ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Seinfeld's Masculinity Comments

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
From the article linked below:

What’s the deal with men and the social order?

Jerry Seinfeld discussed his nostalgia for the 1960s, the decade of his childhood, and the setting of his directorial debut Unfrosted, in a new interview with Bari Weiss on her show, Honesty.

“There's another element there that I think is the key element [of the ‘60s], and that is an agreed-upon hierarchy, which I think is absolutely vaporized in today's moment,” Seinfeld said. “I think that is why people lean on the horn and drive in the crazy way that they drive — because we have no sense of hierarchy and as humans we don't really feel comfortable like that.”

“The other thing is as a man, I've always wanted to be a real man,” he said. “I never made it, but I really thought when I was in that era — again, it was JFK, it was Muhammad Ali, it was Sean Connery, Howard Cosell, you can go all the way down there — that's a real man. I want to be like that someday.”

Seinfeld conceded that he never emulated those icons of manliness.

“I never really grew up,” he said. “You don't want to, as a comedian, because it's a childish pursuit. But I miss a dominant masculinity. Yeah, I get the toxic, I get it, I get it. But still, I like a real man.”

This article is just one of many expressing the social media outrage over what A COMEDIAN says out loud. What's so horrible about it? I feel the same way about the predictable social media outrage we get when Dave Chappelle releases a new Netflix special. Aren't comedians allowed to joke anymore?

That said, I think there's a grain of truth to Jerry's comments. Let me be crystal clear, I'm not condoning any of the toxic masculinity sh*t. We sure as hell don't need more girlfriend beaters or pussy grabbers. But society's recent trend towards frowning on expressions of masculinity outside of sports is (to me) why so many young men today are struggling to find their place in the world.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/j...like-a-real-man/ar-BB1nhNku?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Saving 85 and Joe some time here:

How DARE you share your opinion on a message board.

You are literally a NAZI for thinking differently from me.

Go back to NEBRASKA
!

Corn!!!!1one

Did I cover everything?

When did you become such a lap dop for Shooky, Ninja?

Here's some avuncular advice, free of charge: it's not a good look and kind of sus. No cap.

You are literally a NAZI for thinking differently from me.

this you?

Making America Great Again, one pipe bomb/Nazi rally at a time.
Lmao at calling literal racism "reckless".

This is how Nazi Germany started.
Y'all are fuking hopeless. This is literally how Nazi Germany started. Jesus.
I love how the WC was starting to get a little better thanks to 85 being gone after his blatant racism and now Wayne just shits all over it again with his right wing Nazi bullshit.
Growing up in the 80's and 90's I used to wonder how in the world a country like Nazi Germany happened. Now I no longer wonder.
Man, you'd make a great Nazi.
I think it's accurate to say that you are a pathetic, ignorant, racist Nazi-defending little man and you just got played like a fiddle.
Sir Nazi Snowflake using a tragedy to advance his crazy conspiracy theories yet again.
Since Sir Snowflake is acting like a petulant grade school Nazi defender, and twice as ignorant, everyone gets to relive this dumpster fire of a thread.

Damn, you can't laugh at my joke? I didn't mean to frost your pussy, I swear!

And aren't you in Germany on vacation? WTF are you wasting time on this board?
Don't get your vagina sweaty, I'm not the one getting worked up over an Internet message board 😂

And it's a working vacation....working your mom.

Don't get your vagina sweaty, I'm not the one getting worked up over an Internet message board 😂

And it's a working vacation....working your mom.
Cool. Can we get off moms since I just got off yours?

Don’t worry: I didn’t pay her for sex. I paid her to leave.

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
Dead moms. That’s hot.
Home Alone Thats My Fetish GIF

• Haha
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT