ADVERTISEMENT

Is REVENGE part of Charlie Strong's game plan?

Jedi.Knight

Bronze Knight
Apr 21, 2008
In one of the most epic drives in UCF football history, Bortles to Godfrey wiped out any chances of an undefeated season at Louisville in 2013. A few months later, he would ride into the Texas sunset to disastrous results. Should we make it to Black Friday, Charlie would no doubt love to return the favor--as coach of our most hated enemy no less.

10:30-11:00

I think it will be Frost getting revenge for USF running hurry up to score a needless touchdown on the last play of the game in 2016 to run the score up.
True, but from the reports of their midfield hand shake it seems more like a personal vendetta that Coach Frost would want to take out on Willie Taggart directly, regardless of the school.

Reported midfield exchange:
Coach Frost: "I'm gonna remember this."
Coach Taggart: "Yeah, me too." (with an evil grin on his face)

I hope that's what Strong is focused on - 2013 - as we blow his doors off in 2017.

Frost remembers USF running up the score last year. Taggart was known for that. There may be a few of last year's coaches remaining at USF. We can take it out on those coaches, the players and the CFP jokers

Additionally, Strong certainly remembers 2013, as that game just killed Louisville's season

Call it the revenge game for many many reasons!

Replace "revenge" with "incompetence" and you will have it right....best team lost my ass....

Could be. If O'Leary was still on the sidelines it could be a bigger factor. Strong has no ax to grind against Frost. I think Charlie will walk into the Spectrum with a sold out stadium and get all butt hurt his team could never do that at their rented stadium . After they lose he will look for a job at the Burger King on Dale Mabry.

Strong can use this as motivation but i doubt he really cared. He probably thought he can go to Texas, afford to lose a game unlike his last year with Louisville although they were moving up to the same level the next year.
He shouldve never left....but its Texas...the house that Vince Young built.

Could be. If O'Leary was still on the sidelines it could be a bigger factor. Strong has no ax to grind against Frost. I think Charlie will walk into the Spectrum with a sold out stadium and get all butt hurt his team could never do that at their rented stadium . After they lose he will look for a job at the Burger King on Dale Mabry.
I think Charlie could do better than that; maybe a bouncer at Mons Venus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT