ADVERTISEMENT

It’s time for us to part ways with Grandpa Boom

Bring Back Wackadoos

Four-Star Recruit
Mar 15, 2023
Why the hell is RJ returning kicks!?!? This is completely unacceptable. The most important player on the roster, and you’re risking him getting hurt on special teams!? How many athletes do we have on the roster buried, getting no playing time? And he refuses to let anyone else get any reps. That’s why kids transfer, disgusting.

What in the world was that call before the half accepting the penalty on the Gators when we had them off the field attempting a FG. But instead, Gus accepts the penalty, gives them another shot on 3rd down, and of course they convert (and score a TD heading into the half).

The game moves too fast for the old man. The team gets the ball coming out of the half and runs the ball 11 of first 12 plays (down three touchdowns). Down multiple scores, they continued to huddle after every play, taking 20-25 seconds off the clock after each RUN. We can’t ‘no huddle’ anymore? He didn’t coach a single player in-game. No side conversations, no hands-on instruction. Just the iPad walking back and forth. I am so done giving my money to that program until Grandpa Boom is gone.

I was on the field yesterday, you could see in the eyes of his assistant coaches that they don’t buy in. You could see in the eyes of our offensive back-ups on the sidelines (Brown, Colson, Rizk) that a) they were frustrated with their roles and b) they didn’t want to play in that offense anyway.

Making a change in leadership could save the roster. The Democrats replaced Biden as their nominee, UCF may need to respectfully nudge Gus into retirement in the same manner. I kid, I kid - not trying to argue politics. But I’m just saying…

Until then, it’s Boom and Doom.

Last edited:
UCF is 3-2. 3 ugly wins and 2 ugly losses. 'grandpa boom' is funny.

Nobody likes losing but losing is part of the game. How you respond to losing is on you. For me, I stepped back on getting too emotional on the games and looking at it as just entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. Plus, going to just win money on betting against UCF football. that way I lose and win! :p

Beat the Bearcats, by at least 3.5 points!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT