ADVERTISEMENT

Kickoffs only going to the 20

Was intentional. Their kick returner has been great. Has several return TDs the past couple years.

Reactions: UCFBS
Did anyone notice that the UCF recovery in the 4th quarter was classified as an "on-side" kick recovery, perhaps because no Memphis player ever had possession.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
An untouched ball is live until it crosses the goal line I believe. If you watched the highlights of Memphis their kick returner took at least 2 kickoffs to the house this season.

After it goes 10 yards, if it's in the field of course play, it's anyone's ball, touched or not.

After it goes 10 yards, if it's in the field of course play, it's anyone's ball, touched or not.
But are "pooch" kicks, increasingly popular since they moved the touchback to the 25, treated as on-sider kicks for statistics purposes?

Thanks NCAA for ruining our kickoff.
Would have been better to just move the kickoff back yet another 5 yards to the 30. I recognize they primarily want to reduce the collision injuries on returns.

An untouched ball is live until it crosses the goal line I believe. If you watched the highlights of Memphis their kick returner took at least 2 kickoffs to the house this season.
Used to be able to recover ball in endzone if they didn't down it. When did they change that?

The CFL has that must-return rule, but a deeper endzone (and, of course, their wider field). That's how our speedster Quincy McDuffie thrived there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT