ADVERTISEMENT

It's not your grandfather's college football anymore when...

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
...when, Arizona looks like a more challenging game than the Gators in the swamp...

UCF 2024 schedule:

New hampshire
Sam Houston
@Florida
@Arizona State
@Iowa State
@TCU
@West Virginia
Arizona
BYU
Utah
Colorado
Cincinnati
ADD YOUR OWN, Not Your Grandfather's College Football anymore when ___________. :p

Reactions: PositYourself
...when, Arizona looks like a more challenging game than the Gators in the swamp...

UCF 2024 schedule:

New hampshire
Sam Houston
@Florida
@Arizona State
@Iowa State
@TCU
@West Virginia
Arizona
BYU
Utah
Colorado
Cincinnati
ADD YOUR OWN, Not Your Grandfather's College Football anymore when ___________. :p
when the No. 2 nationally ranked cornerback prospect for the Class of 2021 leaves a two-time defending national championship winning team to play at Perdue University.

(Yes, I spelt it "Perdue.")

6328_Perd_GrndChicken_98Lean_ITD062023_PK_FV_clean_640.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Central Floridave
Tennessee lost in the Swamp this season. it is still a tough place to play , especially at night

UF has had several long lean periods.....when I was in HS they were pretty bad.

In my book, WHO you play is only part of the equation when assessing schedules. Another key factor is WHEN you play them.

Four straight road games is absolutely ridiculous---especially with three of them being cross-country flights.

I doubt you can find many of the elite teams who've ever been asked to play more than two back-to-back road games, let alone FOUR-in-a-row.

4 straight road games followed by 5 straight home games. What an odd schedule. It’s almost like a bunch of new schools just joined the conference with less than a year to plan… oh wait, that is what happened

In my book, WHO you play is only part of the equation when assessing schedules. Another key factor is WHEN you play them.

Four straight road games is absolutely ridiculous---especially with three of them being cross-country flights.

I doubt you can find many of the elite teams who've ever been asked to play more than two back-to-back road games, let alone FOUR-in-a-row.
That’s not the order. No dates and times released yet. Just opponent and location.

when the No. 2 nationally ranked cornerback prospect for the Class of 2021 leaves a two-time defending national championship winning team to play at Perdue University.

(Yes, I spelt it "Perdue.")

6328_Perd_GrndChicken_98Lean_ITD062023_PK_FV_clean_640.jpg
Auburn hired Colorado DC? Did they watch Colorado defense?

UCF 2024 schedule:

New hampshire
Sam Houston
@Florida
@Arizona State
@Iowa State
@TCU
@West Virginia
Arizona
BYU
Utah
Colorado
Cincinnati
remove the word" college" and substitute "professional"

While 7 home games is great, 5 straight away games asinine. Hey Siri, remind me...

4 straight road games followed by 5 straight home games. What an odd schedule. It’s almost like a bunch of new schools just joined the conference with less than a year to plan… oh wait, that is what happened

Are you all on drugs?

The date and time are TBA after the first three but one would assume the order is correct.
No dude. The order is not correct.

TBA means what?

When have you ever heard of a team playing 5 straight games at home along with 4 straight on the road? Never.

Not happening. I'll eat my ass if it does.

Reactions: KRH55
Auburn hired Colorado DC? Did they watch Colorado defense?
Just the facts...

On "paper" it looks like a good hire. He is a two-time national championship-winning coordinator. Games aren't played on paper.

Gus turned him down TWICE for the DC position at Auburn.

TBA means what?
To Be Announced as to the time -- and in some cases -- the day (Thursday, Friday, or Saturday) depending on TV.

I will admit its a screwed-up schedule if the order is correct. But why list an order if the order has yet to be determined? It confuses a hell of a lot more than it helps.

No dude. The order is not correct.

TBA means what?

When have you ever heard of a team playing 5 straight games at home along with 4 straight on the road? Never.

Not happening. I'll eat my ass if it does.
The OP doesn't say TBD or TBA. The first three look accurate so the inference is that the OP order is actual. If the link lists the game dates as TBA then fair enough, that makes more sense. Now if you'll excuse me I have a dragon to chase.

Reactions: DaShuckster
New Hampshire and Sam Houston? That’s lame. Maybe one of those, but not both. Maybe if we lose one of those, Gus gets fired.

My grandfather went to U Penn in the early 1920s and I think they had leather helmets , didn't wear pads or cups to protect their junk. They played on fields of mud and everyone held up a Triangle flag thingy, a penent I believe it was called. They played like 7 or 8 games. Back then the world was only in black and white or sepia if the sun was just right. So , no , today's version of college football is not my grandfather's version of college football.

• Haha
there is no State pride . Georgia feels like the flagship for the State’s top players these days

30 years ago moving away was different than now. If someone moved away the only interaction with home might be a phone call once a week. Seeing them a few times a year, family rarely getting to see a game on TV.

Last edited:
30 years ago moving away was different than now. If someone moved away the only interaction with home might be a phone call once a week. Seeing them a few times a year, family rarely getting to see a game on TV.
yeah FaceTime just feels better than the old fashion phone call . and w nil money flowing family can go to almost every home game if they want I am guessing

Not Your Grandfather's College Football anymore when your AD gives a giant bonus to a HC that just got humiliated after a giant lead. (just really hate that and can't let it go.)

Not Your Grandfather's College Football anymore when... the player you were so excited you had a celebration when he 'signed' with your team..... is now playing for your rival. (Celiscar is actually a 19.5% chance of bulls peed ahead?)

OH dear God here's hoping we have an actual QB or TImmy is much, much, much better next year. 2 puffs and the Gators. Yep they may be poo now-a-days but a loss in season says far more than a bowl game. Timmy has yet to show he can come close to win a game. Get real everyone, no one really cares about a bowl game (except me)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT