ADVERTISEMENT

IQ scores dropping for first time in U.S.

As evidenced by scores of people in here throughout the years, I am not quite sure the IQ threshold was very high to begin with...

Well.., if UCFBS wasn’t blowing people’s brains out, IQ scores would be higher. I heard that having a brain is somewhat related to IQ scores.

You're probably right.

In the past we didn't have social media around which -- like it or not -- gives us a first-hand look at how incredibly stupid some folks are.
Part of it is due to social media...Instead of trying to learn things, many are wanting to be mindlessly entertained...Add to that social media bubbles, where group think is encouraged and different ideas are demonized and opposing facts are disregarded...Especially harmful with young people...

Part of it is due to social media...Instead of trying to learn things, many are wanting to be mindlessly entertained...Add to that social media bubbles, where group think is encouraged and different ideas are demonized and opposing facts are disregarded...Especially harmful with young people...
Knowledge and intelligence are not the same thing.

In the past we didn't have social media around which -- like it or not -- gives us a first-hand look at how incredibly stupid some folks are.
Agreed... Funny and sad at the same time.

I also believe social media has taken an unfortunate toll on human decency and tolerance... Similar to the keyboard warrior effect.

Well 99% of teachers are liberals teaching people which gender they should be. Theres your problem
Source? Maybe in an extremely pro-Democrat district, but even then, that is a very high number. Diverse backgrounds and perspectives make this country great... Just need to get back to a productive level of tolerance and respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT