ADVERTISEMENT

KJ Jefferson to UCF

Getting this thread back on topic ...

Jefferson's Stats Show He's Exactly What's Needed to Win Big 12

Despite lack of SEC success, UCF Knights' Gus Malzahn has picked up conference killer he needs to claim league title in former Arkansas Razorbacks quarterback

"While the Razorbacks went 8-16 against SEC opponents during Jefferson's three years as an established starter, he was 4-1 against teams that either were in the Big 12 at the time or are currently in the Big 12. That lone loss was a 38-31 decision to BYU in Fayetteville this past season.

In five games, the powerful linebacker-esque quarterback put up 1,629 yards of offense and accounted for 15 touchdowns. There are no five games where a UCF quarterback averaged even close to that.

It will definitely be worth watching. If Malzahn can rebuild Jefferson's confidence, restore his speed and work around his shortcomings in reading defenses, the pair can do a lot of damage against what will be the weakest schedule he has ever faced."

Jefferson and Arkansas faced the nation's toughest schedule in 2021 and the third toughest schedule in 2022. Jefferson is battle tested for sure.

Damn, that's a lot of "if's!!!"

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Idk man, the baseball system is a lot different than football. There’s like 7 minor leagues and most these guys live off of $50k into their 30s. If you’re in the NFL, you’re making bank even at the league minimum.

If he goes for NFL and doesn’t make it, the train stops there whereas he could play minors for 10 years and never crack the MLB.

You have to be really sure of yourself to go for baseball.
A lot of guys played baseball for a bit and then switched back to football. Weinke off top of my head. Drew Henson maybe too? Michael Jordan dabbled in baseball and he wasn’t even good at it. But once he sees the nfl is out of reach he’ll play baseball.

Y'all need to get a grip. If he was perfect, he would be in the NFL.

In 2023, he was the 12th ranked QB (out of 14) in the SEC.

In 2022, he was the second-ranked QB in the league behind only Heisman trophy winner Bryce Young.

What changed for KJ Jefferson from 2022 to 2023 were Arkansas's offensive line personnel (which were worst in the SEC), wide receiving corps (which were among the worst in the SEC), his OC, and the offensive system.

I assure you the returning offensive linemen and wide receivers at UCF won't be the worst in the Big 12, and Gus's system will only accentuate Jefferson's strengths.

#1readrun

Great pickup. I didn't want to watch a whole season with backyard QB starting for the team. Hopefully, one of the freshmen QBs will grow up next season to take the reins in 2025 at the QB position.

Some people think we should be a Perineal Top 10 football team now but not me. Whether Gus goes or stays we need to keep recruiting like he does and build a consistently good P5 football team over next 2-3 years.

KJ is a gator slayer...

KJ Jefferson connected with Tyrone Broden for a 4-yard score in overtime that lifted Arkansas to a 39-36 victory at Florida on Saturday, ending a six-game skid for the Razorbacks and giving them their first win in the Swamp in six tries.

“We played our hearts out for each other,” Jefferson said. “It’s been a frustrating season, but to be the first team to ever win here is something we can always hang our hat on.”

KJ gonna have an opportunity to hang another hat! Oct 5th !!!

Reactions: I ABear I
Sour grapes?

Sour grapes? Not exactly.

"He didn’t have a very good offensive line in front of him."
FACT

"He didn’t have a very good offensive coordinator."
FACT

(He also had crappy portal wide receivers, who were big and lethargic and couldn't get separation from SEC DBs.)

"Jefferson has a limited skill set. Maybe not limited, but he fits a certain football system."
FACT (But he fits what Gus does.)

"Most elite college teams use a progression read system. That is not Jefferson’s strength."
FACT (It is the only reason he didn't go to TCU I assume. #1readrun)

"Good luck K.J. This will be the last year that you will get paid to play football if all indications from experts are correct."

Loop Trump GIF

Last edited:
LOL. Yes, if you gather comments from this forum on UCF players you could form an article just like that. Neggie-Nancies have permanent sour grapes stuck in their mouth. :p

I'd like to see what he can do at UCF. Worst case scenario, the coaches should spend some time with Timmy just in case he makes an appearance this next season. Timmy has the size, the arm strength, and speed to be a good QB. He needs to get a better sense of control of the game/patience and that comes with practice and coaching. I'd like to see how he looks in the spring after the coaches have worked with him more in the off season. The guy has talent and could be coached up.

I'd like to see what he can do at UCF. Worst case scenario, the coaches should spend some time with Timmy just in case he makes an appearance this next season. Timmy has the size, the arm strength, and speed to be a good QB. He needs to get a better sense of control of the game/patience and that comes with practice and coaching. I'd like to see how he looks in the spring after the coaches have worked with him more in the off season. The guy has talent and could be coached up.
True…..but was a slow decision maker

Reactions: Yaes
I like Timmy, but I'm not certain that he'll still be with us for the 2024 season. I guess he hasn't indicated that he wants to transfer, but you have to think that it's crossed his mind given the QB situation here.

Look on the bright side. UCF doesn't have to worry about Jefferson skipping the bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft.

I like Timmy, but I'm not certain that he'll still be with us for the 2024 season. I guess he hasn't indicated that he wants to transfer, but you have to think that it's crossed his mind given the QB situation here.
Wouldn’t he have to sit a year? He’d have to go to a G5 program

Great pickup. I didn't want to watch a whole season with backyard QB starting for the team. Hopefully, one of the freshmen QBs will grow up next season to take the reins in 2025 at the QB position.

Some people think we should be a Perineal Top 10 football team now but not me. Whether Gus goes or stays we need to keep recruiting like he does and build a consistently good P5 football team over next 2-3 years.
I agree with your post. But looking ahead to 2025, the opening roster may get scary for whoever is QB at that time. After '24 we lose Harvey, Baker, Kobe, KJ, our portal TE and 3 projected starting OLs (Kite, Medley and Jabari).

Unless we get the young players meaningful experience during the '24 season we will really need to hit the portal heavily for the '25 season.

Reactions: Yaes
OK, so KJ has committed to UCF, and he really looks good on film, and he did some really good things for Arkansas. My question is, now that we have that special, high quality, large QB, who seems to fit Gus's Offense perfectly, what excuse will we have if we still don't win games in the XII next year? Will it be Defensive Line, Secondary, Line Backers, Special Teams, Coaches, Play Calling, Gus or some or all of the above?

You'll have to go to practice to UCFind out.

If you want to know, you have to put in the work.

#UCFacts

:cool:

Se
I know what you mean to say (perennial —> consistent) but I did laugh because (perineal —> ass adjacent) also works too… [laughing]
Usually spell checker bails me out of making these mistakes :) I was a comp sci major not an English major so I am dependent on tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT