ADVERTISEMENT

Just Show Up...

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
What was it that was so special about the 2017-2018 winning streak?

Those guys just showed up believing that no matter what they were going to play as a team and NOT be denied a victory!

We need this team to show up every week with the attitude that they will NOT be denied the victory. These 2 winning teams were the cardiac kids when it came to giving the fans 60 minutes of non-stop battling against the opposition ESPECIALLY when it looked like they were going to lose. They KEPT on coming back and NEVER QUIT!

The talent is there this year but this winning heart and spirit needs to be resurrected this season by our great group of student-athletes on the UCF football team :)

Go Knight! You can do it!

Last edited:
Straight Up, KZ was IT! The guy had IT and everyone around him trusted him and believed . Life is 80/20 . 80 Percent is just showing up the extra 20% is effort, brains , perseverance, skill , and such . Who is the IT player ,the leader ? Is it JRP? Time will tell .

I think all the ingredients are included in UCF having a great year. Coaching, players, schedule, etc.

So glad football season is here. It was a fun first weekend of keeping up with all the games.

Go Knights...Beat Boise...

I have doubts but then again, look around the NCAA. BC loses to a mediocre MAC, XII loses to mediocre teams, lots of upsets. We aren't the same team that used to take till the last 5-10 minutes of the game to finally separate from a mediocre team. Hopefully that means something.

Those 17-18 teams had chemistry and were a tight-knit group. I watched videos/pc's before the start of 17 and I knew they were going to be very special. I can't put my finger on it but they were destined to be world destroyers.

This team? Not so much. The guys seem to be close and have love for each other but while I like JRP, he'll never be the glue to bring this team together in order to win a championship.

6-6

the Program has been average since 2019. rode the 17-18 coattails into the Big12 and national relevancy

need to get back to that but it is hard to have confidence till they actually do it on the road

Hate on him all you want but you need to have that Prime mentality. No one believed in that team except Prime and he made them believe they could win and they won against TCU. That team goes in thinking "hmm let's keep this close but realistically we won't win against TCU" and guarantee you they lose that game.

These kids need to think like that not only for this game, but especially in Kansas St., OU, and the rest of the big games this year.

Hate on him all you want but you need to have that Prime mentality. No one believed in that team except Prime and he made them believe they could win and they won against TCU. That team goes in thinking "hmm let's keep this close but realistically we won't win against TCU" and guarantee you they lose that game.

These kids need to think like that not only for this game, but especially in Kansas St., OU, and the rest of the big games this year.
Most teams believe they’ll win every game. That’s usually not enough.

They will be ready for Boise. Will they win? I think so, but on the road, long trip, against a decent team that had a bad week one, and likely a determined chip on their shoulder, I expect a fight.

There was no quit in 2017-2018 teams and no major injuries to go with talent (until KZ) but they still played their arses off those last 2 games winning 1.

Last season we were hopeful but QB was hurt and team was struggling on offense and defense missing out on big plays. This year the pieces are there but will JRP play like a real QB? He has the intangible athleticism but needs to be mentally sharp back in the pocket.

Reactions: Knight_Light
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT