ADVERTISEMENT

JJ signs with the Pats

Nice. On practice squad. Would he be eligible to play in the playoffs? I don't know how NFL works. Can a team sign a player to play this late in the season/playoffs?

Yea he can, if they have the roster space. And the Pats are notorious for this. Not sure you remember that Tiquan Underwood guy who was on the Pats Super Bowl team a couple years ago. A couple days before the super bowl he got a hair cut with the team logo and it was all over social media. They cut him before the game was played to make room for someone else.

But I sense they probably don't unless there's an injury. Good news nonetheless.

Nice. On practice squad. Would he be eligible to play in the playoffs? I don't know how NFL works. Can a team sign a player to play this late in the season/playoffs?
Yes, but only if someone get's hurt and has to go on IR. You can't trade for a player this late in the season, but you can sign anyone who has cleared waivers (released from a team).

JJ...the man, the myth, the legend! :)
could be argued the most beloved recent UCF player outside of Bortles? He still gets huge support by current students and grads.

Maybe it's bc he was an underdog story. He was a knucklehead that risked getting kicked off the team bc of off the field issues but eventually turned into a key playmaker & leader

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT