ADVERTISEMENT

IPhone Issue

MaineKnight

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2014
Avalon Park
FIW’s, I have a very convoluted issue I need your advice on how to proceed. Recently my company went through a reorganization and I am on the outside looking in. I have had a company phone for 24 years with the same number. My company will allow me to keep my number but I need to get new service and a new phone. Two weeks ago my FIL passed away and we were able to keep his brand new iPhone 16 Pro. Now here is the issue, although I have access to his email and can unlock his phone I do not have his Apple ID Password. I when to the Apple Store and they directed me to Apple Support. Apple support says that I need the death certificate and a Letter of Administration. I have the death certificate, and I am his executor. However, I googled the Letter of Administration, and what I read was that it HAS to be filed by a lawyer, and it has to be filed within 10 days. The cost to file is like $450. I have attempted to reset the password every way I can think of on the phone to know avail, all efforts require the ID Password or his Credit Card. BTW, He lost his wallet on a Alaskan Cruise three days before he passed. So, I do not have his credit card information.

Anyone have any advice?

My former employer will be turning off my phone any day and I will need to get a new one soon.

Do I just bite the bullet and buy a new phone? Also, any recommendations on service provider?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.