ADVERTISEMENT

Invisible dog fences

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
Stupid fuking HOA turned me down for a PVC fence and the iron ones seem like a giant PITA to keep the grass trimmed.

Do they work? About how much did you pay per linear foot?

Stupid fuking HOA turned me down for a PVC fence and the iron ones seem like a giant PITA to keep the grass trimmed.

Do they work? About how much did you pay per linear foot?

Why not just install a traditional wood fence?

It depends on the dog. If your dog is big and fast and like to chase cars, animals, etc. it may end up being more of a way to keep your dog out of your yard. Those kinds of dogs will get a momentary shock as they cross the "fence" at a full sprint, which they may ignore. And then get a deterrent shock as they try to come back into the yard, which will likely not be at full speed.

How are you not allowed to have a fence? God I hate HOAs so much. Its your property, you should be able to do what you want with it.

I remember USFSucks telling me how his neighbors thought his beautiful white vinyl fence was trailer trash shit.

White vinyl fences are nicer than old rotten saggy wood fences. If the wood fence is properly taken care of they're nice, but they never are.

Reactions: jetsaholic
We just moved and I may replace the wood fence within the next 6-12 months. The fence itself is fine but whoever laid it did a shitty job with making the planks equal distance.

Is vinyl cheaper typically than wood or more expensive? Are there any drawbacks? Do they secure in the ground as well as wood?

Wood is cheaper but more maintain every year. Paint/stain fence b4 putting up. After many rentals remodels that is my 2 cents.

Vinyl was 3x more than wood the last time I priced it. You put wood posts in the ground like normal. They have covers for the 4x4s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT