ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda fun to speculate

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
UNC is set to hire Mack Brown. But go back 4 years:

Brown wanted the Nebraska job. So lets say he was hired. Obviously he would have done better than Riley so the idea of replacing him after year 3 becomes highly unlikely. If thats the case, Frost doesnt get the call to come home and would likely (?) still be at UCF. In November of last year, UCF was in the midst of one of its highest rated recruiting classes ever. So what would the future look like for both teams and coaches over the next few years?

Brown wanted the Nebraska job. So lets say he was hired. Obviously he would have done better than Riley so the idea of replacing him after year 3 becomes highly unlikely. If thats the case, Frost doesnt get the call to come home and would likely (?) still be at UCF. In November of last year, UCF was in the midst of one of its highest rated recruiting classes ever. So what would the future look like for both teams and coaches over the next few years?
We have a better coach now and that is not just Heup!

Reactions: Mikesi

Would Mack have been fired in three years? Probably

Reactions: Mikesi
In light of us going undefeated for another regular season, it's less fun to speculate, since the only way to go would be down.

I'd imagine Frost would have the ability to go undefeated. However, I'm not sure our defense would have gotten as good as it is now. Still not sure if Chinander needed time to build his system/players or if he's just not a good defensive coach (been seeing Nebraska fans complain about him.)

If we were looking at a 4-5 loss season I'm sure there would be some threads like "Frost screwed us by leaving" but we seem to be doing ok.

We have a better coach now and that is not just Heup!

Agree. In the long run it worked out just fine as is. On Defense the difference in coaching is huge. And Heup is just as good as head coach and Offensive coordinator.

In light of us going undefeated for another regular season, it's less fun to speculate, since the only way to go would be down.

I'd imagine Frost would have the ability to go undefeated. However, I'm not sure our defense would have gotten as good as it is now. Still not sure if Chinander needed time to build his system/players or if he's just not a good defensive coach (been seeing Nebraska fans complain about him.)

If we were looking at a 4-5 loss season I'm sure there would be some threads like "Frost screwed us by leaving" but we seem to be doing ok.
Chinanders D without Shaq and Mikey would have taken a major step backwards....

Reactions: Crazyhole

Now that just makes my head hurt! I am happy with the way it played out especially on defense.:sunglasses:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT