ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville Shooting

bqknight

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2009
at Madden event. There’s audio of the live stream from the even online. Had to turn it off. Horrifying.

And now we start the all too familiar wait to find out if this was terrorism or mental health issues.

Last edited:
Shooter was someone who lost in the tourney according to the LA Times.

Had a weapon with a laser sight and brought it with him.

Can any idiot buy and calibrate a lazer sight for their gun?

Just like in the past! Society is no more fuked up than before! They just didn't have the internet back then!
You don't need the internet to become a mass shooter. Yes, society has always been plagued wirh issues but the lack of humanity by everyday individuals is something that is somewhat of a new occurrence in American society.

You don't need the internet to become a mass shooter. Yes, society has aleays been plagued wirh issues but the lack if humanity by everyday individuals is something that is somewhat of a new occurrence in society.

I was being facetious since the usual suspects here always claim that young people today are no more violent than they were in the past. They always claim that we just see everything since we have the interwebz! They refuse to admit that modern society is a cesspool of shit and horrid values that is creating these monsters.

I was being facetious since the usual suspects here always claim that young people today are no more violent than they were in the past. They always claim that we just see everything since we have the interwebz! They refuse to admit that modern society is a cesspool of shit and horrid values that is creating these monsters.
In that case, consider my response to be an official co-sign of your original post.

If only more people these days would donate to child rapists.

They aren't. Modern society is absolutely better than in the past. You are an absolute fuking mentally ill moron if you try to blame this on "society today".

Reactions: bluechip12
I love how 85 et al always try to blame this on "godless society". Well they used to until I pointed out that the countries with the highest rates of atheism also have the lowest rates of mass shootings. Of course they also have the strictest gun control laws, but I'm sure that is completely unrelated. Its obviously because we don't have Jesus!

extremely sad that this had to happen over a damn video game tournament. ive participated in dozens of them. i think part of the problem can be attributed to the participation trophy generation. kids just dont know what it is to be a gracious loser anymore.

Apparently the shooter had diagnosed mental issues. When he was a kid, he was under psychiatric care and was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Apparently the shooter had diagnosed mental issues. When he was a kid, he was under psychiatric care and was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications.

Which brings you to the real problem. The mental health and health care advocates will never allow the treatment of their patients to become public or be caused to restrict rights. They are too afraid that people won't seek the help they need if there are negative consequences.

So how do you get guns out of the hands of the crazies? This kid, the batman movie kid ... even the Parkland kid had serious documented issues (among others).

Which brings you to the real problem. The mental health and health care advocates will never allow the treatment of their patients to become public or be caused to restrict rights. They are too afraid that people won't seek the help they need if there are negative consequences.

So how do you get guns out of the hands of the crazies? This kid, the batman movie kid ... even the Parkland kid had serious documented issues (among others).
Maryland has some of the stricter carry permit and gun ownership requirements in America. He had a history of mental illness and instability and this probably should’ve disqualified him from being able to purchase and/or possess. So, how did this kid legally purchase his firearms? Was a ball dropped here and by whom?

Also, he broke the law by concealed carrying in Florida even if he had a permit because FL and MD do not have reciprocity. And then, of course, he broke all sorts of gun laws.

So, tell me what new common sense gun laws that aren’t already on the books would’ve stopped this guy?

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT