ADVERTISEMENT

Is Mariota an elite NFL QB prospect?

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
Kind of interesting would be taking Amari Cooper and putting him opposite Mike Evans.

Evans is a FREAK and Cooper looks like he is in the same class as Evans.

I don't care who the QB is, you're going to move the ball with those 2 guys on the field.
I wish Cooper would go to Jax so Blake has a real target. The Jags could basically spin a wheel to figure out what position to draft, so that's up in the air. Evans and Cooper would be quite the duo. Kind of like Jones and White for the Falcons a few years back (when White was healthy).

Originally posted by Happy Hands:

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
Kind of interesting would be taking Amari Cooper and putting him opposite Mike Evans.

Evans is a FREAK and Cooper looks like he is in the same class as Evans.

I don't care who the QB is, you're going to move the ball with those 2 guys on the field.
I wish Cooper would go to Jax so Blake has a real target. The Jags could basically spin a wheel to figure out what position to draft, so that's up in the air. Evans and Cooper would be quite the duo. Kind of like Jones and White for the Falcons a few years back (when White was healthy).
I'm worried about Blake. Not bc of his work ethic which everyone has said is great but bc of the worry that the Jags will never do anything right. They had one of the worst Olines in history and they desperately need to address that not only through the draft but in free agency. They also need to get the OC hire right. Tampa for example may be a 'small market' team but they seem to have way more success in convincing free agents and coaches to agree to work for the Bucs. I heard Jacksonville is having trouble getting coaches to take the OC job....

Originally posted by bignow:
Another Johny Football vs Blake comparison. One was professional and safe the other had crazy talent but no moral compass. Mariotta is the safe bet
Posted from Rivals Mobile
The difference is Blake has a larger upside, and is the more proffessional safe pick. Winston who is the immature one has the most upside.

Chris06, I see your points. I have a feeling the Bucs end up not liking either and end up trading the pick. However, people are comparing Mariotta's style to RGIII. But I don't see that. I think Mariotta adaptable to both pro-style and spread and can be coached. He's just been in the spread longer. But his first instincts aren't to take off. He's got size, speed and is tough, so he will if it makes sense. People tend to forget Winston's great comebacks were due to his INTs that played a big part. Maybe the Bucs look at Cooper and then grab a QB later or free agency. Who knows.

Like I said a year ago. He won't fail for lack of talent or off field issues. He's going to fail because he was unfortunate enough to be drafted by the Bucs. They've never had a franchise QB and never will until they get a competent ownership group.

Bucs go 9-7 this season with Jameis, earn a wild card spot. When it happens, I don't expect any of you to acknowledge or apologize.

The Bucs lost freaking 9 games by a score or less last year. They were a few plays away from being an 8-11 win team, as crazy as that may sound.

They also played most of the year with a banged up defense, no real QB, and an OLine that sucked. They shored up the Oline in the draft, the defense looks completely healthy now, and Winston will have Jackson and Evans to throw to.

It's not crazy to think the Bucs could at least contend for a playoff spot.

Reactions: jetsaholic
Bucs go 9-7 this season with Jameis, earn a wild card spot. When it happens, I don't expect any of you to acknowledge or apologize.

As long as Hall hauls in several passes, I'd be good with it although, I won't acknowledge shit or apologize.

Reactions: jetsaholic
The Bucs lost freaking 9 games by a score or less last year. They were a few plays away from being an 8-11 win team, as crazy as that may sound.

They also played most of the year with a banged up defense, no real QB, and an OLine that sucked. They shored up the Oline in the draft, the defense looks completely healthy now, and Winston will have Jackson and Evans to throw to.

It's not crazy to think the Bucs could at least contend for a playoff spot.

I give you the only fumble better than the but fumble...
jameis-falling.gif

Reactions: crambone
As long as Hall hauls in several passes, I'd be good with it although, I won't acknowledge shit or apologize.

The Bucs only dressed 6 starters last year. They've already got those guys back and pegged, and there's 3-4 guys ahead of Hall trying to find a spot that may not even exist.

I doubt Hall makes it.

The Bucs only dressed 6 starters last year. They've already got those guys back and pegged, and there's 3-4 guys ahead of Hall trying to find a spot that may not even exist.

I doubt Hall makes it.

That would be really disappointing. Besides, who am I kidding, I watched the Bucs last year, the year before, the year before that,.... I'll be watching them this year again along with Jacksonville.

Winston is going to throw a lot of picks next season.

Agreed. He's got a couple of decent receivers so I don't think he will surpass Blake in his rookie season. Although if he does it's simply because he starts more games.

The NFC South is weak this year. Tampa has a chance to own it. And Jameis ain't Geno, he'll be fine.

And on that note, I'm happy that Geno finally got somebody to intercept all of the passes he's going to throw to the defense.

I see you, Brandon Marshall. I fukcing see you.

Winston has WAY more weapons than Bortles did last year with Jax. TB had the best rookie WR in the league in Mike Evans and a veteran big time WR in Vincent Jackson. Beyond that they've got a pretty good group of RBs that could really take the pressure off if the OLine can get it together, which I think they can given the new guys coming in.

Personally I don't think Winston will be asked to throw that much this year. Love Smith loves playing defense and running the ball. If they can run the ball then Winston will have a lot of easy play action passes open.

Bortles had one of the worst OLines I've ever seen, no real threats at WR, and a running game that basically didn't exist. He was being hit or hurried nearly every play.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If the bucs go to the playoffs it will be because of the Tulsa alum at head coach, not the former student at QB from FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT