ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone else experiencing UCF-clickbait fatigue?

Knight Strength

Golden Knight
Feb 2, 2018
Torello is the recent worst. This guy just keeps using the same recipe. He takes a swing at UCF while also mentioning usf, suggesting usf is in some way better...clicks and comments follow. Then the next day he props up UCF and jabs at usf. Its probably every day at this point. This is journalism. I won't link his stuff to limit feeding into it.

Even upstarts are trying this.

Somebody tell them "These people don't give a s***!"

Reactions: UCFBS and Endeavor.
Wow I did not know about the clickbait but I do know that one dude on twitter CanesLegacy/Tony Canes has an unhealthy obsession with UCF.

If you don’t follow him you shouldn’t see it. I don’t see this stuff. Nor do I care to. Just because it says UCF, doesn’t make me want to click it.

Just shows our Internet P5 prowess.

Last edited:
When I first joined rivals, as a student in 2010/11, people on here would go crazy anytime a story about us got published (not counting the OS)

That was only 8-9 years ago.

Don't underestimate the "jealous of all the attention" factor.

I used to live in Virginia and the jealousy across-the-board between instate institutions like UVa, Virginia Tech, William & Mary, Old Dominion, James Madison, George Mason, etc. was truly eye-opening. You'd think that there was more than enough love to go around yet the grousing about JMU when former-Maryland coach, Lefty Driscell went there to be its new basketball coach or when George Mason made its NCAA tourney run was interesting to observe. You'd think alumni of UVa, of all schools, would be above such pettiness, but I saw it happen.

Truth is, UCF has gotten more-than-a-little national attention over the last couple of years. That's supposed to be the exclusive domain of the Big Boy Florida Schools, right? So it's no surprise to me that fans of UF, FSU, USF, and Miami are grousing about your school. The fact that some are trying to clickbait you should be viewed as the ultimate sign of flattery: The Big Boys are jealous of the national attention you're getting!!! hehehe

Looks like you've made it!!! :)

Last edited:
Truth is, UCF has gotten more-than-a-little national attention over the last couple of years. That's supposed to be the exclusive domain of the Big Boy Florida Schools, right?
Two years isn't enough to warrant anything more than a great run.
Two more years of undefeated seasons is needed to be mentioned among the Florida elites for life.

Reactions: Endeavor.
Two years isn't enough to warrant anything more than a great run.
Two more years of undefeated seasons is needed to be mentioned among the Florida elites for life.
While I hope you're right, the odds are definitely NOT in your favor. (But that makes it all the more special if you can.) But the reality is your schedules are getting harder AND UCF now has a giant bullseye on its back when it plays every single one of its opponents.

Honestly though, if you can keep your conference championship streak going and keep you win totals in double-digits, that will more than do the trick.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
While I hope you're right, the odds are definitely NOT in your favor. (But that makes it all the more special if you can.) But the reality is your schedules are getting harder AND UCF now has a giant bullseye on its back when it plays every single one of its opponents.

Honestly though, if you can keep your conference championship streak going and keep you win totals in double-digits, that will more than do the trick.
Not sure about the "AND" in your "schedules getting harder" mention. Look at our scheduling in 2013 when we joined the BE/AAC, then 2014, etc.

Our opponents aren't better now, but we do have a target and the team loves it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT