ADVERTISEMENT

JayFlash

CFKnight

Silver Knight
Aug 5, 2009

OU fans blowing up his comments. JayFlash to OU?

Showing some love. “Mad love for Jay Flash” with UCF gif

Try not to make it a full on ugly twitter war in his comment section.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's happened before, but I can't think of any. Has anybody ever transferred from a school, spent a couple years at a different school. Then gone back to his original school?

I think I hate the portal. I completely understand it, forcing kids to stay at schools wasn’t the greatest, but we have excelled over our peers by developing players.

How can you develop players when so many kids are trying on new schools like majors?

Reactions: Yaes and Becca_R_40
I am also starting to dislike the portal. I would like to see the sitting 1 year reinstated....what Mr Socko just did to UCLA was so douche-like.
Did he sign or is it akin to someone flipping their commitment on signing day which happens a lot? Don't know the difference between saying you are committed as a transfer vs. committed as a high school recruit.

Right now the portal is the wild west, team rosters are changing on the fly. With each change it creates dominos. No different than coaching changes. If Saban retired tomorrow, Dabo Swinney or some other top coach leaves their program the next day, and so forth.

Reactions: knight_tracker

OU fans blowing up his comments. JayFlash to OU?

Showing some love. “Mad love for Jay Flash” with UCF gif

Try not to make it a full on ugly twitter war in his comment section.
I get it though. Under Lebby/Heup those two shined extremely bright individually and put up massive numbers. So I get why that offense is so attractive to playmakers like them. And if you're weighing stats more than wins and championships at this level, it's a great way to go. Aside from the way DG exited, I enjoyed him. I liked his interviews and his behind the mic demeanor. Jay Flash is a very likable guy. I'll miss him but it would just be next man up.

This and NIL are a great way to buy a championship team. We should just get rid of this silly education requirement. Now guys are going to have to buy backups just to make sure bama depth isn't lost in the portal. (that's when you'll see a change happen)

It just seems that before players here wanted to elevate UCF and showed so much pride once they hit the league (Latavius , Griffin twins) . now they don’t care and are switching teams like underwear , even though we may benefit time to time how do you market a Program that way ?

good thing I have gotten more into the NFL

We have always been asking a lot of college kids, but now they are positioned to make individual choices instead of team choices.

When you had to stay at the school, building the program was the best way to succeed. So carrying a clipboard or pushing the starters at practice was setting yourself up for success.

Now, every athlete knows there is an outside shot they’ll be better somewhere else. It’s about what the team can do for you. And that’s not their fault, it’s the system we’re in.

It just seems that before players here wanted to elevate UCF and showed so much pride once they hit the league (Latavius , Griffin twins) . now they don’t care and are switching teams like underwear , even though we may benefit time to time how do you market a Program that way ?

The underdog mentality. This was something I thought of once the move to the Big XII was announced. The underdog image was something we've used as a way to maintain an edge, a chippi-ness, to the program. We could because we were ALWAYS on the outside looking in. Now we're on the inside. I wonder how that changes things over time. What P5 programs behave like an underdog but actually have success?

The underdog mentality. This was something I thought of once the move to the Big XII was announced. The underdog image was something we've used as a way to maintain an edge, a chippi-ness, to the program. We could because we were ALWAYS on the outside looking in. Now we're on the inside. I wonder how that changes things over time. What P5 programs behave like an underdog but actually have success?
Latavius Murray comes to mind ..he played here when ‘Power 5’ was talked about some but it was kind of a pipe dream , makes the NFL and comes back often and reps the Program every chance he gets..

now it seems like we have more players and even our own fans belittling the Program and saying being at UCF hurts their draft chances bc somehow playing on cable package ACC network will make them more visible . After receiving the Big12 invite I did not expect this many players to not be happy at UCF. We have never had this issue

Last edited:

Thumbs up on the UCF pride paragraph
Thumbs down on NFL comment

Comments offset, replay Post Reply

QB from Fresno St that followed coach to Washington think he transferred from Washington to Fresno St

The Portal combined with NIL is actually worse than NFL free agency, because at least in the NFL a team can sign a player to a multi-year contract and have some sense of security that the player you are developing will stay for a few years.

The Portal is like NFL free agency if every single player was on a one-year contract with a player-only option to renew every year.

after Murray injured his knee his freshman year he was looking to transfer back home to Syracuse, I think his mom convinced him to stay or something. If the one year wait period wasn't around back then I think he would have left. Same for the Griffin twins after GOL did Shaquem dirty.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

Transferring has been around for 100 years. It doesn’t make sense to force kids to stay where they are unhappy. NIL is the problem. That’s the reason so many are leaving now. Not a portal.

Reactions: Yaes and Wings0fred
after Murray injured his knee his freshman year he was looking to transfer back home to Syracuse, I think his mom convinced him to stay or something. If the one year wait period wasn't around back then I think he would have left. Same for the Griffin twins after GOL did Shaquem dirty.
If GOL regime never left he may have never had a chance. It worked out, but it easily could have been a situation where he never got a shot.

Thumbs up on the UCF pride paragraph
Thumbs down on NFL comment

Comments offset, replay Post Reply
nfl don’t have to deal with all the side bs that goes with recruiting. and there are a lot of young entertaining QBs to watch outside of the vets like Brady and Rodgers. Burrow, Herbert, Kyler Murray

This is all the growing pains of opening the rules (which should be open). The process will look very different in 5-10 years.

Reactions: muckdawg24
It can suck, but I don’t see why kids shouldn’t be allowed to move if they want. we will win some and lose some in the portal.

End of the day, It’s NOT the nfl, which is designed to have some semblance of parity. It’s going to be unfair at times.

Transferring has been around for 100 years. It doesn’t make sense to force kids to stay where they are unhappy. NIL is the problem. That’s the reason so many are leaving now. Not a portal.
I agree, but not sitting out a year makes the numbers skyrocket

It can suck, but I don’t see why kids shouldn’t be allowed to move if they want. we will win some and lose some in the portal.

End of the day, It’s NOT the nfl, which is designed to have some semblance of parity. It’s going to be unfair at times.
Many will find out the grass isn't always greener....and could be a worse situation!

nfl don’t have to deal with all the side bs that goes with recruiting. and there are a lot of young entertaining QBs to watch outside of the vets like Brady and Rodgers. Burrow, Herbert, Kyler Murray
I hear ya, and am not bashing you. I'm upset with the landscape of several professional sports... Too political, too much seemingly insincere pandering.

They do. They host Free Agents all the time. Teams were trying to get Brady before last year and was just like a 5 star HS kid. Rodgers and Wilson will be the same in a few weeks when they are being traded. Antonio Brown wasn’t fun to deal with by any of the coaches he’s had. He would skip practices and even showed up to a game late and never dressed out. It’s pretty much similar besides the draft. Players have demanded trades which is similar to the portal.

If GOL regime never left he may have never had a chance. It worked out, but it easily could have been a situation where he never got a shot.
Can you imagine O’Leary coaching now? I loved the guy but he’d have like 5 kids on scholarship as he tells all the kids,”Don’t let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out.”

Reactions: tjb74
Looks like he’s back, that’s good news for sure. It’ll be interesting to see the dynamics now since O’Keefe kind of took over that #1 role. Hopefully we have a bigger bodied receiver to step up this year to compliment them, as well as a competent QB.

Looks like he’s back, that’s good news for sure. It’ll be interesting to see the dynamics now since O’Keefe kind of took over that #1 role. Hopefully we have a bigger bodied receiver to step up this year to compliment them, as well as a competent QB.
So, am I understanding this correctly, Flash is definitely staying with UCF?

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Looks like he is staying now….probably why the AZ WR tweeted and deleted due to JFlash not leaving after all….JWB…come on 9/3/22!!!

Reactions: Yaes and tjb74
That Boobie kid would be phenomenal here. But so would Jordan Johnson and Nate Craig Meyers if either one can step up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT