ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Or has this season kind of been pretty boring for college football? We never had an upset saturday, in fact there was really only two crazy upsets all season: Purdue over OSU and ODU over Vatech. The top 10 has been pretty much the same teams since about week 3. There is no cinderella team that came out of nowhere and shook things up. Crap, you could make the case that Kentucky is the biggest surprise team this year, and that isnt saying much. Wisconsin is probably the closest thing to being a total disappointment and they are still 2nd in their division and will go to a bowl game. Even the Heisman trophy has been pretty much decided since September.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Or has this season kind of been pretty boring for college football? We never had an upset saturday, in fact there was really only two crazy upsets all season: Purdue over OSU and ODU over Vatech. The top 10 has been pretty much the same teams since about week 3. There is no cinderella team that came out of nowhere and shook things up. Crap, you could make the case that Kentucky is the biggest surprise team this year, and that isnt saying much. Wisconsin is probably the closest thing to being a total disappointment and they are still 2nd in their division and will go to a bowl game. Even the Heisman trophy has been pretty much decided since September.
Stanford was supposed to be good and Love a Heisman contender. Neither happened. Pitt was supposed to be flat out terrible. Northwestern playing in B1G CG? Nebraska winning only 4 games with their savior? Arizona State with an NFL coach being decent. FAU was supposed to be good. Wazzu this good? Shall I go on? Oh and UCF keeps winning. Not boring for us.

Reactions: Nautiknight
Stanford was supposed to be good and Love a Heisman contender. Neither happened. Pitt was supposed to be flat out terrible. Northwestern playing in B1G CG? Nebraska winning only 4 games with their savior? Arizona State with an NFL coach being decent. FAU was supposed to be good. Wazzu this good? Shall I go on? Oh and UCF keeps winning. Not boring for us.
Stanford is 6-4, ASU is 6-5, neither are totally crazy records. WSUs best win is over Utah. The O/U for Nebraska was 5.5, so not far off. Northwestern is only a surprise because Wisconsin isnt as good as advertised but they would have been 2nd or 3rd in their division anyway.

I'm just saying that the unexpected this year isn't like the unexpected of most years.

Reactions: bluechip12
This. I actually predicted 6-6. They HAVE to be Iowa Friday, otherwise, I’m not believing the hype

Its a transition year with a true freshman qb, and its likely that every team that Nebraska lost to will be bowl eligible. In retrospect, it hasnt been that surprising of a season.

Its a transition year with a true freshman qb, and its likely that every team that Nebraska lost to will be bowl eligible. In retrospect, it hasnt been that surprising of a season.
Almost the entire fanbase predicted 7-5 or better. They were supposed to have talent.

So far the wins were vs FCS BCU, a terrible Minnesota team with no defense, Illinois who just lost 63-0 to Iowa, and a mediocre Michigan State team 9-6 at home. An ugly win

This would be their signature win. The loss of Morgan and Devine Ozigbo is going to hurt.
Oh, then there’s the loss of Tre Neal. The player that NGEbraska fans said wouldn’t start because he’s from UCF

Chaos is coming this week!

It's been a dry season for the unexpected, but this weekend may be crazy enough to make up for the year.

Especially if:

Notre Dame L
Oklahoma L
Washington state L
Georgia L
LSU L
Michigan L

Oklahoma, LSU, Washington St are 50/50. The others are very slim.

Here's to the unexpected!!!

Reactions: G-Knight and Mikesi
I agree with OP. I think all the preseason media coverage makes for few surprises. Alabama has been ranked #1 for over a year and Tua has been the leading Heisman candidate for over a year. And with the exception of UCFs climb, there hasn't been any stories or upsets that have caught my eye.

I agree overall the season has been boring, the NFL has been more entertaining which is unusual for the first half of their season.

UCF is the only unique and new storyline & most College Football fans are rooting against us. The Bama Dynasty is boring

The CFI committee will put in a 1 loss OSU that knocked off #4 before they put us in, you can bet on that. Really it doesn't matter, we need Northwestern to win the big ten.
I would be surprised if Michigan didn’t win.

I would be surprised if Michigan didn’t win.
I'm going against the consensus on this one. I think Ohio State finally found their offense against a pretty good Maryland team. Michigan's defense is overrated. Think Ohio State will win by a good margin. The bigger the better.

Reactions: Mikesi
What have you been watching? We had two weeks in a row where more than 10 ranked teams lost each have week. It's been total chaos....just not at the very top, because they keep taking care of business. There will be more upsets this weekend.

What have you been watching? We had two weeks in a row where more than 10 ranked teams lost each have week. It's been total chaos....just not at the very top, because they keep taking care of business. There will be more upsets this weekend.

Its the very top that matters. Nobody cares if a 4-2 team loses to a 2-4 team and drops out of the top 25. Its when a top 5 team gets knocked off unexpectedly that we have real chaos.

Not sure if 60% of the teams being wrong is what you mean but I think that’s a topsy turvy year.

Interesting year. Kentucky was making a case but they didnt pass the eye test and the two losses in a row proved it. its all about UCF and the streak really.
Im sure fans in Utah are rooting for a Utah State breakout.
If i'm not mistaken, we need to avenge our 2001 loss to them on the road.

Since the first game of the season, 60% of the top 10 is still in the top 10 and another is ranked 12th.

Reactions: Lurky
There are teams that lose and then move down like 2 spots. Really buffers the feeling of chaos when certain teams are allowed to lose with minimal consequence.

Where is your boy Blackshirt? I am owed a G!

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT