ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me, or is our stadium lighting sub-par?

I had the thought at the last game that it was very dark over the seating in the north endzone. I suppose as long as it's lit nicely on the field that's all that ultimately matters but I thought it looked strange.

I have been to a lot of stadiums for night games with my dSLRs and f/2.8 and f/1.4 lenses.
So yes, I can confirm, we're pretty low illumination in comparison to 90%+.

@Brandon might have some input too, but he's usually on-the-field, where the more immediate illumination can be a bit brighter.
But still, there might be some comparative differential he can comment on between Spectrum and others.

It’s our built in Home Field Advantage. Similar to Boise’s blue field. What are you guys missing?[banana]

It's makes for a good show though when the camera lights are on in the stands during zombie nation. If we improved the lighting, the effect wouldn't be the same.

All the GOATs do it.

136623167.0_standard_352.0.jpg

No that’s what it should be. Spotlight on what you’re there for.

Ding!!

UCF has a special lighting system where ALL the light is focus on the field vs "spillage" over into surrounding areas (no need to "light" extra in end zone stands, etc...or spill over outside of the stadium).

Just like the LA Coliseum has...their lighting is focused on the field...with "dark" stands, especially end zones.

Similar to certain NBA Arenas...where the cool ones have "theater" style lighting where all the lighting is focused on the court...while other NBA Arenas have the entire arena lit like a stage and the court doesn't seem special.

CFE Arena's lighting is somewhat similar to theater lighting...as there are not wasted lights "lighting" up the 2nd level sections.

Ding!!

UCF has a special lighting system where ALL the light is focus on the field vs "spillage" over into surrounding areas (no need to "light" extra in end zone stands, etc...or spill over outside of the stadium).

Just like the LA Coliseum has...their lighting is focused on the field...with "dark" stands, especially end zones.

Similar to certain NBA Arenas...where the cool ones have "theater" style lighting where all the lighting is focused on the court...while other NBA Arenas have the entire arena lit like a stage and the court doesn't seem special.

CFE Arena's lighting is somewhat similar to theater lighting...as there are not wasted lights "lighting" up the 2nd level sections.
Our field is dim...in case you haven't noticed.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
It happens, even if LED lights are known to last longer than incandescent lights, it happens to break one or they can break by themselves. Happily, because those lights are pricey than regular incandescent lights, if it breaks for no reason while it is on warranty, you can replace it. If your warranty expired, you can search for other lights on the internet. I've recently bought for myself some par light bulbs to put in my garden and I am pleased with everything.

Last edited:
It seems like we need at least 2 more lighting clusters, one in the middle on each side of the stadium.

Thoughts?
There is a Lumen Spread map showing lumens in each grid of the field, and an aiming instruction for each light. The lights must be working, and aimed correctly to have the approved lighting. I am using a twenty-five year old memory, so close counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT