ADVERTISEMENT

ITT: Make the case for your candidate without denigrating the opposition

I'm currently in eastern Tennessee, Smoky Mountains, aka Trump Land.

Virtually impossible in the business world.

And, I'm writing in my wife for president. She's the only one I know I can trust.
YouMaySay1_560.jpg

Reactions: UCFhonors
OK. I am truly an undecided voter right now. I've been traditionally a GOP supporter, but can't really get much behind Trump. I can't really get much behind Clinton either.

So please give me your best pitch as to why I should vote for Trump or Clinton ITT

But there's one catch - you cannot use anything in your argument that compares him/her to the other candidate. I don't want the arguments to be "well you can't vote for ___ because he/she is ____." That's not a reason to vote FOR someone. Give me your best pitch as to why your candidate is worthy of the job.

Go!
I have had more than a few political conversations with friends who have a similar voting background as you (and me). I have tried to point out the benefits of a Johnson vote, but they always dig in their heels because of Johnsons stance on open immigration. I don't think I have swayed any of them.

At least for me, if a disagreement on immigration policy is the biggest negative I have on a candidate, that's a problem I can live with.

I have had more than a few political conversations with friends who have a similar voting background as you (and me). I have tried to point out the benefits of a Johnson vote, but they always dig in their heels because of Johnsons stance on open immigration. I don't think I have swayed any of them.

At least for me, if a disagreement on immigration policy is the biggest negative I have on a candidate, that's a problem I can live with.

Your friends hate the Statue of Liberty?

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I can easily say Supreme Court nominees for Clinton as well but of course, that is just a personal choice in what you believe in. I personally do not want Roe v Wade overturned, or my right to marry overturned among other things.

Through all these emails coming out and I am sure many of you will disagree, what I see is a woman who does want to do well for her country and has struggled with a lot of hard choices she has had to make. Politics is obviously a dirty, complex world and I think she has tried to do what she thinks is best for the American public (just because you disagree with her views doesn't mean it's "wrong").

To people who think you can just #DraintheSwamp and all will be well, that's not realistic. Even if you got rid of EVERYONE, the same thing will happen, just with new people.
Actually it would be worse and would be akin to what we're seeing in the FL legislature, which is now term-limited - the lobbyists would have a lot of the power and control the information. If you think having lobbyists write bills for Congress is bad now, wait until you see how bad it gets if all the incumbents get voted out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT