ADVERTISEMENT

ITT: Brag about your Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals

Bought a TV with my sister/BIL for about 40℅ for my mom and step dad's Christm... errrr winter holiday present.

Roundtrip from Tallahassee to Paris, then Paris to Casablanca for $1840 in business class on Air France. That's a savings of $4100.00.

Reactions: ProAttitude
Business class at that price. Yeah, I'll eat the cheese and crackers for breakfast to sleep in a fold down with Givenchy bedding any day.

Business class at that price. Yeah, I'll eat the cheese and crackers for breakfast to sleep in a fold down with Givenchy bedding any day.

I was mostly joking. But AF Business Class truly is a joke. Most of their planes still have the tiny TVs that pop out of the armrests. When leaving Atlanta, with a plane full of Americans, they still can't figure out how to stock bourbon and instead only have scotch on hand to serve. You wake up for breakfast and their entire offering is a croissant. Eggs? Nope, can't do it!

and if you don't eat their horrid French dinner, the flight attendants cop an attitude.

I was mostly joking. But AF Business Class truly is a joke. Most of their planes still have the tiny TVs that pop out of the armrests. When leaving Atlanta, with a plane full of Americans, they still can't figure out how to stock bourbon and instead only have scotch on hand to serve. You wake up for breakfast and their entire offering is a croissant. Eggs? Nope, can't do it!

and if you don't eat their horrid French dinner, the flight attendants cop an attitude.

I've flown Air France a couple times and have only had good experiences. The TVs were on seat backs and the food was good, definitely waaaaaay better than anything I've ever had on a domestic carrier.

Samsung 55" Curved 4K TV - $699 + $70 Best Buy Gift Card. Loving it so far.
I saw that. Not sure I want a curved tv. I'm in the market for a new one. Our 8 year old plasma finally crapped out. I think I will go with a Samsung 55 regular flat screen. What are the advantages of a curved screen?

Reactions: ProAttitude
I saw that. Not sure I want a curved tv. I'm in the market for a new one. Our 8 year old plasma finally crapped out. I think I will go with a Samsung 55 regular flat screen. What are the advantages of a curved screen?

There aren't huge advantages to be honest, gives a bit more depth to the picture when you are watching and the viewing angles seems to be better. Looks cool too.

I will recommend that TV (or the flat version as well) though. GREAT picture quality and the Smart TV functions are quick and top notch.

They totally re-did AF Biz and Le Premiere last year. Curious about improvements.

I got 30% off one of the new Nike Dri-Fit shirts int he UCF Shop with free shipping, so I was glad about that.

65" LG 4K HDR etc. etc. from Target, was on sale for $799 and we bought the Sunday before Thanksgiving or whichever day was their 10% off all electronics in their 10 days of deals so I guess not actually Black Friday. Put it on their Red Card and got another 5% off, ended up paying about $725 with tax.

It replaced a 46" Sharp Aquos we got in 2007. The picture is great and I never thought that 46" TV would look as tiny as it did when we took the 65" out of the box.

65" LG 4K HDR etc. etc. from Target, was on sale for $799 and we bought the Sunday before Thanksgiving or whichever day was their 10% off all electronics in their 10 days of deals so I guess not actually Black Friday. Put it on their Red Card and got another 5% off, ended up paying about $725 with tax.

It replaced a 46" Sharp Aquos we got in 2007. The picture is great and I never thought that 46" TV would look as tiny as it did when we took the 65" out of the box.

Nice. My neighbor went from a 60 to 65 inch and paid $850. That I don't get.

Reactions: DHodges34
Nice. My neighbor went from a 60 to 65 inch and paid $850. That I don't get.
Yeah, for us the main driver was actually weight, in our new home the main TV goes over a fireplace which has no studs above it. The old one weighed almost 90# so it's been just leaning against the fireplace for two months. The new one is 53# and while I still wasn't thrilled with the idea of not going into studs I used those snap toggles and used extras so I'm only at a fraction of the recommended weight.

That being said, I don't plan on buying another TV for 8-10 years so I went with the biggest one they had in the store.

Oh wow, with HDR? That is an amazing deal. HDR TV's are usually all over $1K. Especially for 65".

Oh wow, with HDR? That is an amazing deal. HDR TV's are usually all over $1K. Especially for 65".
Yep, it's this one, we pretty much lucked into the sale, we were there to pick up a couple chairs my wife had ordered online and they had signs up about the 10% off all electronics so that sealed the deal. The ONLY thing I'm not 100% sold on is the silver frame but I can definitely live with it.

http://www.target.com/p/lg-65in-class-flat-panel-tv-2160p-120-hz-black-65uh6090/-/A-51312450

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT