ADVERTISEMENT

ITT: Things you invented after they already existed

DHodges34

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2003
- When I was about 11 or whenever Creepy Crawlers were all the rage I tried mixing the goo from a glow in the dark necklace or glow stick with the Creepy Crawler mix to make them glow. Later that week my friends and I saw a commercial for glow in the dark Creepy Crawlers.

- Sometime in late elementary school we had an assignment on how we would solve world hunger and poverty. My idea was that as long as you had a job you'd get a certificate that would allow you to get a house and a car and be able to get enough food for your family etc. There would be no money and it wouldn't matter what kind of job you had just that you were a contributor. I got an A on the assignment then my Dad read it and said I had just described Communism and wanted to call the school until my Mom talked him out of it. Possibly the most disappointed he's ever been in me.

The self powering turnstile. Back in 2009/2010 I had a genius idea to basically hook up a coil to a turnstile at themeparks / metro / anywhere else that gets a lot of foot traffic to produce electricity that could either be pumped back into the grid or used to power the turnstile itself. I got so far as to trying to analyzing if it was feasible in terms of the amount of power generated vs cost and doing a patent search. Then I saw that the exact same device was debuting at the China Olympics.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT