent the last three seasons as the defensive backs coach and defensive passing game coordinator for the Seminoles.

Meanwhile, Bozo the clown was on Twitter trying to tell you that Addison Williams was "just a position coach."

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: ucf1
Trace, you asked Roof a fair question. The obvious answer is Roof is the run game coordinator and Addison, the pass game coordinator. Roof calls the run fits and Addison the coverages. I don't understand why Roof was unforthcoming with information unless he just wants his "defensive coordinator" title to sound like more than it really is.

Gus has set the UCF defense with this format since he arrived in Orlando with Travis Williams calling the fronts and David Gibbs, the overages in 2021 and '22. Ernie Sims called the fronts and Gibbs, the coverages in '23.

TWill set the Arkansas defense up the same way: https://www.arkansasrazorbackfootballcamps.com/coaching-staff.cfm

Travis Williams | Defensive Coordinator
Marcus Woodson | Co-Defensive Coordinator

Woodson spent the last three seasons as the defensive backs coach and defensive passing game coordinator for the Seminoles.

Meanwhile, Bozo the clown was on Twitter trying to tell you that Addison Williams was "just a position coach."

Cracking Up Lol GIF
Thanks for the information. I asked. He answered. Lots of ways to answer the question. Not a trick question. Draw your own conclusions. TT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT