ADVERTISEMENT

Just arrived in Pittsburg. Where is everyone?

Knight of Pegasus

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Haven't seen a single UCF fan since I arrived. Narduzzi was right, we don't travel well.

I asked some locals if they were excited about the Pittsburg vs UCF game tomorrow and they all looked at me like I was on drugs. They said Pittsburg State was playing Northeastern State this weekend, not UCF. I told them they must be confused on their directional universities because Central Florida was definitely coming to town. Besides, "Northeastern State" doesn't even sound like a real school. A double-directional "State" without an actual state in their name? Sounds like a team Bobby Boucher would have played against.

I didn't even ask how they could tell the difference between which PSU someone was talking about (Penn State University and Pittsburg State University). Seems confusing.

Everyone talks about some mountain in town where you get great views of the city, but all I could find was the 4th floor of the tallest "skyscraper" in Pittsburg. The views were underwhelming:
1280px-Downtown_pittsburg_ks.jpg

They always talk about three rivers, but there wasn't a single river in sight. And when your light poles are taller than any building in town it is kind of sad. Let me tell you... I'm more impressed with downtown Deland.

This place doesn't seem very hip, but if anyone is hitting up any bars in this "Strip District" tonight let me know where the meet-up is planned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News