ADVERTISEMENT

Investments

We've been SINK (single income, no kids) for 5 years now, plus I took a major pay cut, so other than existing land investments, plus maxing my Roth IRA, Roth 401K and 401K -- plus my +$6K 'make up' plan begins in just a few more years -- trying to stay 25% bond/money, 25% employer stock (regional bank), 50% stock (about 20% non-Americas).

I miss the crypto bus. That was on me. I also should have put money into Amazon and a few others.

Yuge believer in index funds ~>50-80% of my total allocation, I keep telling myself to tilt more to value and small cap, but meh. This bull is getting a little too long for my liking. Feel like it's greater fool territory so kind of tapering for the next "crash"

I enjoy playing individual stocks so several quasi Berkshire holdings: WFC, KO (naturally), AAPL, then mostly fun short term technical chart plays with a dash of oversold value-ish gut plays like Under Armour for $13.00 (a whopping 15 shares should've been more conviction with that one, ha)

Reactions: UCFhonors
Yukon.jpg

silver and gold

We've been SINK (single income, no kids) for 5 years now, plus I took a major pay cut, so other than existing land investments, plus maxing my Roth IRA, Roth 401K and 401K -- plus my +$6K 'make up' plan begins in just a few more years -- trying to stay 25% bond/money, 25% employer stock (regional bank), 50% stock (about 20% non-Americas).

I miss the crypto bus. That was on me. I also should have put money into Amazon and a few others.
I kick myself over Amazon and crypto as well. I've been thinking of putting $1000 into an ipo or 2 each year hoping one becomes the next unicorn.

I put a big chunk of every paycheck straight into my brokerage account and use dollar cost averaging to buy the same stocks and ETFs. Blue chips, QQQ, XLF, XLE, etc. I have no need for this money any time soon and my tolerance for risk is plenty high in any near term movements. Since 2010 a lot of these are up in the vicinity of 60-90% with some having doubled.

I bought FCX during the collapse in oil prices and it's returned nearly 80% since.

Keep it simple and stop trying to time the market.

I kick myself over Amazon and crypto as well. I've been thinking of putting $1000 into an ipo or 2 each year hoping one becomes the next unicorn.
Probably better putting it all on black. #notracist

I wish I had a surplus of disposable income when I was looking at Netflix, Tesla, and Bitcoin back 10 years ago.

Will you be saying the same about Spotify, DropBox, etc. in another 10 years?
Feel like both of those aren't "moaty" enough. They both have several good enough quality competitors vs. a faceberg. I hope there's a rebellion against them at some point. Rooting for some geek who can make something better.

I put a big chunk of every paycheck straight into my brokerage account and use dollar cost averaging to buy the same stocks and ETFs. Blue chips, QQQ, XLF, XLE, etc. I have no need for this money any time soon and my tolerance for risk is plenty high in any near term movements. Since 2010 a lot of these are up in the vicinity of 60-90% with some having doubled.

I bought FCX during the collapse in oil prices and it's returned nearly 80% since.

Keep it simple and stop trying to time the market.
I put a good amount into my 401k which is a target fund. My brokerage account I'm a bit more risky.

Will you be saying the same about Spotify, DropBox, etc. in another 10 years?
I don't have the same gut feeling about those two. I use onedrive over dropbox. I do love spotify but there is a lot of competition out there and tons of artists that complain of the pay spotify provides... sorta scary.

Max out my Roth TSP in the L2040 funds, add a little extra in a vanguard lifecycle fund. The rest of the savings goes to paying off my house. Approximately equal amounts precious metals for super conservative and crypto for super risky. And some real "precious metals" (lead and brass) for ultra conservative growth (aka SHTF investments). A couple hundred in single stocks of a few companies I like as play money via Robinhood. Free trades FTW.

Yuge believer in index funds ~>50-80% of my total allocation, I keep telling myself to tilt more to value and small cap, but meh. This bull is getting a little too long for my liking. Feel like it's greater fool territory so kind of tapering for the next "crash"

I enjoy playing individual stocks so several quasi Berkshire holdings: WFC, KO (naturally), AAPL, then mostly fun short term technical chart plays with a dash of oversold value-ish gut plays like Under Armour for $13.00 (a whopping 15 shares should've been more conviction with that one, ha)

Smart man. Index funds are the way to go. You’ll get a blend of value and growth stocks too.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Smart man. Index funds are the way to go. You’ll get a blend of value and growth stocks too.
Ever since I moved my Roth to Merrill Edge I’ve 30 free transactions in a month easy enough to swing trade. One of my fav long term holdings, MCHP, channels beautifully ~10% of my position of it I’ll buy and sell intermittently. Early in May noticed it way oversold, in... out last week. Rinse repeat.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Ever since I moved my Roth to Merrill Edge I’ve 30 free transactions in a month easy enough to swing trade. One of my fav long term holdings, MCHP, channels beautifully ~10% of my position of it I’ll buy and sell intermittently. Early in May noticed it way oversold, in... out last week. Rinse repeat.

Have you checked to assure that no Jews or Zionists are running these funds?

TGT sold off bigly in to some nice support ~70, mid May. Nabbed some @ 71.10. Looking to exit at around resistance ~77.60. Easy game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT