ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas abortion vote

Cubs79

Golden Knight
Jan 4, 2014
Kansas is the only state, so far anyway, who has put abortion on the ballot to let the people decide. And Kansas, not exactly a liberal hot bed, has voted overwhelmingly to keep abortion legal. Republicans have to be shitting themselves right now. If a state as conservative as Kansas voted to keep abortion legal (as I am typing this about 50% of the vote is in, and almost 2/3s have voted to keep abortion legal) then Republicans have to know they have way over stepped and misread this issue.

Also. new polling shows that who takes/keeps the house, is actually very competitive and likely wont be a Red wave like people have been suggesting, and I would imagine the abortion issue is playing a role in Democrats gaining ground.

Putting it up for state vote is good, but why stop there? A better solution is letting individual cities vote if abortion should be legal.

But don't stop at the city level. Let neighborhoods choose at their level if abortions should be allowed.

But we can do better than neighborhoods choosing.

The best case is down at the individual level, let the individual choose.

Putting it up for state vote is good, but why stop there? A better solution is letting individual cities vote if abortion should be legal.

But don't stop at the city level. Let neighborhoods choose at their level if abortions should be allowed.

But we can do better than neighborhoods choosing.

The best case is down at the individual level, let the individual choose.

I would imagine if Republican politicians were honest, they would agree with you, especially after tonight. This is a huge deal and a clear sign people think state governments are overstepping on this. The midterms are going to be a lot more interesting than I think most people would have expected 2 or 3 months ago.

I think it's great they put it up for a vote . I think a lot of people look at abortion like this . They themselves wouldn't do it but think it needs to be legal up to 12-15 weeks. Polls show there is acceptance in this time period . Nearly every European country prohibits abortion past 12-15 weeks and it's not a political issue .

My wifes grand mother died in 1940 in Ohio giving herself an abortion. Granted women in 1940 who got pregnant out of wedlock were scorned. Today we glorify teen moms on MTV so being single and pregnant does not have the stigma it once had. there are so many options for single moms today , so abortion should really be the last resort option .The again I read 60% of abortions are through a pill and very early on into pregnancy.

Personally, I think abortion is an abhorrent medical procedure and it terminates life , but pragmatically I am willing to accept it being legal in the 15 week range . As an independent libertarian this is where I stand . I have spent time in a NICU unit when my son was born and I saw miracles with babies in the 22 week range An experience like that sobers one into the miracle of life and how by the second trimester that fetus is truly a person.. I predict most states will adopt 12-15 week laws . The irony is this what the Dodd case was about as Mississippi wanted it called at ,15 weeks.

Kansas is the only state, so far anyway, who has put abortion on the ballot to let the people decide. And Kansas, not exactly a liberal hot bed, has voted overwhelmingly to keep abortion legal. Republicans have to be shitting themselves right now. If a state as conservative as Kansas voted to keep abortion legal (as I am typing this about 50% of the vote is in, and almost 2/3s have voted to keep abortion legal) then Republicans have to know they have way over stepped and misread this issue.

Also. new polling shows that who takes/keeps the house, is actually very competitive and likely wont be a Red wave like people have been suggesting, and I would imagine the abortion issue is playing a role in Democrats gaining ground.
Most people including republicans do not want to make it illegal. That said the vast majority do want restrictions on abortion. Like most things it is not an either or. I do agree the issue is going to help Dems this year.

Reactions: Nautiknight
insane clown posse rainbow GIF

Most people including republicans do not want to make it illegal. That said the vast majority do want restrictions on abortion.
Really? You wouldn’t know it from the crap they’ve been spewing about no exceptions. I think the GOP has backed themselves into a corner. None of is leaders appear to have the guts to call this what it is: madness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT